Gulfstream Aerospace

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.8

College Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Wasn't too bad, very relaxed and straight forward. Interviewed on campus and received a phone call with the offer two weeks later. Start date was delayed because I couldn't find my high school diploma.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a trick question, wasn't hard. Just to keep me on my toes.   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

I had two interviews starting with a phone screening and then a face to face interview. Overall the process was easy and relaxed. They asked questions about my resume and my future goals. They are a great company and I can't wait to work for them!

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a little.

Technical Data Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2014.

Applied and was interviewed about three weeks later. Interview was with HR associatr and two managers connected with the job. They were veey friendly and made me feel more comfortable despite my nervousness. It was generally in the Critical Behavior style interview. A week and a half later i was notified i was not chosen for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where it was difficult to work with _______. What did you do to overcome that difficulty? What was the outcome?   View Answer
    • Describe something in your past experience that helps you today. How does it help you today?   View Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2014.

I was offered the interview after applying online through my college's career site and then visiting them at the career fair. The interview was the next day on campus. There were three interviewers, all of whom were graduates of my school and had previously co-oped at Gulfstream and now work there. The interview was friendly and the questions were not too difficult. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and liked the candidate to know a lot about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a how you worked on a team and how you were involved with the other team members.   View Answer

Another company was my first choice.

IT Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Recruiter contacted me. Interview was standard asking about background and experience. This is the initial stage before being sent to the hiring manager. Not technical, but recruiters are very knowledgeable of Gulfstream and about the open position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just discuss background in how it pertains to the position.   Answer Question

CollegeMechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

I applied for a summer internship at Gulfstream Aerospace in Long Beach somewhere around late December. Gulfstream was having its online job application system revamped so it took a while until I heard from them. An interview was set up by the HR representative in late March. I was interviewed by the manager and senior lead. Interview started with me giving a brief intro about myself, and then what I knew about Gulfstream. Then followed by generic interview questions like Why Gulfstream? Why should we hire you? What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? Why are you pursuing the degree that you are pursuing in college?

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? Have you worked in a team environment before? If yes, elaborate on the experience.   View Answer
    The intern pay was already set, so I didn't negotiate. Since I was out of state, I was offered corporate housing in a GREAT place by the company for the entire duration of the internship. The internship experience was also awesome. It started slow with practice and tutorials but once I learned some of the design tools used by the company, I started real work. I did pretty much the same work that other entry level engineers did, and so I am proud to say that my designs are actually used on the production aircraft. The work environment was super fun and super supportive. People were super laidback, and welcoming. i looked forward to everyday of work. The internship was an IDEAL internship that any intern would expect to get. I would love to go back to this company at this site.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Applied online, was forwarded to the hiring manager in a little over a week. Two weeks later I was contacted for a phone interview. It was scheduled for a week later. I was told it would be with three people but there was only one person that called me. The manager seemed to be very interested and upbeat at the end of the conversation, but five days later I was denied.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to deal with customers needs versus your own.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in July 2014.

Submitted resume and waited 4 weeks for a response from HR automated system that it was accepted. Received a telephone interview from hiring manager the following week. On-site interview the week after that with the offer coming 2 weeks later. The process was frustrating from both my side and the manager side. There were many times both of us were waiting for HR to respond so that we could move forward with the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe 1 negative thing about yourself.   View Answer
    No negotiation possible for position.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in July 2014.

This was my 53rd job application! I almost gave up on this company. It is incredibly hard to get into as a direct hire. Only after I got hired did I learn of the presence of contractors here. Those positions are much easier to get into..
    Anyways, I applied for this position in February 2014 and my first day was in September 2014. So, yes, it takes a while.
    I was consistently not getting any interviews from them, even though I knew that I was very well qualified for some positions. I had some inside contacts who I nudged to help me get in touch with HR. Nothing really happened. Then, one fine day in May, an HR person emails me inquiring my availability for an entry level engineering positions. Uhm, yes please!
    I breezed through the phone and in person interview and I got the job! The phone interview was with three engineers. This took place in June. I kept up with them, and asked about the next steps and voila! I was invited for an interview in July.
    Two weeks later, I was offered a position. A month later, after drug test and background checks, I started working here!

Interview Questions
    • Most of them are behavioral. Gulfstream is very customer oriented. They emphasize personality, creativity and team player attitude more than your intellect. That being said, I don't think they even bother interviewing candidates without the pertinent experiences/skill sets.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a $1500 raise at this entry level engineering job. I also negotiated my relocation and renters package as a lump sum sign-in bonus of $8000.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savanna, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savanna, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in June 2014.

I was invited to in person interview 2 weeks after initial phone interview. I was flown to savannah and stay in hotel for 1 night. a panel of 2 interview me for 30 min and the hiring manager took about 1 hour to tour the facility and made me feel like they were really interested in me but my gut feeling was telling something else. And I was right! The next day after interview, I noticed the online job status has changed to " no longer considered ". These folks had already gotten their candidate. I was just there to help them comply with their claim of equal opportunity employer. The most disgusting thing in all this is to have a manager bringing you in just for ceremonial purposes.

Interview Questions
    • General behavior questions and why you are the best candidate. No difficult questions.   Answer Question