Gulfstream Aerospace Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.9

Materials Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

The company wanted specific details on the ability to perform job. Interview was a challenge and I suggest you have documented measures of success prior to the formal interview. The interview was conducted by a panel of employees with support from the human resource department. They did not focus on traditional questions like what are your weaknesses or strengths.

Interview Questions
    • How did you implement lean manufacturing in a project and what were the results?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

The hiring manager interviewed me over phone for 45 minutes. The questions were very straight forward about my co-op experience and academics. I was also quizzed with routine behavioural questions like Why do you want to work in Gulfstream, tell me about yourself etc.

Inventory Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in March 2015.

Applied on a Friday after the job was posted on a Thursday. Was called the next week for an interview the follwoing week. This went much quicker than usual as most jobs are up much longer and gain more candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time you went above and beyond for a customer request.   View Answer
    • Are you good with computer programs?   View Answer
    • Name a time you were asked to do something that was against safety or security regulations. What did you do and how did they respond?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Applied for the position through school's career development department, then spoke to the representatives at the campus career fair. I was then contacted a few days later by email asking when I would be available for an on campus interview. The interview was pretty laid back and the questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to work in a team and what challenges your team overcame.   Answer Question

Summer R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in February 2015.

On campus career fair -> interview -> online app -> "forwarded to hiring manager" -> phone interview -> (now).
    Fairly laid back interview(first)
    mainly behavioural questions.
    asked a lot about resume

phone interview
    -asked all about resume
    -several people on phone

HRG Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Standard Telephone followed by in-person interview. Standard behavioral questions. Questions are really based upon the position and hiring manager. Not a difficult or unusual process. The processes may vary by geographic location. With Savannah, GA being the HDQ, the remote locations are a bit more focused.

You're able to counter.

College Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Wasn't too bad, very relaxed and straight forward. Interviewed on campus and received a phone call with the offer two weeks later. Start date was delayed because I couldn't find my high school diploma.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a trick question, wasn't hard. Just to keep me on my toes.   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

I had two interviews starting with a phone screening and then a face to face interview. Overall the process was easy and relaxed. They asked questions about my resume and my future goals. They are a great company and I can't wait to work for them!

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a little.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2014.

I was offered the interview after applying online through my college's career site and then visiting them at the career fair. The interview was the next day on campus. There were three interviewers, all of whom were graduates of my school and had previously co-oped at Gulfstream and now work there. The interview was friendly and the questions were not too difficult. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and liked the candidate to know a lot about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a how you worked on a team and how you were involved with the other team members.   View Answer

Another company was my first choice.

Spring Co-Op Aeronautical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2014.

The interview was held after a fall career fair in which I presented them my resume and received a call from them that afternoon. The interview was formal; however, the recruiters were very personable and friendly. I felt as if they just wanted to have a decent conversation. The interview started of course with a "Tell us about yourself," and although it sounds easy, be prepared to give a story of how you became eligible to sit in front of them. Other questions ranged from the basic "What classes are you in" to the unexpected, "Tell us how you view a good work day." I really formed a connection with these recruiters and left feeling confident but understood that my sophomore level would make it hard for them to take me.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example in which you failed at project and how did you fix it the next time.   View Answer