Guilford Technical Community College

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.7

Associate Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

The interview was approximately 1 hour. The interviewer wanted me to describe myself, my background and places I had previously been employed. I was asked about my levels of education and where I did my formal education. She also wanted to know what I enjoyed about my last 2 positions, and what could be different. She wanted to know why I was ready to leave my most recent position. The interview went well and a week later I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your personality.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College.

Interview

Had in person interview with a variety of staff from college. Told that I would hear from them in a couple of weeks when they would decide on second interviews. They took turns asking me questions in turn, nothing I didn't expect as I had had done my homework on the college and the position. F/U I called and was told things were "up in the air" about 3 wks after. They then reposted the job with a laundry list of duties. I was not called in for a second interview (6 of us were brought in initially) I saw the same positiion totally reposted another week later. It is impolite not to be upfront with your applicants and let them know that you didn't feel that they measured up. They did not have the courtesy to even email or send a thank you note. I would never apply for a job with this place again due to that.

Interview Questions

• Seemed more concerned about whether I used folders for my materials in the computer than the changeover to a new CMS system and Discovery system (which most people might not understand at all--I had read up on it).   1 Answer

Adjunct English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamestown, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College (Jamestown, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Employees rarely have "internal only" job postings. Employees are able to post for positions once the jobs are electronically posted on the College's job board. Unfortunately, the College is absolutely terrible with informing an applicant that he/she did not gain the position; the applicant is in forever-limbo!

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamestown, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College (Jamestown, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was quite friendly and rather informal. The interviewer asked about my teaching philosophy, what had been my best and worst experiences teaching. She was quite professional, and though it was not a particularly difficult because of the informal atmosphere, I felt that she was thorough.

Interview Questions

• What my most difficult experience as a teacher had been.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College (Jamestown, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Applications for all GTCC jobs are now conducted online. A representative of the department called to arrange the interview. The department head contacted me via email to provide specifics of the interview, which consisted of a mini-teach. The interview consisted of a panel of 8 faculty and staff members of the college. I was allotted 15 minutes for the mini-teach. When the mini-teach was complete, the panel alternated questions that were scripted.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of a developmental student?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you would be the best fit for this position?   Answer Question

I Only Had O Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College (High Point, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

A friend told me about the open position, and he recommended me with her boss. He was working in the same institution and in the same department. I had only one interview with this lady, and it was a good experience. She liked my background and my skills and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questios. The interview really flowed very smooth   Answer Question