H E B Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Really easy. Group interview to see how outgoing you are and how you work with others. After you pass the first round you usually have another one on one interview with the head of the department you are going to work in.

Interview Questions

• Try to sell us this product.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call back 3 days mater for an interview that would be the next day. Went to the interview and he made me do it in the back stocking room which was loud and i was unable to concentrate. He told me he didnt have time for the whole interview so he only did some of the questions. Took about 10 minutes or so. Told me he would call me if i got the job or not. I never received any phone calls.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer that is complaining they have a hole in a product they just purchased?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

5 minutes of situational question. instances where you didnt get along with someone and how to managed anyway. they just want to get to know you and see if you will be a slow worker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at H E B (Spring, TX).

Interview

You do a group interview, and they split you up and give you scenarios. and you group performs them in front of everyone first then a solo interview asking situational questions and what you would do

Interview Questions

• When have you worked as a leader of a group?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Your a bagger here is 6.35

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B.

Interview

You apply online. A week or so later, I got a call for a group interview. In the interview, they go around in a circle and ask questions about yourself. You have to sell a "product" that they give you. A couple days later, I get a call for a second one-on-one interview with a service manager (your soon-to-be boss). I was asked normal interview questions from a checklist. It was surprisingly easy, just be confident and eager to work. They want hard workers. I was offered a spot at the end of the second interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer after a product becomes damaged?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Tell me about yourself and why HEB

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H E B (Katy, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

They do a group interview with other candidates for all kinds of positions and we were to go around the room and speak one by one answering questions they ask us all.

Interview Questions

• What would you see yourself doing for the customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Interview

Went in for a 1 on 1 interview. No phone interview, no "group" intervew like people say. Interview was at 1pm. Waited in office until 1:25 or so... Finally met lady, asked some general questions: Tell me about yourself, stengths, weaknesses etc. Also a few unexpected questions such as: Tell me about a time you had an issue at a Retail Store. Then how would YOU improve the situation if you were the worker at that store. Lady asked me if i was nervous, i wasn't...until she asked that. She liked me a lot, i could tell, we talked and smiled etc. It was flowing pretty well acutally, didn't even seem like an interview, really informal. Asked me how much time i could commit, then came the bad part: she asked me my major (im a college student), as soon as i said "Mechanical Engineer" everything changed, she became uninterested as she ASSUMED i would not have time to commit at HEB and would leave in like 2-3 weeks bc of school. Apparently i wasn't qualified to bag.... She told me they were intervewing 21 people and only hiring 1....1! If she told me that before going to the interview i wouldn't even bother. Overall though, this was just one bad interview. In general HEB is a decent place with nice people, this was just an isolated case. Dealing with hard people is part of life and I feel i still learned form this interview, though i clearly didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Lets say you are at the cashier at an express lane (for 10 items), and a person of 20+ items comes up and have already unloaded their cart. There is also a person behind them with 5 items, and they look really mad that someone infront of them has 20+ items in an express lane. What would you do?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H E B in January 2010.

Interview

This was the most grueling interview process I have ever undergone. Multiple interviews and screenings, personality tests disguised as games, group and 1 on 1. The work culture demands total commitment to the job--if your availability isn't midnight to midnight, if you go to school, have a family, or have a life be prepared to pay the consequences: minimal hours to the tune of as low as 4 per week.

Interview Questions

• Is there ever a reason to miss work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate nothing. Looking back taking the job was a bad decision.