Gulfstream Aerospace Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

CollegeMechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

I applied for a summer internship at Gulfstream Aerospace in Long Beach somewhere around late December. Gulfstream was having its online job application system revamped so it took a while until I heard from them. An interview was set up by the HR representative in late March. I was interviewed by the manager and senior lead. Interview started with me giving a brief intro about myself, and then what I knew about Gulfstream. Then followed by generic interview questions like Why Gulfstream? Why should we hire you? What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? Why are you pursuing the degree that you are pursuing in college?

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? Have you worked in a team environment before? If yes, elaborate on the experience.   View Answer
    The intern pay was already set, so I didn't negotiate. Since I was out of state, I was offered corporate housing in a GREAT place by the company for the entire duration of the internship. The internship experience was also awesome. It started slow with practice and tutorials but once I learned some of the design tools used by the company, I started real work. I did pretty much the same work that other entry level engineers did, and so I am proud to say that my designs are actually used on the production aircraft. The work environment was super fun and super supportive. People were super laidback, and welcoming. i looked forward to everyday of work. The internship was an IDEAL internship that any intern would expect to get. I would love to go back to this company at this site.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Applied online, was forwarded to the hiring manager in a little over a week. Two weeks later I was contacted for a phone interview. It was scheduled for a week later. I was told it would be with three people but there was only one person that called me. The manager seemed to be very interested and upbeat at the end of the conversation, but five days later I was denied.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to deal with customers needs versus your own.   Answer Question

Aircraft Technician I Repair Station Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in June 2014.

Applied online and about 3 weeks got a call for a interview on June 18, 2014. I was interviewed by two people both of them were professional and laid back during the interview. Its been about a month since then and haven't heard anything back from it.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions such as why you want to work there and info about your work experience.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Savanna, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Savanna, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in June 2014.

I was invited to in person interview 2 weeks after initial phone interview. I was flown to savannah and stay in hotel for 1 night. a panel of 2 interview me for 30 min and the hiring manager took about 1 hour to tour the facility and made me feel like they were really interested in me but my gut feeling was telling something else. And I was right! The next day after interview, I noticed the online job status has changed to " no longer considered ". These folks had already gotten their candidate. I was just there to help them comply with their claim of equal opportunity employer. The most disgusting thing in all this is to have a manager bringing you in just for ceremonial purposes.

Interview Questions
    • General behavior questions and why you are the best candidate. No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Data Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in July 2010.

Hiring is bias based on who you know and who you are related to. Often they already have someone chosen for the job and you are just meeting their requirements for interviews. Don't feel bad if you don't get hired.

Interview Questions
    • Gulfstream uses the latest unimaginative interviewing techniques from a book.   View Answer
    Get as much money as possible when you agree to employment or you will be screwed later.

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

First you get a call from HR to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager, if passed, then you go on site and interview with a panel of a few employees who would ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult and I did not experience targeted selection/behavioral interviews.   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in May 2014.

The interview process is relatively progressive when it comes to communication. I applied in February of 2014 for an open intern position. I received an email in late April explaining that my resume was sent to a hiring manager. About a week and a half later, in the beginning of May, I received a phone call to set up a phone interview.

The interview went rather smoothly. I know a lot of history about the company and have a deep understanding of the organizational culture. This is a very prestigious organization and the place I truly wish to establish my career, so you can imagine my anxiety and nervousness when the phone rang. However, preparation helped to maneuver the interview into a comfortable place.

I first received an email from the career center that the hiring manager was reviewing the results of the interviews. The very next afternoon I received a call from HR that they had an offer. I really appreciate their communication process because, being an interviewee, it is crucial and helps to curb anxiousness.

Interview Questions
    • I was well prepared, but I struggle with "Tell me about yourself." Understand that this questions usually catches people off guard, so have a 90 second speech ready!   View Answer

Specialist Senior Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in March 2011.

There were 2 phone interviews. The first was with the manager, then with members of the team. Both were resume reviews. Next, they flew me in for a presentation/face to face interview/fit interview. Team fit was very important. The team is full of talented people, and there is no room for drama as there is a lot of work to be done in a schedule driven environment. Then I was allowed to spend a two days exploring the area. I went home and about 1 week later an acceptable offer was made. The rest is history

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions asked. The most important thing is to engage and participate in the questioning process. Remember, fit is key to a successful interview. Engage, but don't be overbearing. If there were a difficult question, it would be, "Why should we select you to join our team?"   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase for me. I was told that I was being brought in at mid-range. They did, however, pay for all of my relocation.

ERP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in January 2014.

Applied online and received initial HR screening call at about the two week mark. I completed the first Hiring manager call two days later and received an invite for onsite interview three days later. As a candidate, it was a great experience. While I live within only a few hours drive to their city, my wife and I were offered airfare, rental car, a full weekend hotel stay, and if needed a pre-set appointment with a local real estate agent.
    Rather than a full panel interview, there were 4 different director & mgmt. level staff that conducted separate interviews over a 4 hour period. Questions ranged from general knowledge level of company and aerospace industry, manufacturing processes within aerospace manufacturing environment, and then the detail drill down into ERP (SAP) systems, workflows, and best practices.
    The environment was not intimidating at all and they all seemed like great people to work with or for.
    Usual promise of personal call to let you know one way or another about your results with the interview but that did not ever come. Three weeks later a HR career system form letter email comes through that the opening has been cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled working with a member of management (not your own manager) that you have a personality conflict with?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2012.

Worked as a Co-Op for three rotations and then participated in a brief interview with my Manager prior to returning to school. Phone interview was held during my last semester at School.

Interview Questions
    • What are your biggest strengths personally and professionally?   Answer Question

Worked for Gulfstream Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!