Guitar Center Marketing Manager Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Guitar Center in January 2008.

I was an Assistant Manager at one of the Guitar Center stores when a position opened at corporate for which I was recommended by many people. I was told that the job was mine for the taking - I simply had to jump through the hoops of the interviews. Upon arriving at headquarters, the person interviewing me - who would be my boss - proceeded to immediately start talking down to me and began insulting my store's manager. I could not see myself working for this jackass. Upon returning home, to my amazement jackass called me with an offer - which was half the amount he had initially offered before I flew out for the interview. Worst experience of my life.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you and the rest of your staff suck at promoting our events?   Answer Question

The offer was pathetically low - and my life would have completely sucked working for such a jackass.

Worked for Guitar Center? Contribute to the Community!