Guidewire

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guidewire in January 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter called after I applied online to the company. They scheduled a telephonic interview. There were questions like what do I know, how much automation experience, java experience, why I am leaving the current job etc. I was told that I would get a call within two days. But did not hear from them at all.

Interview Question – Unexpected question : Experience with Java outside automation   Answer Question

San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guidewire in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position QA (Gray box) Engineer online and i was contacted by the recruiter. He was very good and gave me a nice introduction over the phone and ran me thro the interview process. He set up a phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. The phone interview went fine.

The Hiring manager asked me about my current job and why am i looking for other opportunities.

Then i was called for the inperson interview the following week. The first one hour session went well where they asked me few questions on Java basics. A couple of problems were given and i was asked to write programs to solve those. The interviewer verified the programs that i wrote and he suggested me other alternatives to write the programs as well.

In the next hour,another QA automation person in the company came and showed me a couple of code snippets from their automation scripts, and he asked to automate few actions in their website.
I struggled in the beginning since they were using GOSU , it is their own programming language and there are some difference in the in the way of writing the regular selenium automation scripts with Java.
He helped me and answered all my questions and finally i wrote a code snippet and i was able to execute it.

The 3rd hour was with the hiring manager. This was all theatrical were they asked some questions on my current project, the kind of work i do etc. I was given an given a scenario and was asked to come up with the test cases to test that, this round didnt go well and the interviewer expected me to tell a couple of cases that i didnt think about.

Overall, it was a good experience and i felt the work atmosphere was very good.

Interview Question – How did you wanted your ideal day to be at work?   Answer Question

San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guidewire in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewers were friendly and helped me to overcome nervousness.
Hiring manager was honest in describing the role / responsibilities to me.
He was good at telling both positive and negative aspects of being at guidewire.

I was given a decision 1 day after my in-person interviews.
Interview questions were similar to the questions described in rest on the interview feedbacks.

Interview Question – Automation of a UI test for a web page   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Foster City, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guidewire in March 2009.

Interview Details – Was asked totally trivial questions about Java, SQL, and black-box testing
during a courteous 1-hour 1:1 interview.

Returned for a planned 4 hour interview in software testing, expecting programming and puzzle questions. Was asked absolutely nothing relevant to testing and software verification during
the initial 45 minute period by a quirky and non-technical "program manager" who obviously
had not read my resume at all. As best I could figure from his mindless babbling, the questions
concerned estimating the priority of testing various drop-boxes and check-boxes in a GUI
application that he was barely able to even describe. The remainder of the interview didn't
even take place. I departed and refused to shake the interviewer's hand upon leaving.

Interview Question – Sample questions concerning Java or SQL.   View Answers (2)

QA Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guidewire in January 2008.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me by phone. After the initial screen, went in for 1:1 meeting. I was suppose to meet with 4 people, but meet only with 2. The questions were typical of asking background of resume and then asking technical questions from resume. SQL questions and basic logic questions.

Interview Question – Was asked a question about inner joins.   Answer Question

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!