Gulfstream Aerospace

Updated Dec 29, 2014

2.8

ERP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in January 2014.

Applied online and received initial HR screening call at about the two week mark. I completed the first Hiring manager call two days later and received an invite for onsite interview three days later. As a candidate, it was a great experience. While I live within only a few hours drive to their city, my wife and I were offered airfare, rental car, a full weekend hotel stay, and if needed a pre-set appointment with a local real estate agent.
    Rather than a full panel interview, there were 4 different director & mgmt. level staff that conducted separate interviews over a 4 hour period. Questions ranged from general knowledge level of company and aerospace industry, manufacturing processes within aerospace manufacturing environment, and then the detail drill down into ERP (SAP) systems, workflows, and best practices.
    The environment was not intimidating at all and they all seemed like great people to work with or for.
    Usual promise of personal call to let you know one way or another about your results with the interview but that did not ever come. Three weeks later a HR career system form letter email comes through that the opening has been cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled working with a member of management (not your own manager) that you have a personality conflict with?   View Answer

Industrial Engineer II Interview

They were going through the motions. They already had the candidate they wanted and they probably attended Penn State. Nepotism abounds!

Coop Engineer Interview

Interview was about basic things such as what school I went to, major and gpa, what I do as hobbies, and sample questions about engineering in general. Overall, the interview process was not really stressful and also they replied back in a reasonable time although I did not get the job.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in October 2013.

I submitted my resume to them in a career fair on campus and I got a call from them the same day to meet for a 30-minute interview on campus next morning. They asked me if I had any questions for them, but unfortunately I didn't have too many as a result my interview lasted for less time. They were very friendly interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell us about a project you failed in and how you fixed it.
      2. What will you contribute towards gulfstream?
      3. What is the main reason you chose gulfstream over other companies?
      4. Tell us about yourself.
      5. Do you have any questions for us?
      (these are the top questions I remember, others were simple or different versions of the questions I mentioned above).

View Answer

Tool Design Eng I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in October 2013.

Applied to Gulfstream in early September. Had an interview with them in early October. Since it was an entry level position they were situation-based questions. I found out through the candidate portal my status on the job. Did not receive an email about not getting the job, despite being told that I would receive an email either way.

Interview Questions
    • One question they asked was "Describe a time in which someone told you information you weren't suppose to know and how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in October 2013.

It took over two months before I received a call for an interview. Although the "What to Expect" states that you get an email if you are not chosen. I did not get one at all.

Interview Questions
    • For the first time in my career, I was actually asked the salary question. When I tried to evade it with a non-committal response, I was asked how much was my starting/ending salary at my present position.   Answer Question

Senior Manager - Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Senior Management role at a non-US Service Centre

Interview Questions
    • Interview was conducted - initially - by asking pre-composed questions probably not written by the interviewer. These can be very dry, sound insincere and lack relevance - in my opinion. Therefore I find these questions difficult.   Answer Question
    Simple and starightforward and I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary. Unfortunately when I arrived in post the incumbent was leaving very quickly and I only got a 4 day handover which was unexpected and added to the stress and complexity of starting a new job.

Industrial Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Hr called me and confirm a time to have an interview with a technical person in IT department. One day after that, I was in the second round, I talked to another technical person in IE department

Interview Questions
    • The first interview went over my resume. The second interview asked many behavior questions   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace.

Applied on line. Was contacted by an internal recruiter after about two weeks who asked several easy general questions about experience and background. A telephone interview was then set up which then never happened. There has been no contact and no explanation from the recruiter at all recruiter since that happened.

Aircraft Technician I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Gulfstream Aerospace in September 2013.

Took a little time to get the face to face interview, but worth it. The website tells you exactly how things go. Standard BBQ questions. Most questions were about pasted experiences, so easily answered. Two panel interview and they told exactly how long before they would contact me-good or bad and how. A LOT of good information thrown my way about the company, job and benefits.