Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Gymboree
- Sales Associate (32)
- Store Manager (23)
- Assistant Manager (12)
- Sales Lead (11)
- Assistant Store Manager (5)
- Sales Lead, Key Holder (5)
- Retail Sales Associate (2)
- Senior Manager (2)
- Assistant Designer (2)
- Designer (2)
- Part Time Sales Associate (2)
- District Manager (2)
- Business Systems Manager (2)
- Manager (1)
- New Line and Inventory (1)
- Full Time and Part Time Assistant Manager (1)
- Sale Assossiate (1)
- Consultant (1)
- Merchant (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Regional Sales Manager (1)
- Retail (1)
- Retail Clerk (1)
- Warehouse Worker (1)
- Senior Programmer (1)
- Logistics (1)
- Management (1)
- General Manager (1)
- ASM (1)
- Web Designer (1)
Helpful (5)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree (Los Angeles, CA).
1. You apply online or in person. 2. Interview with store manager. 3. Interview with district manager 4. If the District Manager likes you, you have the job.
- 1. They will ask you how many hours you expect. If you expect a lot, they won't hire you. Say you're open (18-30hrs max a week, usually on the lower side is what they give you). 2. They ask for your availability. Have no life and be able to dedicate your hours here and you'll be fine. Be open. 3. Go on and on about how you're great at customer service. 4. Go on and on about how you are great at selling. 5. If they do a roleplay with you, the key to success is point out sales (signs are everywhere) and add additional item to what they ask for. 6. Make sure you mention how you are the best at loss prevention and how you're always aware of your surroundings. The questions will be centered around the above. Your answers should include all of them. Additional: They do no drug test and their background checks consist of simply calling your refs. The company is too cheep to pay for drug tests or background checks. Which is why you end up with a staff that are on drugs, have issues with the law, or have a police record. People would come to work high or drunk, and if they could hide it they got away with it. It was horrible. 1 Answer
There is no negotiation. You won't get much. Nothing higher than $12. Usually $8-$9.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Sherman Oaks, CA) in September 2012.
Initial interview was with district manager, followed by two follow ups with two different store managers. Easy questions about customer service and the retail sector.
- Why I left previous employers Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I interviewed at Gymboree (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.
- Nothing unexpected very basic questions 1 Answer
Had to go through h.r as normal to aprove the payrate