Guidewire

Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire.

I applied via career fair, and got contacted for a phone interview after about a week. The interview lasted half an hour. The interviewer started with a introduction of the company, and then went through the resume pretty quickly. I got a few detailed questions about the Java language, and a small puzzle around the end. The interviewer is very friendly.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between abstract class and interface   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Guidewire

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Guidewire in November 2014.

I applied through linkedIn.I got phone interview call after 10 days I applied.The interviewer asked me basic java and data structure questions,one puzzle.The interview process is very fast and very friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

The head of recruiting was really friendly and replied promptly. They gave me a coding challenge for a "boggle game" in Java. I didn't know java, but I knew Python and tried my best. Then, I was given a video/phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in March 2013.

I had to solve 6 sw engineering exercises in 3 hours regarding JDBC, JMS and general purposes algorithms. Later I was interviewed for 3 hours more by 3 different teams. They paid attention to go deep from the technical and managerial point of view without loosing some common sense. Company paid my expenses to come in Dublin for interview.

Interview Questions
    They took a lot of care to understand my personal situation and to help me in transition from HP to Guidewire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guidewire in August 2009.

2 day interview

Interview Questions
    Just name a price and it was accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in June 2013.

A telephonic round with hiring manager, covered job experience and a few questions on simple data structures.
    Then I was called for on-site interview.
    1 hour Object-Oriented design
    1 hour Algorithms
    1 hour programming on an IDE
    1 hour behavioral interview with manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guidewire in March 2013.

Has a quick 30 minute phone screen consisting of basic data sturctures and OOP design questions. Was bought on for a 4 hour onsite interview. Talked to the recruiter briefly, had another OOP design question that took an hour, one algorithm interview (that involved recursion) for an hour, a coding question with an IDE on the computer, then talked to a manager about the company. Interview process was good, felt like a good place to work, and I also felt like I preformed well, but two days later the recruiter let me know I didn't get that job.

Interview Questions
    • All I'll say is that the questions are different than what's posted on Glassdoor (since they realized too many people read the questions)...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Guidewire.

Becareful as Guidewire does not keep your personal information confidential. The industry will know you are interviewing (sometimes before you even get the call to set up the interview). After the interview be prepared for lots of gossip and talking about you (Not just internally to Guidewire people but may even call your current employer to tell them you interviewed with Guidewire but are not going to get the job!!!!).

Not uncommon for in person interview to take 6- 8 hours to complete (That is the first in person interview alone!)

Interview Questions
    • Asked to explain a policy life cycle for an insurance policy and how to rate it, but their business experts do not even understand the importance of a rate effective date and how it can be different then the policy effective date   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guidewire.

Multiple interviews both over the phone and in person. Well structured Code Test. Concentrates on the problem at hand, by providing an environment that is up and running.

Interview Questions
    • Walk through the technical design and architecture of a project that you have previously worked on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guidewire in September 2011.

Applied the post online and got an response from the Guidewire recruiter quickly within 3 days. A quick phone interview with the HR recruiter. she just ask a general technical questions to ensure your skills set matches to the skill set in the job description. Then she request to write a 90 minutes technical test.
    After the test, I though that I am doing fine. At least , I have confidence that I provide the correct answers for 80%.
    Three days after the test, I got an phone call from another HR personal from Guidewire saying that she will not pursuit any further of the interview. I ask how I did in the test. She did not answer directly my question but rather she ask me how difficult is the test.

Interview Questions
    • 1.- What are some of the flow control mechanisms you would expect to find in a modern programming language? Compare and contrast 3 of these mechanisms
      2.- List the main concepts of object-oriented development. Describe at least one in detail.
      3.-Given an array of type Contact with the property Phone, write a Java method that determines whether any pair of contacts in the array has the same phone number. Be sure to return a boolean value of true if a match is found. Note that there are several potential solutions to this problem. Please try to provide the most efficient solution possible assuming a very large number of contacts
      4.-List the test method names that you would want to implement for the above code. Provide the implementation for at least one of these

View Answer