Gwinnett County Schools

Gwinnett County Schools Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gwinnett County Schools

Substitute Teacher Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gwinnett County Schools.

many volunteer hours, get to know everyone, work in many areas

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gwinnett County Schools.

Attended a job fair and interviewed on the spot by two principals. I was hired immediately.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating.

Bus Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gwinnett County Schools.

Make sure references are available as this is one area that is definitely scrutinized. The interview process is pretty streamlined. They conduct a criminal background check as part of their vetting process and the drug test and physical comes a little bit later.

Interview Questions
    Here is the pay rate and there are no negotiations

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gwinnett County Schools in October 2008.

The process begiins with a class going over what will be on the CDl exam. then you go through the process of the backgrond check and drug test. Next is when you fill out the application and there can be no gaps at all in your work history from the age of 16 on. At anytime during this process, your application can be declined. If you make it through this process, there is a 2 week class training period. If you make it through that, there is a period of time driving on the range getting sed to the bus. Then you must take the CDL test and pass. After that, there is a period when you must drive with another driver and drive kids. Very long and drawn out process to earn $12 and hour for 185 days.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. it was offered and I accepted.

Teacher Interview

My best suggetion is to attend the job fairs.

Interview Questions
    • Which of the following leads to a successful classoom teacher? Knowledge of subject, or love of children?   Answer Question
    Years of service since I came from the private sector. They will add years of service.

Substitute Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Gwinnett County Schools in December 2008.

It was a 1:1 interview with a group of people dispersing to each interviewer. They asked me questions about teaching and if i was truly passionate about teaching.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a situation if a child were to behave badly?   Answer Question