H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug

SAP PI/XI Developer Interview

Extremely bad company, m so glad i did not take the offer; The process was somekind of joke; You meet few people and the question they ask is what do you bring to table.

Interview Questions
    • Shamelessly they asked me I will have to work for 12+ hours without any overtime payment or anything, and that too as habitual daily and also for weekends.
      Someone should complain to government about this company. At least the customers should go to other wholesale companies, at least they would be dealing with decent companies if they switch from this bunch of scumbag people.
        Answer Question

low pay, asked to work 12 hours and on weekends.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug in March 2013.

An initial phone interview by HR was the first step. This consisted of general questions to determine if my personality would fit with H.D. Smith. After that an in-person interview offsite with the team manager. We ate lunch together and went over the project in detail. I really enjoyed our discussion. The last of the interviews was an onsite interview by the team and other management. This involved numerous questions on various topics to determine my skill level and the tactics I would take towards their project. The decision that they liked me was rather obvious within 2 weeks. It took 2 more weeks for an offer letter since my salary requirements were above their range.

Interview Questions
    • Given your breadth of experience would you become bored with this position?   View Answer

I found out from a previous employee that the manager's work expectations was more like 60-70 hours per week on average. After further investigating, I found out the manager had gone over a dozen developers in the last year.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kearny, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kearny, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug in November 2012.

I answered an Add on Monster and was contacted a week later by email. The interview was about an hour in their Kearny, NJ offices. The location is in very bad and dangerous area-it was scarey driving in the immediate area. Kearny is located next to Newark, and it is just as bad. The office building is large and modern with nice offices. I interviewed with a VP Finance. He was not exactly a down-to-earth type. He was a bit stuffy and asked some stupid old questions like greatest weakness, where do you want to be, etc.

The pay rate was 65k to 80k. He was personable but not someone that you could get real close to. I sent a thank you letter but have not heard from them at all.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a situation where you have failed"   View Answer