Guilford Technical Community College Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

I Only Had O Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  High Point, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College in May 2010.

A friend told me about the open position, and he recommended me with her boss. He was working in the same institution and in the same department. I had only one interview with this lady, and it was a good experience. She liked my background and my skills and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questios. The interview really flowed very smooth   Answer Question

Adjunct English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jamestown, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Jamestown, NC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College in September 2012.

Employees rarely have "internal only" job postings. Employees are able to post for positions once the jobs are electronically posted on the College's job board. Unfortunately, the College is absolutely terrible with informing an applicant that he/she did not gain the position; the applicant is in forever-limbo!

Collection Development Librarian Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College.

Had in person interview with a variety of staff from college. Told that I would hear from them in a couple of weeks when they would decide on second interviews. They took turns asking me questions in turn, nothing I didn't expect as I had had done my homework on the college and the position.
    F/U I called and was told things were "up in the air" about 3 wks after. They then reposted the job with a laundry list of duties. I was not called in for a second interview (6 of us were brought in initially) I saw the same positiion totally reposted another week later. It is impolite not to be upfront with your applicants and let them know that you didn't feel that they measured up. They did not have the courtesy to even email or send a thank you note. I would never apply for a job with this place again due to that.

Interview Questions
    • Seemed more concerned about whether I used folders for my materials in the computer than the changeover to a new CMS system and Discovery system (which most people might not understand at all--I had read up on it).   View Answer

Full Time English/Reading Developmental Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jamestown, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Jamestown, NC

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Guilford Technical Community College in June 2011.

Applications for all GTCC jobs are now conducted online. A representative of the department called to arrange the interview. The department head contacted me via email to provide specifics of the interview, which consisted of a mini-teach. The interview consisted of a panel of 8 faculty and staff members of the college. I was allotted 15 minutes for the mini-teach. When the mini-teach was complete, the panel alternated questions that were scripted.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of a developmental student?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you would be the best fit for this position?   Answer Question

Worked for Guilford Technical Community College? Contribute to the Community!