H.BLOOM

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

2.3

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at H.BLOOM.

After seeing their recruiter review me on my Linkedin, I applied. Afterwards, I had a skype interview, which was followed by an in person interview with the CEO and COO. Interview lasted an hour, and I was offered the position the next day.

After getting offered the job in July, and then signing a form with my start date being September 10th, I received a three sentence email in mid-August saying the company is going through changes and they "wish me the best of luck with my future." I called the recruiter and she said she feels really bad, but there would not be opened positions until January. Who offers you a job and retracts in three weeks before your start date? Entirely unprofessional and upsetting- thankfully I did not quite my current job yet.

Account Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H.BLOOM.

3 Rounds of Skype interviews with Recruiter, former VP of Sales, and SEED Manager. I assume interviews are different now that two of three of those people have since been let go of the company.

Interview Questions
    Flat $30,000.00 base non-negotiable.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H.BLOOM.

I filled an application online and was contacted quickly after doing so. After having one great Skype interview with Ashlee, I was asked to complete a list of 25 clients that I would sell to. After that, I was asked to do another interview with Cassie. This is where things went wrong. She scheduled an interview for a Thursday morning, and I waited for her to Skype me for 1 hour. I received and email from her later stating she had gotten caught up in a meeting. So we rescheduled for Wednesday. I waited by my computer during the set time, and again, nothing. So, I emailed her again and she said that it was my responsibility to contact her, even though I was never instructed to and was not given any of her contact information.

Clearly they do not have their stuff together. Waste of my time.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H.BLOOM.

Applied online and was asked to interview the next day. The interview was done over Skype and very relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H.BLOOM in March 2014.

I was contacted 2 minutes after submitting my application. Had 4 Skype interviews that all went REALLY well. Very comfortable and not awkward at all. Interviewed with HR Manager, VP Sales, SEED Director, and CEO.

Interview Questions
    • Send a list of 25 potential clients that you would go after.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H.BLOOM in March 2014.

Applied online, heard back a few days later. I had a skype interview, which was pretty basic and was given 24 hours to complete a challenge that involved how to branch out into a new territory. After I completed it I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. I spoke with two different people, the environment seemed pretty awesome, but I wasn't what they were looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Are there any experiences you've had that you can relate to a start-up environment?   Answer Question

Account Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H.BLOOM.

Applied online and had 4 Skype interviews. Enjoyed every person I talked with but wish I did not have to Skype because one of the interviews it didn't work.

Interview Questions
    • Not challenging questions. Asked the basic questions, why sales? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H.BLOOM in February 2014.

Three interviews - first is with recruiter Ashlee, second is with SEED Program Manager Cassie, third is with a member of senior management. Interviews are casual - they are more interested in seeing how you interact with them than anything else. Sales is all about personality and being comfortable speaking with new people, and that's what this interview is really about.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - be ready to discuss relocation preferences.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable, but accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at H.BLOOM in January 2014.

Very relaxed; Skype interview.
    Met with Ashlee and Cassie.
    Inquired about my sales background, extra curricular involvement in college, and my expectations for the position offered.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to move to New York City for 12 weeks?   View Answer
    Help me find living and pay for my relocation upon completion of the training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at H.BLOOM in January 2014.

The interview process was fairly easy. I met with 3 people - Ashlee, Cassie and Tom, all of whom were extremely personable and had a knack for making you feel at ease. The process was more conversational with a sprinkle of interview q's.

Interview Questions
    • The questions mostly revolved around my prior experience and what interested me about working at H Bloom. They also delved into my personal life and what I liked to do in my spare time.   Answer Question

The salary would not sustain my current living situation.