H.BLOOM Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014
Updated Aug 31, 2014

2.3

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at H.BLOOM.

After seeing their recruiter review me on my Linkedin, I applied. Afterwards, I had a skype interview, which was followed by an in person interview with the CEO and COO. Interview lasted an hour, and I was offered the position the next day.

After getting offered the job in July, and then signing a form with my start date being September 10th, I received a three sentence email in mid-August saying the company is going through changes and they "wish me the best of luck with my future." I called the recruiter and she said she feels really bad, but there would not be opened positions until January. Who offers you a job and retracts in three weeks before your start date? Entirely unprofessional and upsetting- thankfully I did not quite my current job yet.

Account Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H.BLOOM.

3 Rounds of Skype interviews with Recruiter, former VP of Sales, and SEED Manager. I assume interviews are different now that two of three of those people have since been let go of the company.

Interview Questions
    Flat $30,000.00 base non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H.BLOOM in May 2013.

Received an email the day after I applied to schedule a Skype interview with a recruiter. The interview went fine and at the end of it she said she would schedule a Skype interview for me with an executive and that I had to complete the 25 client list task within 24 hours.

My second interview was probably the best part of the whole experience. I felt like the executive seemed interested and had actually looked over my resume (which I did not feel like any other interviewer had.) He told me that they "move really fast" and that the recruiter should be scheduling me for a final interview.

You can tell that the executive has been in business for a long time because he actually engages interviewees and it feels like he *actually* tries to get a sense of you vs. the other employees, who seems to just check off boxes of what they're "supposed" to ask.

Now, I made it through three interviews and wrote courteous thank you notes after each--the executive sent a very nice reply (which I wasn't expecting) the same day I received a "we're going in a different direction email" from the recruiter.

Oh, by the way, I only received that email after I sent another thank you/follow up email expressing my interest in working with H.Bloom...which I wrote a week after my last interview.

It seems as though this company is looking for a *very* specific personality trait. They do not care about your work experience (the executive was the only person to ask about my work experience) and they hire YOUNG, like fresh out of college.

Like other posters before me, I think they interview everyone who sends in an application; which, seems a bit pointless. Also, like other posters before me, it seems as though many people make it through all the interviews to be left with a "No."

I have no idea what they are looking for in candidates. Don't get too excited about anything they say, it'll likely go nowhere.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare a list of 25 potential clients.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at H.BLOOM in February 2014.

Three interviews - first is with recruiter Ashlee, second is with SEED Program Manager Cassie, third is with a member of senior management. Interviews are casual - they are more interested in seeing how you interact with them than anything else. Sales is all about personality and being comfortable speaking with new people, and that's what this interview is really about.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - be ready to discuss relocation preferences.   Answer Question
    Not negotiable, but accepted.

Sales Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H.BLOOM.

I filled an application online and was contacted quickly after doing so. After having one great Skype interview with Ashlee, I was asked to complete a list of 25 clients that I would sell to. After that, I was asked to do another interview with Cassie. This is where things went wrong. She scheduled an interview for a Thursday morning, and I waited for her to Skype me for 1 hour. I received and email from her later stating she had gotten caught up in a meeting. So we rescheduled for Wednesday. I waited by my computer during the set time, and again, nothing. So, I emailed her again and she said that it was my responsibility to contact her, even though I was never instructed to and was not given any of her contact information.

Clearly they do not have their stuff together. Waste of my time.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at H.BLOOM in March 2014.

Applied online, heard back a few days later. I had a skype interview, which was pretty basic and was given 24 hours to complete a challenge that involved how to branch out into a new territory. After I completed it I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. I spoke with two different people, the environment seemed pretty awesome, but I wasn't what they were looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Are there any experiences you've had that you can relate to a start-up environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H.BLOOM in March 2014.

I was contacted 2 minutes after submitting my application. Had 4 Skype interviews that all went REALLY well. Very comfortable and not awkward at all. Interviewed with HR Manager, VP Sales, SEED Director, and CEO.

Interview Questions
    • Send a list of 25 potential clients that you would go after.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at H.BLOOM.

Applied online and was asked to interview the next day. The interview was done over Skype and very relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at H.BLOOM in January 2014.

Very relaxed; Skype interview.
    Met with Ashlee and Cassie.
    Inquired about my sales background, extra curricular involvement in college, and my expectations for the position offered.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to move to New York City for 12 weeks?   View Answer
    Help me find living and pay for my relocation upon completion of the training.

Account Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H.BLOOM.

Applied online and had 4 Skype interviews. Enjoyed every person I talked with but wish I did not have to Skype because one of the interviews it didn't work.

Interview Questions
    • Not challenging questions. Asked the basic questions, why sales? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Worked for H.BLOOM? Contribute to the Community!