Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Guitar Center
- Sales Associate (35)
- Sales Associate In Professional Audio (4)
- Guitar Center Sales Associate (3)
- Pro Audio Sales (3)
- Operations Associate (3)
- Assistant Manager (3)
- Store Manager (2)
- Sales (2)
- Department Manager (2)
- Drum Sales (2)
- Operations (2)
- Collections (1)
- Drum Salesman (1)
- Recording (1)
- Pro Sound (1)
- Studios Associate (1)
- Sales Assocoiate (1)
- PIM Coordinator (1)
- Drums Sales Associate (1)
- Customer Operations Associate (1)
- Guitar Salesman (1)
- Recording, Live Audio, & Keyboards Sales Associate (1)
- Drum Department Manager (1)
- Systems & Supply Chain Manager (1)
- Enterprise Social Media Marketing Specialist (1)
- Elite Sales Force (1)
- Guitar Repair Tech (1)
- AP Trade Specialist (1)
- Pricing Analyst (1)
- Customer Operations Assistant (1)
Assistant Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center.
1) applied via online form 2) called for interview 3) went to 10-minute interview - was very hard to read the interviewers' relative like/dislike of me 4) was called within 48 hours and offered a job
- Why do you want to work at Guitar Center? I was applying to dozens of different employers from a myriad of industries, and I always had to spend a lot of time thinking about this question as it applied to each potential employer. 2 Answers
No negotiation. It was take it or leave it.
Other Interview Reviews for Guitar Center
Assistant Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Tucson, AZ) in January 2010.
Turnover is very high in Guitar Center stores, if you really want to work there just visit and ask to talk to the store manager during day hours. If you are persistent they will hire you. You may also have to join a group interview, which the store manager picks out their candidates visually.
- Why Guitar Center chooses to treat their employees so terribly. Answer Question
Commission on draw is all that is offered, no raises even after being promoted to Assistant Manager, and still on a commission basis.
Assistant Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Danvers, MA) in May 2008.
You apply online, and if you pass the "test", you get an in store interview, and if you pass that interview, you get a second interview. You are pretty much asked integrity questions, quizzed on your knowledge about musical equipment, answer questions about pay and compensation, ask about your future in the business, etc.
- Asked specifics about gear. 1 Answer