Gymboree Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Gymboree.

Very standard, face to face interview. Asked your basic questions. Called back asked if I could wk into tne night when we had a new line come in.& was offered the job.no benifits, only fulltime.

Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Gymboree.

Focused on children; how to react/interact and memories you have as a child. Questions were standard regarding business acumen and understanding. Company is new to focusing on managers being actual business owners and understanding retail equations and analyzing statistical data to make business decisions.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: what was your favorite outfit as a child, and why?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gymboree in March 2014.

Initial interview with store manager, basic interviewing covering key topics (sales, service, human resources, loss prevention etc). Was asked to interview over the phone with district manager. Again, straight forward, basic questions. I already had assistant manager experience as well as store manager experience. Was asked to also interview over the phone with regional manager, as it was a full time key holder position. That interview was quick but a little more in depth. Regional manager asked many more probing questions and wanted more specifics to answers. All in all an easy interviewing process. Was offered the position within a couple hours.

Interview Questions
    Was able to let the SM know ahead of time what hourly rate I was looking for, spoke about it with DM as well and she wanted to do as much or more. Ended up close to what I wanted. Definitely better than most. It seems if you have the experience and what they are looking for your rate is not locked in to an arbitrary range.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Gymboree.

2 interviews for any position, 1 with assistant manger and 1 store manager, or both combined. if interviewing for sales lead or higher, an interview with the district manager is also required. store manager positions interview with 2 DM's and the regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • Common interview questions unless interviewing for a store manager position in which you must know numbers and logistics.   Answer Question
    We would like to extend a position of employment to you with our company.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Gymboree.

Hiring process is much too long and drawn out for position being offered, length of time between interviews unprofessional. I felt as though I was forgotten about. This should have been a red flag at the time.

Interview Questions
    • All questions pertained to how satiations or scenarios were handled.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gymboree.

very tedious, application, store manager meeting, store manager from other store meeting, in person interview with DM, phone interview with another DM. Essentially you wait until each is complete. after they do a reference check and after that is done you can start.

multiple phone calls between hire ups and management

Full Time and Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gymboree in December 2012.

The interview process was extensive, but easy. I had four Interviews for PT Assistant (Interim SM, DM, 2nd DM, new SM), then four more to become a FT Assistant (SM, DM, 2nd DM, and RM). I did get a great impression of the people in the company, though. The posiiton I applied for was a FT Assistant, and was not told until the job offer was made that it was actually going to be a Part Time Assistant.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

General interview and application process

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Gymboree.

Spoke with both the District Manager and Market Manager on the phone which seemed to be more of a "welcome" call and then first initial interview with the Market Manager was set up for the following week. From there, it was decided to have me move on with the process and interview with the Regional Manager which is tough to say the least. I had an offer of employment by that evening!

Interview Questions
    • None too overly difficult as long as you have real life examples to back it up. Not looking for a "what would you do" answer but "what DID you do" in a particular circumstance.   Answer Question
    Didn't have to negotiate. I got what I requested plus a little more

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Gymboree in February 2014.

I submitted a paper application to the store at Stoneridge Mall. Then heard back from the hiring manager a week later.

Interview Questions
    • How could your coursework in college make you a good employee?   Answer Question

Worked for Gymboree? Contribute to the Community!