Guthy-Renker

Guthy-Renker Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guthy-Renker.

There was a first round technical interview
    There were a lot of questions about process, what would you do to deal with vendors
    and other users across campus.What kind of documentation did you do?
    How did u deal with difficult situations

Interview Questions
    • what is the name of the document called for users using your API   View Answer

I wanted better position

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guthy-Renker in January 2014.

I was reached out via LinkedIn by a recruiter. She was really friendly and schedule an interview for me with three different people in the company. I went in, did the interview, everything was pretty straightforward. Unfortunately, the recruiter never got back to me, which was really disrespectful in my opinion. Seems like a great company but that detail turned me off.

Web Design Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guthy-Renker in October 2013.

Great interview, very friendly and casual, fun people to work with, potentially good job. I was impressed with the culture and attitude. The main questions were about my design and communication style, what and how you will contribute to company success. I also was impressed with new office and supportive staff.

Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Guthy-Renker in July 2013.

Recruiter interview. Then set up for interview. No show by hiring manager. Rescheduled twice more then had interview with hiring manager. Never heard anything again.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guthy-Renker in April 2013.

Whiteboard deprecated jquery test and html. Know .live(), .bind() etc...

Interview Questions
    • What method would you use if you couldn't use .on()   View Answer
    Recruiter offered highest rate

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Guthy-Renker in January 2012.

Had a phone interview with the VP of Commerce, Senior Manager, Web Application Development, and Manager of Information Technology for QA Manager position. They asked me what technical and administrative improvements I would make to the QA department if I were hired. I started out by talking about my potential technical contributions, and I thought the interview was going well. When I was done, I began to discuss the administrative improvements. However, as I was about to talk about the administrative improvements, I was abruptly interrupted by one of them and was told that time was up and the interview was aborted before I had a chance to finish answering the question. I would have thought that was very rude, except that I thought they didn't want to waste any more time and simply wanted to proceed with an in-person interview. So I didn't think too much of it and waited for my in-person interview. A week later I found out they wanted to pass because they thought I was strong on the technical side, but didn't have enough management skills. Really?....Maybe if they had let me answer the question, they might have thought differently. Overall, this was one of the most awkward (and even disrespectful) phone interviews I have ever had. As a manager, I obviously don't hire everyone I interview, but if I ask a question, I at least give the interviewee the chance to answer it, with some courtesy. I later found out that this position has been open for over 5 months. After interviewing with them, I think I got a pretty good idea why.

Interview Questions
    • You are writing an automation script to submit a form. The physical location of the submit button keeps changing on the page because of UI changes. How would you code your script to accommodate for the changes of the location of the submit button.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guthy-Renker in August 2010.

Regular interview process, nothing out of the ordinary. I met with DI and VP to introduce myself. The hiring process was a smooth ride.

Interview Questions
    • Listening to calibration calls and give feedback. I was not prepared nor had I any ideas about the subject of these calls.   Answer Question
    Just accepted bc I was satisfied with the offer.

Formulator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guthy-Renker in January 2010.

I was recommended for an formulation opening. The interview went well but I did not get the offer because I do not have a marketing back ground. Therefore the job was offered to someone else with that area of expertise.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guthy-Renker in September 2009.

Typing test with listening skills, nesting with agent to see if you were compatible for the position, phone voice interview, personal interview w/recruitter

n/a

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guthy-Renker in February 2012.

Phone interview and a group interview with the senior developers.