Guidewire Senior Functional Consultant Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online – interviewed at Guidewire.

1 Interview with HR
1 Interview with field consultant
1 Functional Test Java, XML, DB Design
1 3x45min face to face interview

Very good prepared process, you get the view within the firm culture and get the understanding how the projects have been managed within the Guidewire. You will be checked regarding your tech and project background. Overall it was ver proffesional and interesting.

Interview Questions
  • 3x45min face to face interview because of time duaration   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

Senior Functional Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire.

A friend of mine referred me for an opening in early 2011. Unfortunately there were no open positions at that time. I had one interview for a technical position but early in to the interview it was clear it was too technical for my experience level. I kept a line of dialogue open between the recruiters as I was very eager to join Guidewire in a functional capacity and knew that I would make a great asset and addition to the company. After about 6 months, I got a phone call from the recruiter I most frequently talked to and was told the position was open and I was the top choice. I set up a phone interview with a field consultant. This first call was to go over the position and qualifications and a general get to know each other type of call. Very casual and comfortable. At the end of this call, we set up a time to take the functional test for the next day. On the day I was expecting to receive the technical test, I heard nothing, no calls or emails. I gave up and wrote an email to the HR contact I had. My first interviewer had forgotten to schedule the test! He emailed me and apologized and no harm done. I took the test that evening, it included some basic programming questions that could be answered in any language of choice. I got the feeling this was to assert that one understands the basics of computer science and the basic programming structures (loops, arrays, etc). There were a couple basic XML questions, cleaning up syntax, some basic DB design type questions. The test was on a word document, which was sent at a specific time and then required to be emailed back within 90 minutes. There were a few industry (insurance) specific questions that were pretty general. Designing some high level anti-fraud claims algorithms and the like. After I emailed the test back in the evening, I received an email the next day asking to set up a followup phone interview. It was scheduled for a couple days later. This followup call was also relaxed and casual, we didn't talk about my test but we got in to some more database design/programming questions. These were all pretty high level. About an hour after finishing this interview, I received a call from my recruiter asking to schedule the next round, which would be an on-site interview in Atlanta. I scheduled the interview for a week later. The onsite/in person interview consisted of 3 interviewers in succession (not at once). The whole process took about 4.5 hours and was a great way to get to know some employees in the company and learn more about the culture and passion. After leaving the interview site and waiting in the airport for my return flight, I received a call from my recruiter saying he would like to extend an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult part of the interview process was the on-site interviews. This was 4 hours of me talking the whole time about my past experience, current skills, my desires and ambition, and having questions to ask the interviewers as well.   Answer Question
    I was given an initial offer and countered without giving a figure. A day later I was given another offer and I accepted. Negotiating is never easy but you don't get anything unless you ask. Have confidence in yourself.

Senior Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guidewire in January 2013.

1. An hour phone interview to check English and reason for application.
    I asked some questions.

2. Interview with other pre sales person, he asked me technical background and motivation.

3. Demonstrate presentation skill was requested.
    Gave presentation for their internal persons.

Interview Questions
    • There are nothing difficult just attendees scores your presentation however younger guys were poor technical skills and attitude were so rude.   Answer Question