Guidewire

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.1

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Guidewire.

Applied at the career fair, and was had to do a relatively simple coding challenge on the back of my resume, which I completed. Was later emailed that they'd like to interview me on campus. After chatting for a bit, the two engineers interviewing me had me do a couple coding problems on a computer that all built off of each other. I solved all of them, perhaps taking a bit longer on the last one than I should have. I was later emailed that I had positive reviews from my interview and they were still deciding. The next week they emailed me that they couldn't offer me a position, but they encouraged me to apply again and had added my name to people they were interested in for the future. Being a sophomore, I can't have too many complaints.

Interview Questions
  • First writing a method that generated license plate numbers by taking certain formatted strings and converting certain numbers into letters. Next, a method that used that method to check if certain strings were valid license plates. Finally, writing a method that generated all possible correctly formatted license plates. Was also asked about hypothetical ways to improve solutions although they told me not to worry too much about efficiency.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guidewire in February 2015.

I had a coding challenge that I had to complete (no time frame) correctly upon which I was informed that I will be having a 30 minutes skype interview. The interviewer was very kind and asked me about my solution to the coding problem and asked me a couple of data structures questions like speak about their implementation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Guidewire.

Applied online and got a call from the recruiter after a week. The recruiter asked about a few technical questions that were straight out of the book. No problems there as the recruiter was keen on understanding whether I could code or not. I was scheduled for a phone screen. That was it!

Interview Questions
    • Given a list L1(L11, L12)->L2->L3(L31, L32)->L4. (L1->L2 means that L1 is the parent and L2 is the child. L1(L11, L12) means that the nodes are adjoined). Flatten the list at the same level. Collabedit interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Guidewire in October 2011.

It is a technical test in Eclipse and you are given 4 hours to complete it. It has 3 parts. In the first one you have to code a JDBC application that access a SQLLite database. In the second one there is a JMS broker and you have to code a publisher and a subscriber that reverses the message pulled from the queue. The last part is a code quality interview where you have to check for code smells in a file reading/writing piece of code.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire.

I applied via career fair, and got contacted for a phone interview after about a week. The interview lasted half an hour. The interviewer started with a introduction of the company, and then went through the resume pretty quickly. I got a few detailed questions about the Java language, and a small puzzle around the end. The interviewer is very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between abstract class and interface   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Guidewire in November 2014.

I applied through linkedIn.I got phone interview call after 10 days I applied.The interviewer asked me basic java and data structure questions,one puzzle.The interview process is very fast and very friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

The head of recruiting was really friendly and replied promptly. They gave me a coding challenge for a "boggle game" in Java. I didn't know java, but I knew Python and tried my best. Then, I was given a video/phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in March 2013.

I had to solve 6 sw engineering exercises in 3 hours regarding JDBC, JMS and general purposes algorithms. Later I was interviewed for 3 hours more by 3 different teams. They paid attention to go deep from the technical and managerial point of view without loosing some common sense. Company paid my expenses to come in Dublin for interview.

Interview Questions
    They took a lot of care to understand my personal situation and to help me in transition from HP to Guidewire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guidewire in August 2009.

2 day interview

Interview Questions
    Just name a price and it was accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in June 2013.

A telephonic round with hiring manager, covered job experience and a few questions on simple data structures.
    Then I was called for on-site interview.
    1 hour Object-Oriented design
    1 hour Algorithms
    1 hour programming on an IDE
    1 hour behavioral interview with manager.