H E B Bagger Interview Questions

2.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H E B in August 2013.

Previously, I had filled out applications and received an e-mail that informed me that they would not be following through the interview process with me. Flash forward to about two weeks ago, I applied online once again, and received a call last week to come in for an interview.

When I came in for the interview, I was told to wait in the break room and I was handed a form to look over and sign. The form basically consisted of job descriptions and requirments, such as "Are/Can you willing to lift 20-50 lbs.?", stuff about paid training, etc. Once I had signed and dated the paper, I was pulled into a small office and given a full interview.

The interview was pretty standard. She (the central checkout manager, or at least one of them) started off by asking me about myself, why I wanted to work for H-E-B, what I knew about the company, availability, etc. I have to admit, I did feel a little intimidated, due to the fact that the interview was more in private than the other interviews that I had gone to. I think I could have worded things better, but alas, nerves got the best of me.

Initially, I had applied for a checkout positions, however the manager felt that I was best suited for a bagging position, with the option of moving up to being a checker within a few months.

I was offered the bagging job, and before I could give a response, she gave me a mini-lecture where she basically talked about how she expects a lot, and that if I have any problems with the work that comes with being a bagger, that I speak up now. I agreed that I would take the job, no matter how difficult it could be.

All-in-all, it was a pretty nice interview. It probably took about 30 or so minutes to complete.

Interview Questions
  • "What do you know about H-E-B as a company?"

"Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help others"

"How do you think your work impacts or influences others?"
      Answer Question
There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Bagger Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

I got a call after putting in an application.

It was a group interview. They hired everyone, but sometimes they wont.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer if they came to you with problem?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in November 2010.

I applied online. A few days later i recieved a call asking to confirm a time and date for an interview. I arrived there early as well as about another 10 people that were dressed professional as well. They asked everyone questions in front of everyone like "what do you have to offer?, why are you applying?, and name experiences that you used team skills." After everyone answered, they kept a few of us behind and offered us jobs on the spot,

there were none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H E B in March 2010.

Applied online and it immediately showed me an interview after I submitted it for the following Saturday. The interview was inside the store, it was a group interview. Start by saying your name of course. You have to draw a picture of yourself and what you want to be doing there .. I drew a picture of me bagging groceries. Also they hand you a random produce item and you have to make up a name for it and basically try to sell it. They handed me a yuca root... When I stood up to talk about it I called it a Topato. I said it had a lot of Omega 3 and vitamin C, and that you could cut it up and put it in your soup or your salad. With a group of 10-12 this can take a while. Once it's over, they will call you by the end of the day if they want a 1 on 1 interview with you which usually follows within the next few days.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, the most difficult part of the interview was drawing myself doing the job I was applying for. I'm not much of a artist. The questions were very basic, none were difficult.   Answer Question
    • To try to sell the produce that was given to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Floresville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Floresville, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B in September 2009.

Ran a background check and asked lots of situational questions and personal questions about my personality

was called in to work 2 weeks later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at H E B in June 2009.

They just asked me the usual stuff. They told me they would notify me within two weeks after the interview, but I never heard back from them until a week before school was supposed to start up, so I had to decline the offer since it was supposed to be a summer job.

They offered too late

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H E B in September 2011.

The phone interview was pretty basic. They asked what pay I was looking for, which is $8.00 in Texas if you have experience. They also asked what experience you have and why you want to work for HEB. They then scheduled me a 1:1 interview on the phone.

The 1:1 Interview was awful. The guy who interviewed me was almost 40 minutes late, but only asked simple questions. Then he pulled out a book and asked me what I saw. Most of the pictures had safety hazards, or were messy. He then scheduled me for a group interview the next day.

The group interview wasn't too bad. They had us (12 people) in a room centered around 3 people in which they asked us various questions like why HEB and then we were free to ask any questions we had. Then they met for a few minutes in the other room and then got one guy and we never saw him again. They came back in and told us, (the 11 left), that we got the job and told us when our orientation was.

Word of advice: getting the first interview was the most difficult part. They have so many online applicants that they will never get to yours unless you go up there and "check on your application", which I did 6 times.

Bagger Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in March 2011.

Group/Panel Interview NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL AT ALL! Step 1 you are call in a room with 4 "JUDGES" they ask you to draw a picture of the position you applied for with a crayon.Step 2 you have to sing a rap song about one of there products.Step 3 you and 6 others have to sell a meal deal to the "JUDGES" Step 4 the "JUDGES" go to the next room to see who go to the next round.TRUST me you better sing or you wont be going to the next round....