H.C. Brill

Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Tucker, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H.C. Brill in July 2009.

Interview Details – I arrived 20 minutes early and waited in the receptionist area a total of 52 minutes, 32 minutes PAST our scheduled interview.

I was given a very informative plant tour by the plant TPM Manager that lasted over an hour. We sat in his office discussing continuous improvements and cost saving CIP measures for about 20 minutes. Afterwards, i was led to the Production Managers office and asked the normal questions.

"Tell me about yourself"
"What are your strengths?"
What is the first thing you would do if hired"

That interview lasted about 20 minutes. Then, I interviewed with the Plant Manager. There, I was asked questions designed to get to know me and my managerial style.

Lastly, I interviewed with the HR manager. His questions were a repeat of the questions that I had before and I found him uninterested as I gave my quick replies. He often looked out the window in his office as I spoke. He did tell me that a choice would be made that evening after I left on which candidate to hire, me or one of the other two.

In all, it was a very disappointing process. THEY called me after having reviewed my resume on a local job board and asked me to drive in 250 miles to interview. Then, the HR guy wouldn’t return or take my calls. It took me 8 days of calling and emailing almost every day to get him to tell me that they went with another candidate.

The entire process left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I felt as if I were given an interview in order to fill a quota and I wouldn’t be surprised if someone already determined was always penciled in for the position.

Interview Question – What is the first thing you would do if hired?   Answer Question

Worked for H.C. Brill? Contribute to the Community!