Gunlocke

Relevance Date Difficulty

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gunlocke in October 2008.

Interview Details – It was a fiasco, since unbeknownst to me, they were changing all the people at the top. I interview with 3 people, none of whom were with the company when I began working there. I had to call HR to be sure I got selling info.

Interview Question – What will be the challenges due to working independently out of your home? Convincing them that I really had problems with working too much and references to prove it without sounding like I was selling something untrue.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was rocky since the individuals changed and records were spotty about my previous interviews due to high level turnover and disarray. I kept notes of each interview, summarized the meeting in my thank you notes. Both of of these steps proved wise and helpful to the company as well as me. It built trust from the beginning. There were gaps between interviews with the interviewer not knowing the next step or who would be responsible for it. My final interview and offer was with the HR manager, since none of the Sales Execs were with the company anymore.

Exhibit Designer Interview

Exhibit Designer
Wayland, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gunlocke in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted after applying for a job posted online via phone initally. I later exchanged several emails with the HR manager about conducting a phone interview. I was then asked to schedule a face to face interview which was conducted on site at Gunlocke in Wayland, NY. I arrived expecting to interview at 10:15am, but was brought in 45 min early to fill out paperwork and meet with the HR manager. Then at 11am I went in for the official interview. I met with the senior design manager and senior sales manager. I presented a portfolio and resumes. I was asked the typical interview questions. I felt it went well. They seemed to like me. I said thank you, shook hands and left. I then wrote thank you emails to the 3 people I had interviewed with. I didn't hear anything for a week so I called the HR manager to see what my standing was. She said they were still interviewing, but promised to get back to me in 2 weeks time. I heard nothing. I then emailed the sr design manager to check in and inquire about the position. She said they were still interviewing and promised I would be contacted. At no point did anyone contact me after a face to face interview. Only after 3 months did I receive a form email from HR saying the position had been filled. In my personal opinion they gave me the run around and treated me like dirt after the effort I put into my interview. (new suit, new portfolio, and new resume) I would never recommend this company or work with them. BEWARE.

Interview Question – What did you not like about your last job?   Answer Question

Worked for Gunlocke? Contribute to the Community!