H.BLOOM Account Executive Interview Questions

2.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H.BLOOM in May 2013.

Received an email the day after I applied to schedule a Skype interview with a recruiter. The interview went fine and at the end of it she said she would schedule a Skype interview for me with an executive and that I had to complete the 25 client list task within 24 hours.

My second interview was probably the best part of the whole experience. I felt like the executive seemed interested and had actually looked over my resume (which I did not feel like any other interviewer had.) He told me that they "move really fast" and that the recruiter should be scheduling me for a final interview.

You can tell that the executive has been in business for a long time because he actually engages interviewees and it feels like he *actually* tries to get a sense of you vs. the other employees, who seems to just check off boxes of what they're "supposed" to ask.

Now, I made it through three interviews and wrote courteous thank you notes after each--the executive sent a very nice reply (which I wasn't expecting) the same day I received a "we're going in a different direction email" from the recruiter.

Oh, by the way, I only received that email after I sent another thank you/follow up email expressing my interest in working with H.Bloom...which I wrote a week after my last interview.

It seems as though this company is looking for a *very* specific personality trait. They do not care about your work experience (the executive was the only person to ask about my work experience) and they hire YOUNG, like fresh out of college.

Like other posters before me, I think they interview everyone who sends in an application; which, seems a bit pointless. Also, like other posters before me, it seems as though many people make it through all the interviews to be left with a "No."

I have no idea what they are looking for in candidates. Don't get too excited about anything they say, it'll likely go nowhere.

Interview Questions
  • Prepare a list of 25 potential clients.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H.BLOOM

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at H.BLOOM in February 2014.

Three interviews - first is with recruiter Ashlee, second is with SEED Program Manager Cassie, third is with a member of senior management. Interviews are casual - they are more interested in seeing how you interact with them than anything else. Sales is all about personality and being comfortable speaking with new people, and that's what this interview is really about.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - be ready to discuss relocation preferences.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable, but accepted.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at H.BLOOM in March 2014.

Applied online, heard back a few days later. I had a skype interview, which was pretty basic and was given 24 hours to complete a challenge that involved how to branch out into a new territory. After I completed it I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. I spoke with two different people, the environment seemed pretty awesome, but I wasn't what they were looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Are there any experiences you've had that you can relate to a start-up environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H.BLOOM in March 2014.

I was contacted 2 minutes after submitting my application. Had 4 Skype interviews that all went REALLY well. Very comfortable and not awkward at all. Interviewed with HR Manager, VP Sales, SEED Director, and CEO.

Interview Questions
    • Send a list of 25 potential clients that you would go after.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at H.BLOOM.

Applied online and was asked to interview the next day. The interview was done over Skype and very relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at H.BLOOM.

Met Sales Manager, Market Manager and Current Account Executive. Very laid back, I was comfortable with everyone instantly. Everyone seemed very nice and it was a nice view into how the culture is at the company. Interviewed with VP of Sales via Skype after in person interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at H.BLOOM in July 2012.

I interviewed with Tom, the VP of Sales . He was very nice. He asked me general interview questions (How did you hear about us?, Why do you want to work for us?) The day after the interview, I received an email letting me know I did not get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H.BLOOM in June 2012.

My interview process with this company seemed fairly simple. During the first phone interview the NY office asked me questions about my interest in H Bloom, in flowers, in entrepreneurship, how I had heard about the company since they are so small.

They then wanted to set up a Skype interview for me, which I should have just taken, but I was going to be out in San Fran anyways the next week so I set up an interview out there with their VP of Sales. He is the nicest man ever and probably the easiest to get along with. We talked in depth about the business model of the company and about the future of the company. It was more of a relaxed conversation if anything. After about 45 minutes of this I was handed off to another lady and I think this is where something went wrong. She couldn't look me directly in the eye and my conversation with her seemed somewhat forced if anything with a lot of awkward pauses. She actually asked me the hard questions unlike the first guy. Its really easy to feel too comfortable around these people who are wearing jeans in this small humble little office and smiling all the time which I think was another place I went wrong- I forgot to be professional since I was so comfortable around them.

Eventually the VP of Sales walked me through the compensation package for this company and they have excellent compensation for their employees in terms of payment and benefits alike. There are no limits to how much you can make and they have a very smart plan for how to make you successful and their sales trajectory isn't an impossible feat. They are growing so fast. People who work here work long hours but they love what they are doing, simple as that. If you get an offer with them, you take it.

After two or three days I got an email telling me I hadn't been selected for this position which I was really bummed about because I loved the company, the job description and the people I had met there. More or less this was my dream job. It was more disappointing because they hire in chunks so there was more than one position open at the time. Also, my best friend heard about the position from me after the interview, applied and got an offer in NY which kind of stung because she didn't know much about the company and the business model before her interview and I had done extensive research. The NY office is also much more established and larger than the San Francisco one and they might hire more people there which I think also helped her.

Bottom line is:
    This company is absolutely amazing, they hire the best and the brightest for their needs, people who have an intense passion for the position, for entrepreneurship and for the product. Be natural and yet professional and interested and things should go smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • How did you hear about H Bloom? Why are you interested in this position? This location specifically?   Answer Question
    • What is your previous experience in sales and how will your experiences benefit this position and the future of this company?   Answer Question
    • So, tell me a little bit about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Do you think that you would do well in a startup environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at H.BLOOM in November 2010.

I was referred by a friend to the opening, and I e-mailed my interest. I met with the CEO one on one, we spoke at length about the position, the direction of the company, the business model, etc. I then went to the main office and interviewed with the market manager, a top salesperson, and the COO. I received an offer that evening and accepted on the spot.

For potential candidates, I would say come into the interview with enthusiasm. This is a startup, so the company needs energetic, ambitious people who are not only excited about the potential here, but are also willing to jump in and help out where needed. The office culture is very friendly, smart, even "hip".

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at H.BLOOM.

The process begins with a phone interview. Very typical...accessing experience, skills, etc. I was then invited to an in person interview with the VP of Sales and CEO. Both nice guys, but there were many red flags during the process. They do not have a deep understanding of the industry they are in or sales in general. Also, this is worth mentioning, the entire sales team is comprised of women in their early 20's who are very entry level in their careers. This says a couple things to me regarding the organization. This would be an appropriate first step for someone who is wanting to gain entry level sales experience, but the salary will also reflect that. I did not move forward in the process as the compensation was not even close to what I made my first job out of college and that was nearly 10 years ago.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was out of the ordinary. Very standard sales questions.   Answer Question

Worked for H.BLOOM? Contribute to the Community!