H E B Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

5 minutes of situational question. instances where you didnt get along with someone and how to managed anyway. they just want to get to know you and see if you will be a slow worker

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B.

You do a group interview, and they split you up and give you scenarios. and you group performs them in front of everyone first then a solo interview asking situational questions and what you would do

Interview Questions
    • When have you worked as a leader of a group?   View Answer
    Your a bagger here is 6.35

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B.

You apply online. A week or so later, I got a call for a group interview. In the interview, they go around in a circle and ask questions about yourself. You have to sell a "product" that they give you. A couple days later, I get a call for a second one-on-one interview with a service manager (your soon-to-be boss). I was asked normal interview questions from a checklist. It was surprisingly easy, just be confident and eager to work. They want hard workers. I was offered a spot at the end of the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an angry customer after a product becomes damaged?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Tell me about yourself and why HEB

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Went in for a 1 on 1 interview. No phone interview, no "group" intervew like people say.
    Interview was at 1pm. Waited in office until 1:25 or so...
    Finally met lady, asked some general questions:
    Tell me about yourself, stengths, weaknesses etc.
    Also a few unexpected questions such as:
    Tell me about a time you had an issue at a Retail Store.
    Then how would YOU improve the situation if you were the worker at that store.

Lady asked me if i was nervous, i wasn't...until she asked that.
    She liked me a lot, i could tell, we talked and smiled etc. It was flowing pretty well acutally, didn't even seem like an interview, really informal.

Asked me how much time i could commit, then came the bad part:
    she asked me my major (im a college student), as soon as i said "Mechanical Engineer" everything changed, she became uninterested as she ASSUMED i would not have time to commit at HEB and would leave in like 2-3 weeks bc of school.

Apparently i wasn't qualified to bag....
    She told me they were intervewing 21 people and only hiring 1....1!
    If she told me that before going to the interview i wouldn't even bother.

Overall though, this was just one bad interview. In general HEB is a decent place with nice people, this was just an isolated case. Dealing with hard people is part of life and I feel i still learned form this interview, though i clearly didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Lets say you are at the cashier at an express lane (for 10 items), and a person of 20+ items comes up and have already unloaded their cart. There is also a person behind them with 5 items, and they look really mad that someone infront of them has 20+ items in an express lane.
      What would you do?
        View Answers (2)

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H E B in January 2010.

This was the most grueling interview process I have ever undergone. Multiple interviews and screenings, personality tests disguised as games, group and 1 on 1. The work culture demands total commitment to the job--if your availability isn't midnight to midnight, if you go to school, have a family, or have a life be prepared to pay the consequences: minimal hours to the tune of as low as 4 per week.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate nothing. Looking back taking the job was a bad decision.