H E B Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Group interview
Make a nametag
Draw what you see yourself doing at Heb and how you plan to move up in the company
Pretend to Sell an Heb brand product
2nd interview is one on one with the service manager asks you questiins like why do you wanna work for heb what qualities you would look for in a group member just normal interview questions then third interview with another manager then job offer. 3rd interview was prettymuch the same schedule you to cone in to do paperwork make sure you bring your banking info for your paycheck social and drivers license

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B.

I filled out a detailed application online, then about A week later I was contacted by a manager and did an impromptu interview over the phone. I was contacted about a week later to come into the local hen for an on-site interview. This interview was as much a job orientation as it was an interview. I was shown the ropes of the trade and before I left was told I could start within the following week.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Basic Questions. First was a phone call to confirm interview. Got it at 4 then attented. Such questions as describe yourself, a time you helped someone, how can you contribute to the company. I had to sell a product after presenting myself toward managers and group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B.

I was brought into a room with about 10 other people and we all introduced ourselves out loud. Then we drew a picture of where we saw ourselves working in the store and then we sold the product we had in front of us to the group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B in October 2014.

Filled out an online application, about a week and a half later was called in for an interview. Went to the interview had standard questions like , Why do you want to work for HEB, what would you do if you caught another employee stealing, etc. I was upbeat and happy during the interview and got my 2nd interview on the spot and was told I had to wait on my background check. Waited about a week and a few days then received a phone call asking if I was still interested in the position which I said yes. Went to HEB to fill out about 1 1/2 hours of paperwork then scheduled a time to come back for training on computer, they give you five hours to finish it, it took me 4. Then they show you 3 classes to pick times for, Alcohol Sellers Training 2.5 hours, Checker 1 training 5 hours, Checker 2 training 5 hours. For the Checker training bring good shoes as you will be standing on a concrete floor the entire time. Pay period runs Monday- Sunday then you get paid the following Thursday by direct deposit.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with a bad customer experience and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    Based on experience with retail, I had none so 9.50 to start.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B in October 2014.

I applied online and was called a week later by the department manager to attend a group interview two days later. The tables in the room were set up in a U shape with another table for the two managers at the front. There were applicants in the room applying for all different positions. We sat down in front of construction paper, crayons, and a question card. We were asked to stand up and answer the five questions on the card (What's your name? What job are you applying for? What are your hobbies? What job would you not want to do? When was a time that you received great customer service?). Then we were asked to draw a picture of ourselves doing the job we were applying for, and to stand up and explain the picture.The manager called back about an hour after the group interview to set up a one-on-one interview two days later.
    The one-on-one interview was slightly awkward/disorganized. First the department manager told me what position, how many hours, and what days SHE expected me to work (none of which were what I applied for). THEN she proceeded with the interview. They ask basic questions to see how you would work in a group and in different situations with customers. In the interview they probe to see how you handle authority and group problems. You also will sign a form for random drug testing. If you accept, you can only have 8 "incidents" per year (basically days missed, but like if you missed a week for the flu that would only count as 1 "incident"). They say they work around schedules as long as you know your plans for 2 weeks in advanced - but what they really mean is make sure your other schedules work around theirs.

Interview Questions

The department manager was extremely pushy and slightly rude. I'm a full-time student and applied to work about 18-20 hours a week, but she expected me to be able to work 30. I needed Sundays off, but they wouldn't employ you unless you would work both Saturday and Sunday. I applied for a cashier position, however they were going to give put me on bagging for three months. Basically, I wasn't getting the job or the hours I applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Easy, but must have open availability to get hired faster. They're looking for customer service oriented people. Tell them what they want to hear with ways you exhibit those qualities.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you handled a difficult upset customer situation...   View Answers (2)
    None. Standard wages.

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Got called back a day later. Woman was rude and acted like no one was good enough for the position. Unusual group interview. Seemed very unorganized.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H E B.

The interview process was in a group setting which I was unprepared for but quickly adjusted to. The interview was fun as it consisted of mock selling games where we were given an item to sell to the rest of the group. At the interview the manager requested my contact phone number and I was called immediately after for an offer.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H E B.

It took them about Two hours after i submitted my application to call me for an interview. ONce there i talked to one of teh genral managers. The interview was easy, asked me basic about you questions, and then they showed me some pictures and told me to give my output on the pictures. After that interetview i was immeaditly sent to another one the same day. Then after talking to another manager they asked me to come back tomorow for another interview with the store manager. When i talked to him, he was really nice and calmed. All teh interview was seeing if i was a "good fit" for the job. and after that i was handed some paper work to fill out and i was sent off to training ( that took four days 8 hours) then i was put on the stands.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for the pay. But they did give me what i asked for in my application.