Guilford Technical Community College

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

I Only Had O Interview

High Point, NC

I interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College in May 2010.

Interview Details – A friend told me about the open position, and he recommended me with her boss. He was working in the same institution and in the same department. I had only one interview with this lady, and it was a good experience. She liked my background and my skills and I was hired.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questios. The interview really flowed very smooth   Answer Question

Adjunct English Instructor Interview

Jamestown, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College in September 2012.

Interview Details – Employees rarely have "internal only" job postings. Employees are able to post for positions once the jobs are electronically posted on the College's job board. Unfortunately, the College is absolutely terrible with informing an applicant that he/she did not gain the position; the applicant is in forever-limbo!

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Collection Development Librarian Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College.

Interview Details – Had in person interview with a variety of staff from college. Told that I would hear from them in a couple of weeks when they would decide on second interviews. They took turns asking me questions in turn, nothing I didn't expect as I had had done my homework on the college and the position.
F/U I called and was told things were "up in the air" about 3 wks after. They then reposted the job with a laundry list of duties. I was not called in for a second interview (6 of us were brought in initially) I saw the same positiion totally reposted another week later. It is impolite not to be upfront with your applicants and let them know that you didn't feel that they measured up. They did not have the courtesy to even email or send a thank you note. I would never apply for a job with this place again due to that.

Interview Question – Seemed more concerned about whether I used folders for my materials in the computer than the changeover to a new CMS system and Discovery system (which most people might not understand at all--I had read up on it).   View Answer

Full Time English/Reading Developmental Instructor Interview

Jamestown, NC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applications for all GTCC jobs are now conducted online. A representative of the department called to arrange the interview. The department head contacted me via email to provide specifics of the interview, which consisted of a mini-teach. The interview consisted of a panel of 8 faculty and staff members of the college. I was allotted 15 minutes for the mini-teach. When the mini-teach was complete, the panel alternated questions that were scripted.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Guilford Technical Community College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guilford Technical Community College interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Guilford Technical Community College employees and interview candidates.