H E B Customer Service Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

1.8

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Process took about two months total. I was called in for a group interview. The group interview had about 10 people total we where given name tags and we had to introduce ourselves. After that we had to draw a picture of what we would be doing at heb with a scenario card and a situation. I was called an hour later for a second interview which was one on one and i was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer had a bag of ground meat with a bottle of bleach in it and they told you they didnt want your bagging their groceries?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B.

Interview

Called me a few weeks later when I applied online, got the first interview set up and was all about getting to know me and identifying what was going on in photos in a picturebook, passed the first phase and then a few days later got a call to meet and be interview with the store director. I asked a lot about the activities of the store and is it on a daily basis. It was all about getting to know me and how I respond to challenges and would be proactive in the store events. Then on the spot the director asked me to allow a background check and then when it came back they would schedule me for new hire paperwork. Was so excited! Came back three days later and signed all the paperwork during orientation and then was trained and then scheduled to work within a few days.

Interview Questions

• I don't think they were any too difficult questions. But they asked these which could give challenge. What was the most fulfilling thing you have done and when do you go out of your way to help someone and to explain.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview with an in-person interview the next morning. They ask questions you'd expect- why you want to work for HEB, what you think makes HEB stand out from other stores, what you like about customer service, what traits you think someone in this position should have, etc. They also showed a couple photos of situations and asked what you would do if you were in them.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult part about customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay rate is set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I was called on Tuesday, Sept. 16 for a interview the next evening. Group Interview on Wed, Sept. 17. The hiring manager definitely wants to see a lot of personality & how you work with others. Individually, we answered the same questions in front of everyone. As a group, we had to create a commercial with combo loco deals. On Thurs, Sept 18, I received a call that evening inviting me to an interview for the following Thursday, Sept. 25. During the second interview, I was asked basic questions like why do I want to work for HEB, personality traits, & what would I contribute. I was then offered the job & signed for a background check. I received a call on Tuesday, Oct 7, stating that I was eligible for hire & asking if I could come in at 8am on Oct. 8 for orientation. At the orientation, we watched an hour long interview, signed paperwork, and received our name tags and t-shirts. Now I have to do the training later this week. I'm excited I got the job!

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Interview

I applied online , I had a friend who works there give my name to the manager and after a week I got a call asking to come in for a group interview on a Saturday. It was about five of us and we had to do the basics of drawing where we thought we'd be etc, making a commercial and introducing ourselves. Afterwards they told us they'd do calls for second interviews and I received my phone call Monday for my second interview that Thursday. It was much more relaxed, they asked the basic questions and scenarios about handling irate customers and things of that nature. My interviewer was really funny. Mainly they're looking for someone with a bright personality. Then I was told if they were interested I'd get a call to come in and sign for a background check. I received the call Monday and came in and signed, from there they said if everything goes smooth they'd call me in to sign the final paperwork, which they called today so I'll be coming in Friday to do so. Overall the process takes a lot of patience but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• You are working in the express line as a cashier. Someone comes in the line with 30+ items and you see the other customers behind rolling their eyes and groaning. How do you handle this ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any, it's pretty much set in stone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H E B (McAllen, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Three interview process. First interview is with the CCOM ( the person that makes your schedule and boss) they ask you what you know about the company and show you a book of things around the store and people working and ask what you see in those pictures. Second interview is with the Unit Director, he just asks things about you to get to know you better and judges your character and communication skills. Third interview is with the Store Manager, if you made it this far you've basically got the job, unless you make some kind of humongous error, he basically welcomes you to the store and shows you around.

Interview Questions

• Look at this book. Please tell me what you see in detail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can usually only negotiate your hours. If you have school be sure to mention that and they will work with you without a problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I search through heb career and found the opening for Customer Service Assistant, I applied for the position and was called after some weeks for an interview. It was a group thing and they just wanted to know about you and what you can do for heb.

Interview Questions

• We were given two plain sheets of paper and two crayons and asked to form a name tag and creat a picture of what we will do at heb. We were divided into groups and asked to sell some products.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have just been called for the 1:1 interview.i will accept the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at H E B (Spring, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied online. 9-10 other people in the interview with 3 managers. We had to work together to make a special/meal deal out of 2-3 items. Then we had to try to sell one of the items to a manager posing as a customer. And finally, they asked us what dept. we'd least like to work in.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle (insert generic grocery store problem here)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

They called me and did a phone interview. Easy questions. After that I was called in for a group interview. They made you draw pictures of the position you are applying to and sell an item in a box to the managers. It's just to see how your personality is and if it fits with the company. If they like you, then they call you back for the 1:1 interview. Just a basic interview, dress nicely. They don't ask for a resume or anything. Then you wait until they call you back to do paperwork. Everyone was nice and the offices were all clean. I think friendliness is a requirement to work there.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult decisions you ever made?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. He said you are getting paid minimum wage, that's it.