H E B HEB Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at H E B.

Simple. Asked a page full of questions. they ask how many times you called in late. they want to know if your in school. They want open availability. Very basic interview. I got asked for a second interview at the end of my first interview

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

I interviewed online - interviewed at H E B.

apply online, within 2 weeks I got a call to set up a interview. meet with a manager and if they choose to hire you they will start the paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you've had with a customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

I interviewed online - interviewed at H E B.

My interview was different than any other ones. It was more of a group interview. I was in a small room with about 13 people. Asking questions like why you want them to hire you, job experience, a little about yourself, and you had to answer in front of everybody else.

Interview Questions
    • I received a test to convince to buy a product from HEB to a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B in May 2010.

Very simple process. Drop a resume, and follow up with calls until they get back to you about an interview. Then, a simple one on one interview. This isn't rocket science.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about how you would handle difficult customer interactions. Definitely some hypothetical situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B in June 2011.

One on one interview, typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to overcome a problem as a team.
      Name a time you had to overcome a personal problem.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. Wages are set by corporate.

I interviewed online - interviewed at H E B.

Filled out an application, got a call for an interview, group interview setting, met in conference room with approximately 10 other people and received a synopsis of the company, were then asked questions and asked to draw certain pictures of what we expected our job at HEB to be like

Interview Questions
    • Received a food item and had to give a brief commercial about it   Answer Question
    Occurred right after the interview

HEB Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at H E B in August 2011.

Applications are submitted via company web site. Applicant must apply to each job they are interested in separately. When called in for an interview, you are up against current HEB employees who have first chance at all job openings. Once through the initial interview, if they are interested, you will immediately get a second interview with another person. If you don't get that second interview, it's almost certain that you won't get an offer.

There is no negotiation. Starting wages for all positions are set in stone. All company procedures are final.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at H E B in February 2011.

They'll start you off with a group interview, fairly generic stuff. In some cases the group is given paper and drawing material (no joke) and asked to draw out the answers to questions. You're called back for a second or hired on the spot, depending on the competition for the position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too difficult, it was all about how you'd treat customers in high stress scenarios.   Answer Question

Worked for H E B? Contribute to the Community!