Guitar Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

Greeter Interview

Greeter
Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Guitar Center in March 2010.

Interview Details – A friend of mine worked for the company and told me there was an opening for a greeter at the door. I filled out an application and handed it in to the manager on duty. I was called in for a one on one interview with the sales floor manager. I had a total of two interviews. One with the sales floor manager and one with the operations manager. In terms of my experience during the interview with the sales floor manager, I was not happy with the way I was spoken to or with his sexist attitude. He told me that he was reluctant to hire me because I am a female and he didn't want my presence distracting the male employees. I had to remain confident and assertive, telling him that my performance of my job would prove that I would be an asset to the store. My overall take on the store is that it is geared more towards males in terms of employees and customers. Male customers are treated with more enthusiasm and respect. I wouldn't recommend this company to a female worker.

Interview Question – My concern is that, as a female, you will distract my male employees. We have had difficulties in the past with female employees. Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating of pay rates. The only negotiating I had to do was to convince them to hire me even though I am a female.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Guitar Center

Worked for Guitar Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guitar Center Greeter interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Guitar Center employees and interview candidates.