H E B HEB Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.2

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Interview

It was really bad they said they will get the person with more experience And since I haven't had a job everyone else "looked better".they did not put attention when I was speaking and they had a really bad attitude.they asked too personal questions like ...."are you still with the father of your children?"..."why not?"

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went out of your way to help someone   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B (Missouri City, TX).

Interview

Was called in to do a group interview for an HEB grand opening. It was pretty cool. We had to do these little activities...i guess for them to gauge or ability to work with a team..It was actually pretty fun.

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online after I was in the store and saw signs up that they were hiring. I received a phone call the next day from a lady who asked if I had time to answer some questions. She had all my work history in front of her, and asked me if I worked at each place. Which I thought was weird because it was all yes/no questions. "I see you used to work at this restaurant, is that correct?" - "Yes Ma'am" - "And before that you worked at this place, correct?" - "Yes Ma'am"

After "verifying" my work history, she asked me what I thought it took to be a cashier at HEB. And then she said "fabulous! Well I'm doing pre-screen phone interviews, and will call potential candidates by the end of the week for in-store interviews. If you don't hear anything by Friday, you can assume you didn't get the job."

Ten minutes after this phone call I received a rejection email.

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B (League City, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was very warm. Group interview was different. They start off by saying they only want the best and that you can apply form more than one job at any given store. I did not get past the first interview so I put in for a different department. At this group they asked if anyone had been to a group interview before and where. I told them at this location and I was told I had to leave and could not participate in the group interview. I was then met with as assistant manager that told me I was not suppose to be able to apply for a different job at this store and he did not know why I had been able to do so. He told me he would call me or have someone else call me and explain it to me. A week later I received the same generic turn down e-mail. No explanation. I can still go into the H E B site and apply for jobs. Very disappointing considering the reputation that H E B has

Interview Questions

• The questions seemed to be generic employment questions   Answer Question

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX).

Interview

Simple. Asked a page full of questions. they ask how many times you called in late. they want to know if your in school. They want open availability. Very basic interview. I got asked for a second interview at the end of my first interview

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Interview

apply online, within 2 weeks I got a call to set up a interview. meet with a manager and if they choose to hire you they will start the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've had with a customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Interview

My interview was different than any other ones. It was more of a group interview. I was in a small room with about 13 people. Asking questions like why you want them to hire you, job experience, a little about yourself, and you had to answer in front of everybody else.

Interview Questions

• I received a test to convince to buy a product from HEB to a customer.   Answer Question

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Filled out an application, got a call for an interview, group interview setting, met in conference room with approximately 10 other people and received a synopsis of the company, were then asked questions and asked to draw certain pictures of what we expected our job at HEB to be like

Interview Questions

• Received a food item and had to give a brief commercial about it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Occurred right after the interview

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at H E B in January 2012.

Interview

Was told about it by a friend and applied. Gave them my details and got a call later saying that I would get an interview. I got my interview and then went and completed it without too much hassle. Pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

none.

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in August 2011.

Interview

Applications are submitted via company web site. Applicant must apply to each job they are interested in separately. When called in for an interview, you are up against current HEB employees who have first chance at all job openings. Once through the initial interview, if they are interested, you will immediately get a second interview with another person. If you don't get that second interview, it's almost certain that you won't get an offer.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Starting wages for all positions are set in stone. All company procedures are final.