Guitar Center Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Rockville, MD).

Interview

met with the Sales Training Manager who asked me about myself, and then proceeded to ask product knowledge questions. After product knowledge questions, we discussed the wage and commission system (which was poorly explained), and then I had another interview with the store manager with similar questions, geared more toward customer service and my personal background.

Interview Questions

• What are the "standard" drum sizes   1 Answer

General Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

in store interview with store manager after filling out application and seeking employment via telephone. Easy and laid back interview. Talked a lot about sales and sales experience. Fun interview if you know your way about music gear etc.

Guitar Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day, the person on the phone asked me about my musical experience and music education as well, we scheduled a time for the interview and a few days later I did the interview, the interview itself was pretty layback didn't last more than 30 minutes, I played something in my guitar, then talked about myself, Time availability, did some sight reading and that was basically it. The overall experience was really nice it was really 'chill' for a job interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negociate

Guitar Center Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Sat down with the manager and answered questions about my history as a musician. Made my case for why I thought I would make a great employee. Had to go through a mock sales pitch.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

Super relaxed. I was dressed in a suit and tie and could not have felt more dumb about it. They asked me typical gear questions like what I played on and what features I'd point out on a guitar. Then they asked me to pitch a PC (pro coverage) and it was awkward but I got through it. They are more interested in finding a sales associate than a gear head I will tell you that.

Pro Audio Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hallandale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Hallandale, FL).

Interview

Good interview asked many different question and then some odd ones. Told me there was room for advancement and got me excited about the position. Manager bragged about what he was getting paid and where he was at in the company.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if someone wanted to but dj equipment etc   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

Went in for first interview, then was passed up to next interviewer the following week where they described salary, benefits, etc. Then we discussed hours, they wanted part time, I need full time.

Interview Questions

• What I know about guitars.   1 Answer

Pro Audio Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Visalia, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Basically asked me if I could read and write and use a computer. They also wanted to know if I had any customer service experience. The interviewing managers were nothing more than snot nosed brats that looked fresh out of highschool. The store manager looked half stoned all the time. Her tattoos proved that she was a big stoner

AP Trade Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Guitar Center (Westlake Village, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by corporate HR hiring manager who was interested in filling the position quickly. This person asked the usual and general questions. There were no technical questions since they had no accounting background. Only went through the first initial phone screen. After that, if you passed, I suspect they would have proceeded with in person interview at their corporate headquarters.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

it was easy. did an online app and they contacted me in two days for an interview which was easy and one on one. after that i had to do another online app and they called me a few days after that for a job offer

Interview Questions

• three traits that would make you stand out at Guitar Center   Answer Question