Guidewire

www.guidewire.com

Guidewire QA Engineer Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guidewire in January 2013.

The recruiter called after I applied online to the company. They scheduled a telephonic interview. There were questions like what do I know, how much automation experience, java experience, why I am leaving the current job etc. I was told that I would get a call within two days. But did not hear from them at all.

Interview Questions
  • Unexpected question : Experience with Java outside automation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guidewire in June 2012.

I applied for the position QA (Gray box) Engineer online and i was contacted by the recruiter. He was very good and gave me a nice introduction over the phone and ran me thro the interview process. He set up a phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. The phone interview went fine.

The Hiring manager asked me about my current job and why am i looking for other opportunities.

Then i was called for the inperson interview the following week. The first one hour session went well where they asked me few questions on Java basics. A couple of problems were given and i was asked to write programs to solve those. The interviewer verified the programs that i wrote and he suggested me other alternatives to write the programs as well.

In the next hour,another QA automation person in the company came and showed me a couple of code snippets from their automation scripts, and he asked to automate few actions in their website.
    I struggled in the beginning since they were using GOSU , it is their own programming language and there are some difference in the in the way of writing the regular selenium automation scripts with Java.
    He helped me and answered all my questions and finally i wrote a code snippet and i was able to execute it.

The 3rd hour was with the hiring manager. This was all theatrical were they asked some questions on my current project, the kind of work i do etc. I was given an given a scenario and was asked to come up with the test cases to test that, this round didnt go well and the interviewer expected me to tell a couple of cases that i didnt think about.

Overall, it was a good experience and i felt the work atmosphere was very good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guidewire in April 2010.

The interviewers were friendly and helped me to overcome nervousness.
    Hiring manager was honest in describing the role / responsibilities to me.
    He was good at telling both positive and negative aspects of being at guidewire.

I was given a decision 1 day after my in-person interviews.
    Interview questions were similar to the questions described in rest on the interview feedbacks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in March 2009.

Was asked totally trivial questions about Java, SQL, and black-box testing
    during a courteous 1-hour 1:1 interview.

Returned for a planned 4 hour interview in software testing, expecting programming and puzzle questions. Was asked absolutely nothing relevant to testing and software verification during
    the initial 45 minute period by a quirky and non-technical "program manager" who obviously
    had not read my resume at all. As best I could figure from his mindless babbling, the questions
    concerned estimating the priority of testing various drop-boxes and check-boxes in a GUI
    application that he was barely able to even describe. The remainder of the interview didn't
    even take place. I departed and refused to shake the interviewer's hand upon leaving.

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in January 2008.

Recruiter contacted me by phone. After the initial screen, went in for 1:1 meeting. I was suppose to meet with 4 people, but meet only with 2. The questions were typical of asking background of resume and then asking technical questions from resume. SQL questions and basic logic questions.