Very Easy Interview
I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gymboree in September 2012.
Interview Details – Initial interview was with district manager, followed by two follow ups with two different store managers. Easy questions about customer service and the retail sector.
Interview Question – Why I left previous employers Answer Question
I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gymboree.
Interview Details – 1. You apply online or in person.
2. Interview with store manager.
3. Interview with district manager
4. If the District Manager likes you, you have the job.
Interview Question – 1. They will ask you how many hours you expect. If you expect a lot, they won't hire you. Say you're open (18-30hrs max a week, usually on the lower side is what they give you).
2. They ask for your availability. Have no life and be able to dedicate your hours here and you'll be fine. Be open.
3. Go on and on about how you're great at customer service.
4. Go on and on about how you are great at selling.
5. If they do a roleplay with you, the key to success is point out sales (signs are everywhere) and add additional item to what they ask for.
6. Make sure you mention how you are the best at loss prevention and how you're always aware of your surroundings.
The questions will be centered around the above. Your answers should include all of them.
They do no drug test and their background checks consist of simply calling your refs. The company is too cheep to pay for drug tests or background checks. Which is why you end up with a staff that are on drugs, have issues with the law, or have a police record. People would come to work high or drunk, and if they could hide it they got away with it. It was horrible. View Answer
Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You won't get much. Nothing higher than $12. Usually $8-$9.
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
The difficulty rating is the average interview difficulty rating across all interview candidates.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
No thanks –