H E B HEB Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.0

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in October 2014.

I applied online after I was in the store and saw signs up that they were hiring. I received a phone call the next day from a lady who asked if I had time to answer some questions. She had all my work history in front of her, and asked me if I worked at each place. Which I thought was weird because it was all yes/no questions. "I see you used to work at this restaurant, is that correct?" - "Yes Ma'am" - "And before that you worked at this place, correct?" - "Yes Ma'am"

After "verifying" my work history, she asked me what I thought it took to be a cashier at HEB. And then she said "fabulous! Well I'm doing pre-screen phone interviews, and will call potential candidates by the end of the week for in-store interviews. If you don't hear anything by Friday, you can assume you didn't get the job."

Ten minutes after this phone call I received a rejection email.

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in League City, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B in August 2014.

Initial contact was very warm. Group interview was different. They start off by saying they only want the best and that you can apply form more than one job at any given store. I did not get past the first interview so I put in for a different department. At this group they asked if anyone had been to a group interview before and where. I told them at this location and I was told I had to leave and could not participate in the group interview. I was then met with as assistant manager that told me I was not suppose to be able to apply for a different job at this store and he did not know why I had been able to do so. He told me he would call me or have someone else call me and explain it to me. A week later I received the same generic turn down e-mail. No explanation. I can still go into the H E B site and apply for jobs. Very disappointing considering the reputation that H E B has

Interview Questions
    • The questions seemed to be generic employment questions   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Simple. Asked a page full of questions. they ask how many times you called in late. they want to know if your in school. They want open availability. Very basic interview. I got asked for a second interview at the end of my first interview

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

apply online, within 2 weeks I got a call to set up a interview. meet with a manager and if they choose to hire you they will start the paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you've had with a customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

My interview was different than any other ones. It was more of a group interview. I was in a small room with about 13 people. Asking questions like why you want them to hire you, job experience, a little about yourself, and you had to answer in front of everybody else.

Interview Questions
    • I received a test to convince to buy a product from HEB to a customer.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Filled out an application, got a call for an interview, group interview setting, met in conference room with approximately 10 other people and received a synopsis of the company, were then asked questions and asked to draw certain pictures of what we expected our job at HEB to be like

Interview Questions
    • Received a food item and had to give a brief commercial about it   Answer Question
    Occurred right after the interview

HEB Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at H E B in January 2012.

Was told about it by a friend and applied. Gave them my details and got a call later saying that I would get an interview. I got my interview and then went and completed it without too much hassle. Pretty standard.

none.

HEB Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in August 2011.

Applications are submitted via company web site. Applicant must apply to each job they are interested in separately. When called in for an interview, you are up against current HEB employees who have first chance at all job openings. Once through the initial interview, if they are interested, you will immediately get a second interview with another person. If you don't get that second interview, it's almost certain that you won't get an offer.

There is no negotiation. Starting wages for all positions are set in stone. All company procedures are final.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B in June 2011.

One on one interview, typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to overcome a problem as a team.
      Name a time you had to overcome a personal problem.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. Wages are set by corporate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I applied online – interviewed at H E B in February 2011.

They'll start you off with a group interview, fairly generic stuff. In some cases the group is given paper and drawing material (no joke) and asked to draw out the answers to questions. You're called back for a second or hired on the spot, depending on the competition for the position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too difficult, it was all about how you'd treat customers in high stress scenarios.   Answer Question