H E B Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B (Katy, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 12 other prospects. Be enthusiastic and bubbly. Also be the first to answer or comment. Even if this isn't your first choice pretend it is. Also know the background of any company you interview with. If you get past this first part, you will be invited to do a one on one with the manager of the department.

Interview Questions

• If a customer slips on a grape and you notice. What would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

Group interview Make a nametag Draw what you see yourself doing at Heb and how you plan to move up in the company Pretend to Sell an Heb brand product 2nd interview is one on one with the service manager asks you questiins like why do you wanna work for heb what qualities you would look for in a group member just normal interview questions then third interview with another manager then job offer. 3rd interview was prettymuch the same schedule you to cone in to do paperwork make sure you bring your banking info for your paycheck social and drivers license

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick, to the point, very general questions. They pretty much see if you're a good people person and if you're up for the tasks the job requires (cart pushing, dealing with difficult customers, etc.). After they interview you, if they like you they'll go straight to talk to a store director and get you an immediate 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your personal strengths?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B (Corpus Christi, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I felt very comfortable no tricky questions were asked. They management at heb is great they make you feel like your not just another number its a awesome company to work for

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B.

Interview

I filled out a detailed application online, then about A week later I was contacted by a manager and did an impromptu interview over the phone. I was contacted about a week later to come into the local hen for an on-site interview. This interview was as much a job orientation as it was an interview. I was shown the ropes of the trade and before I left was told I could start within the following week.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Basic Questions. First was a phone call to confirm interview. Got it at 4 then attented. Such questions as describe yourself, a time you helped someone, how can you contribute to the company. I had to sell a product after presenting myself toward managers and group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at H E B (Conroe, TX).

Interview

I was brought into a room with about 10 other people and we all introduced ourselves out loud. Then we drew a picture of where we saw ourselves working in the store and then we sold the product we had in front of us to the group

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite place to eat   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application, about a week and a half later was called in for an interview. Went to the interview had standard questions like , Why do you want to work for HEB, what would you do if you caught another employee stealing, etc. I was upbeat and happy during the interview and got my 2nd interview on the spot and was told I had to wait on my background check. Waited about a week and a few days then received a phone call asking if I was still interested in the position which I said yes. Went to HEB to fill out about 1 1/2 hours of paperwork then scheduled a time to come back for training on computer, they give you five hours to finish it, it took me 4. Then they show you 3 classes to pick times for, Alcohol Sellers Training 2.5 hours, Checker 1 training 5 hours, Checker 2 training 5 hours. For the Checker training bring good shoes as you will be standing on a concrete floor the entire time. Pay period runs Monday- Sunday then you get paid the following Thursday by direct deposit.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a bad customer experience and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on experience with retail, I had none so 9.50 to start.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called a week later by the department manager to attend a group interview two days later. The tables in the room were set up in a U shape with another table for the two managers at the front. There were applicants in the room applying for all different positions. We sat down in front of construction paper, crayons, and a question card. We were asked to stand up and answer the five questions on the card (What's your name? What job are you applying for? What are your hobbies? What job would you not want to do? When was a time that you received great customer service?). Then we were asked to draw a picture of ourselves doing the job we were applying for, and to stand up and explain the picture.The manager called back about an hour after the group interview to set up a one-on-one interview two days later. The one-on-one interview was slightly awkward/disorganized. First the department manager told me what position, how many hours, and what days SHE expected me to work (none of which were what I applied for). THEN she proceeded with the interview. They ask basic questions to see how you would work in a group and in different situations with customers. In the interview they probe to see how you handle authority and group problems. You also will sign a form for random drug testing. If you accept, you can only have 8 "incidents" per year (basically days missed, but like if you missed a week for the flu that would only count as 1 "incident"). They say they work around schedules as long as you know your plans for 2 weeks in advanced - but what they really mean is make sure your other schedules work around theirs.

Interview Questions

The department manager was extremely pushy and slightly rude. I'm a full-time student and applied to work about 18-20 hours a week, but she expected me to be able to work 30. I needed Sundays off, but they wouldn't employ you unless you would work both Saturday and Sunday. I applied for a cashier position, however they were going to give put me on bagging for three months. Basically, I wasn't getting the job or the hours I applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B (Beaumont, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

get called for interview. get asked proper interview qs. you shoul get called back within a week or so. then you get called in for paperwork to fill out.then you come in for class training. you do get paid for it.