Gulfstream Aerospace Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.8

Technical Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview

I went to HR and HR escorted me to hiring manager/interview room. There were 3 out of the 5 people in the interview room. Gulfstream does panel interviews fairly often. After the interview I was given a tour of the facility then escorted out.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace (Savannah, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was over resume and how skills applied to the position. Very basic. Flown out for in person with 2 managers and 2 leads for open conversation interview. Simple questions again.

Interview Questions

• How do you break the ice with new teams/coworkers? How do you handle changes with working with customers?   Answer Question

Industry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace (Savannah, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Waited about two weeks then had a 40 minute interview phone interview with two employees. One who would be my immediate supervisor and the other was in HR. Overall easy interview, no behavioral questions, but because it was an analyst position, a lot of question were asked regarding my previous experience that was in any way relevant to the job. They asked a lot of questions regarding my resume and cover letter so make sure you do a great job relating your experience to the job your applying for.

Interview Questions

• Because it was an Analyst position, a lot of question were asked regarding my previous experience that was in any way relevant to the job. What drew you to this position? What characteristics do you think makes Gulfstream successful on an international level? Tell us what you know about our newest jet. (I knew nothing other than name) Explain what exactly you did at _______? Why did you choose your major? Why did you choose to go to school at _____?   Answer Question

Had another local job offer that was more suitable at the time even though Gulfstream had better experience.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savanna, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace (Savanna, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Gulfstream's career website which is very efficient and up to date on the application process steps. This was my 93rd application in the past few years and I had almost given up on this awesome company. Applied on May 19th - forwarded to hiring manager June - recruiter called June 16th and scheduled phone interview June 23rd - in person interview scheduled June 25th - offer extended June 29th. This was by far the fastest interview process in my experience and I'm extremely grateful to have received an offer !!

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Why do you want to work here ? What feedback did you get from previous job ? What is the importance of internal/external customer relationship, how would you maintain a great relationship? Be prepared to go through the details of your resume including technical aspects.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate if possible. I was too excited and happy to accept the offer.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace (Savannah, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long. Patience is important. The online job management was helpful. It is very by the book in terms of the hiring process. I found that applying to every position I was qualified for helped. I sent in 22 applications and received 2 interviews and got and offer

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions were technical   1 Answer

Communications Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

Interview

Three easy phone interviews led to a more rigorous onsite presentation to senior managers and vetting by peers. Everyone was more than professional, even pleasant. The particular department manager I met with was quite dour and intimidating but still professional. Personally I do not like the presentation format for an interview as the topics given really narrow the focus of discussion but that's what they asked for. If I really wanted the job, I should've spent more time researching successful presentations of this type. I treated the entire experience as a practice interview/exercise as I had no intentions of moving to Savannah, GA, as lovely as it is.

Interview Questions

• Did you find it more difficult to prepare for this presentation or to present it live?   1 Answer

Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace (Savannah, GA).

Interview

I applied online after searching six sigma positions. I then waited several weeks before I was given a call offering up an interview. I drove down, and was reimbursed for mileage and per diem for the days I was down here. It was a 3 person panel interview, had a list of standard questions that they asked round robin style. Then was given a tour of the facility. A few weeks later I was given a call offering the position. I was happy with the salary, but asked for more vacation, which was turned down. I still accepted.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you inherited a project that was late to get it back on track?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is most important when working on projects?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview

The process started with an online app immediately after posting. A month later my status changed to Hiring Manager. Almost two weeks after the status change I got a call from a recruiter to schedule an in person interview which was two weeks out. I didn't have a phone screening which I thought was pretty weird. At the interview you have to arrive early to check-in with security. The hiring manager came out to escort me back to where we were to meet. The interview went well and I was told that there were other candidates to interview, one of them being an internal candidate. Two days later my candidacy status changed to Not Selected. Most likely the internal candidate got a promotion because I was told the other individuals credentials weren't looking to promising. Sooo.. back to the drawing board. Hopefully I can find a similar career opportunity with Gulfstream.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace (Clemson, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview as I was too distant for a in-person interview. Interview was conducted by a panel of individuals from several departments. Questions were very general with almost no particular knowledge tested. Very easy.

Materials Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview

The company wanted specific details on the ability to perform job. Interview was a challenge and I suggest you have documented measures of success prior to the formal interview. The interview was conducted by a panel of employees with support from the human resource department. They did not focus on traditional questions like what are your weaknesses or strengths.

Interview Questions

• How did you implement lean manufacturing in a project and what were the results?   Answer Question