Guidewire

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guidewire in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very thorough with multiple rounds. It started off with a call from HR to find if I was the right fit for Guidewire's culture. Then a phone interview with someone in a similar role. After the phone round, there were three onsite interviews. The first onsite round had 1:1 interview with 3 people in similar roles. The second round has 1:1 interview with 3 people from the team and the third round was with senior management.

The interviews revolved around questions very relevant to the role, more hands-on questions...no irrelevant questions which I got from other companies I interviewed at. The interview experience was very positive to make me more interested in joining the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Offered better than expected and accepted.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Guidewire in October 2009.

Interview Details – Brought in by a contract recruiter. Talked to two product managers. Both asked questions about how I would solve specific issues their software had faced in the past. For a product management position, they wanted a lot of technical detail. Their product managers seem to almost design their software. The second interviewer was extremely cagey as to how the role functions and refused to answer questions about how priority conflicts were resolved. The evasiveness lead to me think the place is chaotic and has major issues in the product management department as thus I told the recruiter I was not interested.

Interview Question – How would you design a feature that archives claims?   Answer Question

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!