Gwinnett County Schools Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gwinnett County Schools

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Gwinnett County Schools.

Interview

many volunteer hours, get to know everyone, work in many areas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Gwinnett County Schools (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Substitute teachers rarely go through a formal interview. Your work in the classroom is your interview. Long term substitutes or substitutes that sub at the same school are more likely to get hired especially if the teacher is already certified. The students and staff took very well to me from day one and my work ethic and classroom management caught the attention of administration. Soon I was being asked to apply for a teacher position and within two months I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gwinnett County Schools (Duluth, GA).

Interview

Attended a job fair and interviewed on the spot by two principals. I was hired immediately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Bus Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gwinnett County Schools.

Interview

Make sure references are available as this is one area that is definitely scrutinized. The interview process is pretty streamlined. They conduct a criminal background check as part of their vetting process and the drug test and physical comes a little bit later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Here is the pay rate and there are no negotiations

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Gwinnett County Schools (Snellville, GA) in October 2008.

Interview

The process begiins with a class going over what will be on the CDl exam. then you go through the process of the backgrond check and drug test. Next is when you fill out the application and there can be no gaps at all in your work history from the age of 16 on. At anytime during this process, your application can be declined. If you make it through this process, there is a 2 week class training period. If you make it through that, there is a period of time driving on the range getting sed to the bus. Then you must take the CDL test and pass. After that, there is a period when you must drive with another driver and drive kids. Very long and drawn out process to earn $12 and hour for 185 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. it was offered and I accepted.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gwinnett County Schools.

Interview

My best suggetion is to attend the job fairs.

Interview Questions

• Which of the following leads to a successful classoom teacher? Knowledge of subject, or love of children?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Years of service since I came from the private sector. They will add years of service.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Gwinnett County Schools in December 2008.

Interview

It was a 1:1 interview with a group of people dispersing to each interviewer. They asked me questions about teaching and if i was truly passionate about teaching.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation if a child were to behave badly?   Answer Question