Gymboree Sales Lead Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Really quick interview. Manager was nice. Received a phone call from the District Manger to set up a interview the the Gymboree Outlet that was opening in my area. The interview was schedule the next week. There was interview going for that entire day. Got a call within the week for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you handled a team member that not preforming well?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate this was an extra job for me.

Other Interview Reviews for Gymboree

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gymboree (Greensboro, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

She asked me the basic questions like do i have retail experience and experience with kids. She also asked me the basic questions like what are my strengths and weaknesses and she asked about my flexibility with hours and that was kind of it and then the rest of the interview i just asked her questions to make sure i was aware with the tasks i will be in charge of.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with kids?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gymboree (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2014.

Interview

Very short and informal. I was asked basic questions. The store was in need of a sales lead so it was a quick fill for them. I interviewed with the SM in person then had a phone interview with the DM. Both were relatively short and I was qualified for the position so they hired me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered an unhappy customer.. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree (Freehold, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Very brief and structured. Hiring manager read from a template (a bunch of papers) and scribbled notes. Questions were fine but seemed wordy and repetitive. Many seemed unrelated to the position for which I was applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone who was difficult to work with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1. You apply online or in person. 2. Interview with store manager. 3. Interview with district manager 4. If the District Manager likes you, you have the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. They will ask you how many hours you expect. If you expect a lot, they won't hire you. Say you're open (18-30hrs max a week, usually on the lower side is what they give you). 2. They ask for your availability. Have no life and be able to dedicate your hours here and you'll be fine. Be open. 3. Go on and on about how you're great at customer service. 4. Go on and on about how you are great at selling. 5. If they do a roleplay with you, the key to success is point out sales (signs are everywhere) and add additional item to what they ask for. 6. Make sure you mention how you are the best at loss prevention and how you're always aware of your surroundings. The questions will be centered around the above. Your answers should include all of them. Additional: They do no drug test and their background checks consist of simply calling your refs. The company is too cheep to pay for drug tests or background checks. Which is why you end up with a staff that are on drugs, have issues with the law, or have a police record. People would come to work high or drunk, and if they could hide it they got away with it. It was horrible.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You won't get much. Nothing higher than $12. Usually $8-$9.

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree.

Interview

Filled out and application and recieved a call a few days later. Had two interviews (One with store manager and one with sales lead) and got the job. There was a few training days but thrown onto sales floor the second day.

Negotiation

n/a

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gymboree in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called within 2 days by the General Manager. I met with the GM and had a brief interview. I then met and interviewed with the DM. I was offered the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted without negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview was quick and easy. I talked to the district manger. Questions are very easy if you are familiar with the basic policies and procedures. I did my interview over the phone. questions included "what would you do if a natural disaster happens?" "walk me through closing procedures." "walk me through the opening procedures" "what would you do with a difficult customer" "what is the off time box"

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gymboree (Sherman Oaks, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was with district manager, followed by two follow ups with two different store managers. Easy questions about customer service and the retail sector.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gymboree (Baltimore, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews. One with the store manager and the other with the district manager. Both asked the same questions. I had to role play doing my first interview. The process was fast and straight-forward. I was asked typical interview questions that applies to someone applying for a management position.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on working for the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really no negotiation. The District manager told me that I was going to get paid $9.25 and I was thinking to myself, I guess I have to keep looking for something else, but the manager offered me $2.00 more.