Gulfstream Aerospace Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.9

Coop Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

I was invited to interview after speaking with a recruiter at an info session. The interview was very conversational. No difficult questions and they were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

I got the interview from talking to them at a job fair. The interview was very relaxed and informal. It was more of a conversation about why I wanted the job and any questions I had. They talked a lot about the company environment and what a college co-op would do.

Intern Interview

I applied in November, HEard back in January and am awaiting a phone interview.

Avionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in February 2014.

Applied for job online Dec 17th 2013. Received interview offer Jan 24th 2014. Job interview at Gulfstream location in Savannah, GA on Feb 4th 2014.

Job interview was very relaxed with panel of 2 employees. Quite straightforward interview with typical questions regarding job position. Nothing unexpected.

Still awaiting offer. (Post being written 1 day after interview.)

*Update* Received job offer today. Feb 25th 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were expected and revolved around job duties and how you would react/perform in certain situations. Received curve ball question of, "Why should we NOT hire you?".   Answer Question

CAD/PLM Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in February 2014.

Applied online, got an email from the hiring manager, and took a phone interview with a panel of members on the CAD/PLM team. Went over the resume in detail, received the requisite "Why Gulfstream" question, got asked when I'd be available to work, is there going to be anything keeping me from working there over the summer, etc. Discussed how CAD software was used at the company, and how important it was. Everyone was very friendly and pleasant to talk to, and it was a confidence-boosting experience.

Interview Questions
    • Thankfully, I was well-prepared, so none of the questions were particularly difficult.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in February 2014.

What have you done? Are you enthusiastic? Are you willing to relocate? When can you start? What is the dress code? What are the hours? What have you done? Are you enthusiastic? Are you willing to relocate? When can you start? What is the dress code? What are the hours?

ERP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in January 2014.

Applied online and received initial HR screening call at about the two week mark. I completed the first Hiring manager call two days later and received an invite for onsite interview three days later. As a candidate, it was a great experience. While I live within only a few hours drive to their city, my wife and I were offered airfare, rental car, a full weekend hotel stay, and if needed a pre-set appointment with a local real estate agent.
    Rather than a full panel interview, there were 4 different director & mgmt. level staff that conducted separate interviews over a 4 hour period. Questions ranged from general knowledge level of company and aerospace industry, manufacturing processes within aerospace manufacturing environment, and then the detail drill down into ERP (SAP) systems, workflows, and best practices.
    The environment was not intimidating at all and they all seemed like great people to work with or for.
    Usual promise of personal call to let you know one way or another about your results with the interview but that did not ever come. Three weeks later a HR career system form letter email comes through that the opening has been cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled working with a member of management (not your own manager) that you have a personality conflict with?   View Answer

Industrial Engineer II Interview

They were going through the motions. They already had the candidate they wanted and they probably attended Penn State. Nepotism abounds!

Coop Engineer Interview

Interview was about basic things such as what school I went to, major and gpa, what I do as hobbies, and sample questions about engineering in general. Overall, the interview process was not really stressful and also they replied back in a reasonable time although I did not get the job.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in October 2013.

I submitted my resume to them in a career fair on campus and I got a call from them the same day to meet for a 30-minute interview on campus next morning. They asked me if I had any questions for them, but unfortunately I didn't have too many as a result my interview lasted for less time. They were very friendly interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell us about a project you failed in and how you fixed it.
      2. What will you contribute towards gulfstream?
      3. What is the main reason you chose gulfstream over other companies?
      4. Tell us about yourself.
      5. Do you have any questions for us?
      (these are the top questions I remember, others were simple or different versions of the questions I mentioned above).
        View Answer