Gulfstream Aerospace

60 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

CAD/PLM Intern Interview

CAD/PLM Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email from the hiring manager, and took a phone interview with a panel of members on the CAD/PLM team. Went over the resume in detail, received the requisite "Why Gulfstream" question, got asked when I'd be available to work, is there going to be anything keeping me from working there over the summer, etc. Discussed how CAD software was used at the company, and how important it was. Everyone was very friendly and pleasant to talk to, and it was a confidence-boosting experience.

Interview Question – Thankfully, I was well-prepared, so none of the questions were particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Engineer Co-Op
West Lafayette, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview Details – I got the interview from talking to them at a job fair. The interview was very relaxed and informal. It was more of a conversation about why I wanted the job and any questions I had. They talked a lot about the company environment and what a college co-op would do.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace

Interview Details – I applied in November, HEard back in January and am awaiting a phone interview.

Interview Question – I am still waiting for my interview.   Answer Question

Avionics Technician Interview

Avionics Technician
Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for job online Dec 17th 2013. Received interview offer Jan 24th 2014. Job interview at Gulfstream location in Savannah, GA on Feb 4th 2014.

Job interview was very relaxed with panel of 2 employees. Quite straightforward interview with typical questions regarding job position. Nothing unexpected.

Still awaiting offer. (Post being written 1 day after interview.)

*Update* Received job offer today. Feb 25th 2014.

Interview Question – Most questions were expected and revolved around job duties and how you would react/perform in certain situations. Received curve ball question of, "Why should we NOT hire you?".   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through their career website. Got a phone call about two weeks later for an on-site interview at Long Beach, CA. Interview questions can be split in to two kinds, technical and typical questions. Given that I have no previous work experience, they focus on my senior project (very detailed), and other questions are the ones that you will find by Google "top interview questions".

Interview Question – The process was not hard, anyone with a good preparation shouldn't have any difficulties aced it.   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in August 2013.

Interview Details – Flew me out twice, stayed in one nice hotel, the second I was up all night due to noise.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer II Interview

Industrial Engineer II

Interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace

Interview Details – They were going through the motions. They already had the candidate they wanted and they probably attended Penn State. Nepotism abounds!

Interview Question – Describe your dream job.   Answer Question

Coop Engineer Interview

Coop Engineer

Interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace

Interview Details – Interview was about basic things such as what school I went to, major and gpa, what I do as hobbies, and sample questions about engineering in general. Overall, the interview process was not really stressful and also they replied back in a reasonable time although I did not get the job.

Interview Question – What did I do in my free time?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in October 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume to them in a career fair on campus and I got a call from them the same day to meet for a 30-minute interview on campus next morning. They asked me if I had any questions for them, but unfortunately I didn't have too many as a result my interview lasted for less time. They were very friendly interviewers.

Interview Question – 1. Tell us about a project you failed in and how you fixed it.
2. What will you contribute towards gulfstream?
3. What is the main reason you chose gulfstream over other companies?
4. Tell us about yourself.
5. Do you have any questions for us?
(these are the top questions I remember, others were simple or different versions of the questions I mentioned above).
  View Answer

Tool Design Eng I Interview

Tool Design Eng I
Savannah, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied to Gulfstream in early September. Had an interview with them in early October. Since it was an entry level position they were situation-based questions. I found out through the candidate portal my status on the job. Did not receive an email about not getting the job, despite being told that I would receive an email either way.

Interview Question – One question they asked was "Describe a time in which someone told you information you weren't suppose to know and how did you handle it?"   Answer Question