Guidewire Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got the first phone interview invitation 3 or 4 days later. The first round is about basic Java knowledge. The second round phone interview needs access to internet. The interviewer will send a link to your email. It is like coderpad. I was asked to do some coding. Both interviewers are pretty nice. The pace is quick. When you got the point, he moves to the next question.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java interview questions. Like how does HashMap deal with collision?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Applied at the career fair, and was had to do a relatively simple coding challenge on the back of my resume, which I completed. Was later emailed that they'd like to interview me on campus. After chatting for a bit, the two engineers interviewing me had me do a couple coding problems on a computer that all built off of each other. I solved all of them, perhaps taking a bit longer on the last one than I should have. I was later emailed that I had positive reviews from my interview and they were still deciding. The next week they emailed me that they couldn't offer me a position, but they encouraged me to apply again and had added my name to people they were interested in for the future. Being a sophomore, I can't have too many complaints.

Interview Questions

• First writing a method that generated license plate numbers by taking certain formatted strings and converting certain numbers into letters. Next, a method that used that method to check if certain strings were valid license plates. Finally, writing a method that generated all possible correctly formatted license plates. Was also asked about hypothetical ways to improve solutions although they told me not to worry too much about efficiency.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the recruiter after a week. The recruiter asked about a few technical questions that were straight out of the book. No problems there as the recruiter was keen on understanding whether I could code or not. I was scheduled for a phone screen. That was it!

Interview Questions

• Given a list L1(L11, L12)->L2->L3(L31, L32)->L4. (L1->L2 means that L1 is the parent and L2 is the child. L1(L11, L12) means that the nodes are adjoined). Flatten the list at the same level. Collabedit interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guidewire (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a coding challenge that I had to complete (no time frame) correctly upon which I was informed that I will be having a 30 minutes skype interview. The interviewer was very kind and asked me about my solution to the coding problem and asked me a couple of data structures questions like speak about their implementation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

I applied via career fair, and got contacted for a phone interview after about a week. The interview lasted half an hour. The interviewer started with a introduction of the company, and then went through the resume pretty quickly. I got a few detailed questions about the Java language, and a small puzzle around the end. The interviewer is very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract class and interface   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Guidewire in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through linkedIn.I got phone interview call after 10 days I applied.The interviewer asked me basic java and data structure questions,one puzzle.The interview process is very fast and very friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The head of recruiting was really friendly and replied promptly. They gave me a coding challenge for a "boggle game" in Java. I didn't know java, but I knew Python and tried my best. Then, I was given a video/phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in June 2013.

Interview

A telephonic round with hiring manager, covered job experience and a few questions on simple data structures.
    Then I was called for on-site interview.
    1 hour Object-Oriented design
    1 hour Algorithms
    1 hour programming on an IDE
    1 hour behavioral interview with manager.

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Has a quick 30 minute phone screen consisting of basic data sturctures and OOP design questions. Was bought on for a 4 hour onsite interview. Talked to the recruiter briefly, had another OOP design question that took an hour, one algorithm interview (that involved recursion) for an hour, a coding question with an IDE on the computer, then talked to a manager about the company. Interview process was good, felt like a good place to work, and I also felt like I preformed well, but two days later the recruiter let me know I didn't get that job.

Interview Questions

• All I'll say is that the questions are different than what's posted on Glassdoor (since they realized too many people read the questions)...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

1. wordy puzzle game
    2. went over the solution with interiewer