Gulfstream Aerospace

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Buyer Interview

Senior Buyer
Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in October 2013.

Interview Details – It took over two months before I received a call for an interview. Although the "What to Expect" states that you get an email if you are not chosen. I did not get one at all.

Interview Question – For the first time in my career, I was actually asked the salary question. When I tried to evade it with a non-committal response, I was asked how much was my starting/ending salary at my present position.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in November 2012.

Interview Details – There was one interview and the interviewees were very pleasant.

Interview Question – None. Many of the questions were behavioral which was expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Aircraft Technician I Interview

Aircraft Technician I

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2013.

Interview Details – Took a little time to get the face to face interview, but worth it. The website tells you exactly how things go. Standard BBQ questions. Most questions were about pasted experiences, so easily answered. Two panel interview and they told exactly how long before they would contact me-good or bad and how. A LOT of good information thrown my way about the company, job and benefits.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when...something from ten years ago.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Manager - Interview

Senior Manager -

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview Details – Senior Management role at a non-US Service Centre

Interview Question – Interview was conducted - initially - by asking pre-composed questions probably not written by the interviewer. These can be very dry, sound insincere and lack relevance - in my opinion. Therefore I find these questions difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple and starightforward and I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary. Unfortunately when I arrived in post the incumbent was leaving very quickly and I only got a 4 day handover which was unexpected and added to the stress and complexity of starting a new job.

Industrial Engineer II Interview

Industrial Engineer II

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview Details – Hr called me and confirm a time to have an interview with a technical person in IT department. One day after that, I was in the second round, I talked to another technical person in IE department

Interview Question – The first interview went over my resume. The second interview asked many behavior questions   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Mechanical Engineering

I applied online and interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview Details – Applied on line. Was contacted by an internal recruiter after about two weeks who asked several easy general questions about experience and background. A telephone interview was then set up which then never happened. There has been no contact and no explanation from the recruiter at all recruiter since that happened.

College Intern Interview

College Intern
Savannah, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview with 4 guys on the other line. Each took a turn asking a different question related to my experience in other jobs as well as extracurricular s in college. They wanted to know how I could apply the skills i've gained thus far. As many know who are in the job market today most employers are interested in the "What can you do for me, TODAY." There is a lot of opportunity for people at Gulfstream, but it is a great company with a great culture.

Interview Question – What direct experience are you bringing to the table if you starting working at Gulfstream?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, base hourly at $16

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Interview Details – I applied online through the website and a month later I received a call to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was straight forward about my resume. Three weeks after the phone interview I got a call for an in-person interview. They flew me out for the weekend so I could get a feel of the area and interview on a Monday morning. In-person interview was a panel of three and mostly technical questions. Two weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked. Mostly average technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate because the offer was higher than expected and I was not in a position to risk losing the offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Senior Technical Writer
Savannah, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in March 2010.

Interview Details – None!! No one even called me on the phone.

Interview Question – Where are you from   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Engineering Co-Op
Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in March 2013.

Interview Details – I found the co-op opportunity through my school's career services website. HR contacted me via SMS (a first for me) and scheduled an on-campus interview. Two employees were there to interview me, one a full-time engineer and the other a co-op student.

Questions were basic and mostly consisted of going through my resume and asking me about my academics and extracurricular activities. Very standard and they were easy to talk to.

A couple weeks later I received an offer via e-mail and was given a few days to accept! Overall a great experience and one of the easier interviews I've had.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to take a leadership role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It's a student co-op position, after all.