H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst
Springfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug in March 2013.

Interview Details – An initial phone interview by HR was the first step. This consisted of general questions to determine if my personality would fit with H.D. Smith. After that an in-person interview offsite with the team manager. We ate lunch together and went over the project in detail. I really enjoyed our discussion. The last of the interviews was an onsite interview by the team and other management. This involved numerous questions on various topics to determine my skill level and the tactics I would take towards their project. The decision that they liked me was rather obvious within 2 weeks. It took 2 more weeks for an offer letter since my salary requirements were above their range.

Interview Question – Given your breadth of experience would you become bored with this position?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I found out from a previous employee that the manager's work expectations was more like 60-70 hours per week on average. After further investigating, I found out the manager had gone over a dozen developers in the last year.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Kearny, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug in November 2012.

Interview Details – I answered an Add on Monster and was contacted a week later by email. The interview was about an hour in their Kearny, NJ offices. The location is in very bad and dangerous area-it was scarey driving in the immediate area. Kearny is located next to Newark, and it is just as bad. The office building is large and modern with nice offices. I interviewed with a VP Finance. He was not exactly a down-to-earth type. He was a bit stuffy and asked some stupid old questions like greatest weakness, where do you want to be, etc.

The pay rate was 65k to 80k. He was personable but not someone that you could get real close to. I sent a thank you letter but have not heard from them at all.

Interview Question – "Tell me a situation where you have failed"   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by H. D. Smith Wholesale Drug employees and interview candidates.