Gymboree

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gymboree.

1. You apply online or in person.

2. Interview with store manager.

3. Interview with district manager

4. If the District Manager likes you, you have the job.

Interview Questions
  • 1. They will ask you how many hours you expect. If you expect a lot, they won't hire you. Say you're open (18-30hrs max a week, usually on the lower side is what they give you).

2. They ask for your availability. Have no life and be able to dedicate your hours here and you'll be fine. Be open.

3. Go on and on about how you're great at customer service.

4. Go on and on about how you are great at selling.

5. If they do a roleplay with you, the key to success is point out sales (signs are everywhere) and add additional item to what they ask for.

6. Make sure you mention how you are the best at loss prevention and how you're always aware of your surroundings.

The questions will be centered around the above. Your answers should include all of them.

Additional:
    They do no drug test and their background checks consist of simply calling your refs. The company is too cheep to pay for drug tests or background checks. Which is why you end up with a staff that are on drugs, have issues with the law, or have a police record. People would come to work high or drunk, and if they could hide it they got away with it. It was horrible.

View Answer
There is no negotiation. You won't get much. Nothing higher than $12. Usually $8-$9.

Other Interview Reviews for Gymboree

Sales Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gymboree.

Filled out and application and recieved a call a few days later. Had two interviews (One with store manager and one with sales lead) and got the job. There was a few training days but thrown onto sales floor the second day.

n/a

Sales Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gymboree in January 2013.

I applied online and was called within 2 days by the General Manager. I met with the GM and had a brief interview. I then met and interviewed with the DM. I was offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question
    I accepted without negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Gymboree in September 2012.

Initial interview was with district manager, followed by two follow ups with two different store managers. Easy questions about customer service and the retail sector.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gymboree in July 2012.

I had two interviews. One with the store manager and the other with the district manager. Both asked the same questions. I had to role play doing my first interview. The process was fast and straight-forward. I was asked typical interview questions that applies to someone applying for a management position.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you plan on working for the company?   View Answer
    There wasn't really no negotiation. The District manager told me that I was going to get paid $9.25 and I was thinking to myself, I guess I have to keep looking for something else, but the manager offered me $2.00 more.

Sales Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Gymboree in March 2011.

The interview was basic, the normal questions that are asked for scenarios. You must interview multiple times (probably 3) to get a Sales Lead position, you will interview more for an assistant manager or store manager position. The pay isn't really good at all but it does have good employees.

Interview Questions
    • There isn't really any super hard questions, they are all from a basic form.   Answer Question
    There is a range and they stay within a dollar to two dollars, they really don't pay much.