Gulfstream Aerospace

Updated Dec 29, 2014
Updated Dec 29, 2014

2.8

HRG Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Standard Telephone followed by in-person interview. Standard behavioral questions. Questions are really based upon the position and hiring manager. Not a difficult or unusual process. The processes may vary by geographic location. With Savannah, GA being the HDQ, the remote locations are a bit more focused.

You're able to counter.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in July 2014.

Submitted resume and waited 4 weeks for a response from HR automated system that it was accepted. Received a telephone interview from hiring manager the following week. On-site interview the week after that with the offer coming 2 weeks later. The process was frustrating from both my side and the manager side. There were many times both of us were waiting for HR to respond so that we could move forward with the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe 1 negative thing about yourself.   View Answer
    No negotiation possible for position.

College Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Wasn't too bad, very relaxed and straight forward. Interviewed on campus and received a phone call with the offer two weeks later. Start date was delayed because I couldn't find my high school diploma.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a trick question, wasn't hard. Just to keep me on my toes.   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

I had two interviews starting with a phone screening and then a face to face interview. Overall the process was easy and relaxed. They asked questions about my resume and my future goals. They are a great company and I can't wait to work for them!

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a little.

Senior Avionics Installer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in January 2011.

Interview Process was not difficult because our supervisor and manager asked me some key questions about my job and then knew righ away that i was good for the job.I was the first avioncs installer hired for the program and it eventually evolved from a one aircraft operation to 8 aircraft and many contractors.

Interview Questions
    i was hired with my wife ,who is also a Sr.Installer and we both got to work on the same shift.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2014.

I was offered the interview after applying online through my college's career site and then visiting them at the career fair. The interview was the next day on campus. There were three interviewers, all of whom were graduates of my school and had previously co-oped at Gulfstream and now work there. The interview was friendly and the questions were not too difficult. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and liked the candidate to know a lot about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a how you worked on a team and how you were involved with the other team members.   View Answer

Another company was my first choice.

Technical Data Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2014.

Applied and was interviewed about three weeks later. Interview was with HR associatr and two managers connected with the job. They were veey friendly and made me feel more comfortable despite my nervousness. It was generally in the Critical Behavior style interview. A week and a half later i was notified i was not chosen for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where it was difficult to work with _______. What did you do to overcome that difficulty? What was the outcome?   View Answer
    • Describe something in your past experience that helps you today. How does it help you today?   View Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in February 2014.

What have you done? Are you enthusiastic? Are you willing to relocate? When can you start? What is the dress code? What are the hours? What have you done? Are you enthusiastic? Are you willing to relocate? When can you start? What is the dress code? What are the hours?

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in July 2014.

This was my 53rd job application! I almost gave up on this company. It is incredibly hard to get into as a direct hire. Only after I got hired did I learn of the presence of contractors here. Those positions are much easier to get into..
    Anyways, I applied for this position in February 2014 and my first day was in September 2014. So, yes, it takes a while.
    I was consistently not getting any interviews from them, even though I knew that I was very well qualified for some positions. I had some inside contacts who I nudged to help me get in touch with HR. Nothing really happened. Then, one fine day in May, an HR person emails me inquiring my availability for an entry level engineering positions. Uhm, yes please!
    I breezed through the phone and in person interview and I got the job! The phone interview was with three engineers. This took place in June. I kept up with them, and asked about the next steps and voila! I was invited for an interview in July.
    Two weeks later, I was offered a position. A month later, after drug test and background checks, I started working here!

Interview Questions
    • Most of them are behavioral. Gulfstream is very customer oriented. They emphasize personality, creativity and team player attitude more than your intellect. That being said, I don't think they even bother interviewing candidates without the pertinent experiences/skill sets.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a $1500 raise at this entry level engineering job. I also negotiated my relocation and renters package as a lump sum sign-in bonus of $8000.

IT Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Recruiter contacted me. Interview was standard asking about background and experience. This is the initial stage before being sent to the hiring manager. Not technical, but recruiters are very knowledgeable of Gulfstream and about the open position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just discuss background in how it pertains to the position.   Answer Question