Guitar Center

www.guitarcenter.com

Guitar Center Sales Associate In Professional Audio Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Brea, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guitar Center in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied digitally and then went in for one of the open interviews and bugged the store manager for a few weeks. Black Friday came around and I was brought in as a temp and was hired on full time after a month in Pro Audio.

Interview Question – Do you know how to sell?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really a negotiation.

Moosic, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guitar Center in December 2012.

Interview Details – 2 different group interviews. First was with store and operations managers. Second was with sales training manager and assistant managers. Very annoying to only have group interviews and not get a chance to have one on one interactions with the managers. After I was hired, you have a few days of doing paperwork, then a few days of doing computer training before you reach the floor.

Interview Question – Nothing. Very simple interview. Have basic knowledge and don't be a jerk.   Answer Question

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guitar Center in June 2012.

Interview Details – Basic interview questions regarding hypothetical job scenarios. What do you want to accomplish. What do you know and what concerns you about the job. Strengths and weaknesses. Online application process will rate your application based on potential.

Interview Question – Nothing clever or out of the ordinary for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Guitar Center? Contribute to the Community!