Guitar Center Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

I got an interview by walking in to purchase a pack of strings, and asking to speak with the store manager while I was there. I dropped off my resume with him and he got a feel for me which he counted as my first interview. I had one more subsequent interview with the Sales and Training Manager before I was hired on

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There weren't any negotiable options I was able to take advantage of.

PIM Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Guitar Center (Westlake Village, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Extremely Friendly and Professional Human Resource Recruiter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Currently working for the media music group.

Sales Associate In Professional Audio Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guitar Center (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in June 2012.

Interview

Basic interview questions regarding hypothetical job scenarios. What do you want to accomplish. What do you know and what concerns you about the job. Strengths and weaknesses. Online application process will rate your application based on potential.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guitar Center (Westlake Village, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interesting place. I applied online and received an email invitation from an HR rep for a phone interview with her which we scheduled for the next day at 10 am. At 10 am the next day I am waiting by the phone with details of the position in hand so I can discuss it intelligently. No call. After an hour I send an email "sorry I missed your call can we reschedule?", no response, next I call the HR rep and leave a voice mail, still no response. At the end of the day around 5:30ish I get an email from the recruiter apologizing for missing the interview but something came up and could we reschedule for the next day. I responded that would be fine and she could call anytime. Nothing. More emails and phone messages and still nothing. I can understand that people are busy and things come up but the lack of common courtesy and professionalism after missing the second call was very disappointing and could be indicative of how people are treated in this corporation.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

You cannot start as a sales manager right away. You have to start as a sales associate and work your way up to department manager, assistant manager, and then sales manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Your pay is based off of how much you were able to sell in commission as a sales associate.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Pretty basic questions regarding sales and general music knowledge. Mostly attempting to gauge what your personality type is, how personable you are, and your knowledge of music and their gear. Sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a cardiod and and condenser mic?   Answer Question

CRM Manager Interview

Interview

Lengthy interview with many people. Took about 4 hours.

Sales Assocoiate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guitar Center.

Interview

really relaxed and easy. If you know music you will get the job. Also have to be able to work min 20 hours a week.

Negotiation

no negotiating

Sales Associate In Professional Audio Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guitar Center (Brea, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied digitally and then went in for one of the open interviews and bugged the store manager for a few weeks. Black Friday came around and I was brought in as a temp and was hired on full time after a month in Pro Audio.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really a negotiation.

Elite Sales Force Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Guitar Center in August 2010.

Interview

They do group interviews now but I wasn't hired this way though. They have you submit all applications online and even if you use an employee as a reference they will never ask the employee what you think of the possible new hire. All the applications are faxed to the store manager then they call for group interviews. Then they choose who they like and do a second interview and if they like you then they hire you. Typically they hire more enthusiastic people knowledgeable people.

Interview Questions

• They just try to gauge who you are as a person by asking simple questions.   Answer Question