Gulfstream Aerospace

62 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in January 2007.

Interview Details – Applied online, phone interview withHR, interview with department manager, then interviewed w/dept mgr and senior manager. Pretty detailed interview.

Interview Question – Questions are based on job description,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You offer will be based on the salary grade/range for that position. Negotiations are difficult to none.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Senior Technical Writer
Savannah, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in March 2010.

Interview Details – None!! No one even called me on the phone.

Interview Question – Where are you from   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing

Technical Specialist I Interview

Technical Specialist I

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2008.

Interview Details – First conducted a phone interview. Only HR person at this stage asking preliminary questions about your skills, and asking you questions that the hiring manager prepared before. Basically going over resume.

Then, was invited for the plant tour, where i had one-on-one interview with the hiring manager and two potential leads. Here, some technical questions come up, about the job, and they try to understand if your previous work experience matches what they are looking for. Also some soft skills are tested. A plant tour is given, and then got the job offer two weeks after.

Interview Question – why do you want to work for Gulfstream, rather than Boeing or other airframe manufacturers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't given too much room to negotiate other than the start date. (started 4 months after the job offer)

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in August 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring Process was longer than the normal as listed on their website. Had a phone interview with 3 people and was interviewed a month later by the same three people.

Interview Question – Sell yourself for this job.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Manufacturing Engineer I
Pooler, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied at the end of October and received a call for a phone interview two weeks later. During the phone interview the hiring manager was interested in my school curricula, senior project, and general engineering knowledge. The next day I received a phone call from HR about setting up an in person interview. The group/panel interview asked mainly the same questions and was curious about my leadership/problem solving abilities. After the interview a tour of the main facilities was given. Around 4 weeks after panel interview a job offer was extended by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – How would you handle two assignments at once with only enough time to finish one?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since this was an entry level position at a very competitive local company it was not recommended to negotiate wages as they're already very competitive.

Service Coordinator Interview

Service Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had applied for this position through the company portal, which was vry easy to use. I was contacted via email that my application was first "Under Review" and then again when it was forwarded to the hiring Manager. I recieved a call to set up the interview by HR. On the day of the interview, everything went as expected. I was greated by HR and a panel of three interviewers. The position was a bit of a stretch for my qualifications, but they were very savvy and direct with the questions. The phone interview lasted 1 hour and HR concluded the interview as expected. A week had passed and I didn't hear from them. I called to check status and the HR person notified me that I was one of the finalists for the position. I waited 6 more days and contacted them again. I had not been selected for the position. It was a disappointment, but they were very straight forward and easy to tak to. HR finish our conversation with a good portion of reassurance and ego stroking. This shows concern and understanding of the applicant, which I think reflects ositively on them. I will apply for another position with Gulfstream when a suitable position opens.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry/frustrated customer?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Savannah, GA

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was a 1hr phone interview where I was expected to remember most of the terms in the PEMBOK.

Interview Questions

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in February 2012.

Interview Details – Flew down for interview thought four three person panels and two one-on-one interviews went very well. Lots of what would you do in this situation type questions. Tour of facility. Prepare proposal on hypo fact pattern. All in all tedious but doable and expected. What was most disappointing was the Gulfstream recruiter assigned post-interview who failed to respond for weeks despite one phone call and two emails (reasonably spaced and inquiring,as to website) The after-interview experience was disappointing and poor form rather than professional and straight-forward that I would have expected from such a prestigious company. I really thought it went well and was disappointed didn't get offer. But was made much more so by the lack of communication from point person.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with time restrictions when deadlines for many projects all will not be met?   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with higher up who refuses to be reasonable?   Answer Question

Interior Designer Level I Interview

Interior Designer Level I
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed for the Dallas location in May 2012. Initially contacted by the HR Manager to set up a phone interview with the Design Manager. When the Design Manager called, I was supposed to be speaking with a panel of two other interviewers, but they were unavailable so the interview proceeded one-on-one with the manager. She asked me basic questions regarding my background and resume. Upon successful completion of the phone interview, she let me know that they would call me to ask me to come up to Dallas for a panel interview. She did warn me that it would take a while to be in contact, because they were shorthanded and busy, most likely I'd hear back in 3 weeks.

After the three weeks, HR called me back and asked me to come for a panel interview. This interview consisted of a 5 person panel, consisting of the Design Manager, HR Manager, Designer, and Sales Execs. I was asked a round of questions by each person, mostly behavioral or specific job questions and the interview lasted an hour. After this interview, I was told if I were selected for the final pool I'd be contacted promptly for the final interview.

After a week, I was contacted again and was told I would now speak with the Director of Design. I arrived for my final interview and was surprised that I was met with another panel interview, only this time including the Director. Questions were similar to the last interview, but the Director asked more general questions towards the end.

Overall, the interview process was a great learning experience. As an entry level designer, I gained many lessons from the panel interview questions and learned a lot about this reputable company. They are known as one of the best in the industry and it seemed like the employees genuinely enjoy working there.

Cons about the process -My final interview was the first week of June 2012 and I was not contacted back about the hiring decision for three weeks. I made weekly phone calls and emails to HR and the Design Manager in regards to the position, as I felt that I deserved the courtesy of whether I was chosen or not. Finally after four weeks, (July 2012) the Design Manager called me back to let me know I was not chosen, but she was polite and gave me some positive criticism. Another note, I had to travel to Dallas for the interviews, twice, and was told that my mileage would be reimbursed. After my final interview, they were able to reimburse me for one trip, but did not have enough petty cash for my second. They promised that they would send a check in the mail for the rest of my reimbursement. When I brought this to the Design Manager's attention over our phone call, she assured me that they were working on it and that she spoke to accounting and I should receive it soon. It's been 3 weeks since that phone call, and I still haven't received the remaining check.

Interview Question – Have you ever made a decision where the outcome didn't turn out the way you expected? If so, what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Senior Tax Consultant Interview

Senior Tax Consultant
Savannah, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in July 2012.

Interview Details – First did a phone interview and then got invited to interview on-site in Savannah, GA. Once in GA, I did three one-on-one interviews and one two-panel interview. After the interviews, I was taken out to lunch by other members of the department. The overall group was very friendly and professional and gave a lot of insight into the position, Gulfstream, and Savannah. The reason I was not extended an offer was that I was told that 'the chemistry' wasn't there, but I am still confused by that statement. I thought I got along well with everyone and my skill set matched what they were looking for. I did have a tough interview with the most senior position over the group and his interview questions were geared toward learning all the negative things about me, and by the end of that session, I felt very defeated. I put a positive spin to my answers, but it seemed he didn't want me there and didn't feel that I had any business interviewing for the position. I'll admit the chemistry there was definately off. However, everyone else I met, I felt a positive connection with. The total interview process has spanned the better part of two months. I am very disappointed in their decision and I wish I had more concrete feedback or examples on why they thought I wouldn't fit in well.

Interview Question – On your last evaluation, tell me what your manager put down as one of your weaknesses.   View Answer

Worked for Gulfstream Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!