H E B Interview Questions

2.5

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Group interview
    Make a nametag
    Draw what you see yourself doing at Heb and how you plan to move up in the company
    Pretend to Sell an Heb brand product
    2nd interview is one on one with the service manager asks you questiins like why do you wanna work for heb what qualities you would look for in a group member just normal interview questions then third interview with another manager then job offer. 3rd interview was prettymuch the same schedule you to cone in to do paperwork make sure you bring your banking info for your paycheck social and drivers license

Central Checkout Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Harmless and positive. I felt very comfortable with the interviewer, and the questions were not invasive or overly scrutinizing. It was a simple experience. Be honest, explain your goals and your reason for applying, and try to show some integrity. The culture of HEB is paramount to acquiring a position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself working here long term?   View Answer

CSA Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at H E B.

They called me back 5 days later. They showed me a book full of situations and you had to describe what's going on. and then just asked why I'm interested in working here and my interests. Then I got a second interview that day. They Just asked A bunch of questions. Take time to think about them. Its more about how you helped people and if you like dealing with costumers.

HEB Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

It was really bad they said they will get the person with more experience And since I haven't had a job everyone else "looked better".they did not put attention when I was speaking and they had a really bad attitude.they asked too personal questions like ...."are you still with the father of your children?"..."why not?"

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you went out of your way to help someone   Answer Question

HEB Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Was called in to do a group interview for an HEB grand opening. It was pretty cool. We had to do these little activities...i guess for them to gauge or ability to work with a team..It was actually pretty fun.

Management Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in February 2015.

initial phone interview, results will be forwarded to region managers who will decide if they want to continue the hiring process with a more formal interview. the second interview is the harder one and it is then followed with a final interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you change a process that was already in place   View Answer

Cooking Coach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at H E B in February 2015.

Interview was easy, interviewed first with the dep manager, asked my questions that about my resume and job application. Also about work history. Was accepted for the second round of interviews, which were group interviews. If your not afraid to speak in public you should be fine. They like putting people outside of their comfort zone, but it was easy and straightforward. Pretty much give you a paper with questions that they want you to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a moment where you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Got a call about 2 weeks after i applied.
    Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes.
    I got asked to come in the next day for a one on one interview.
    Interview lasted about 1 hour.
    Got offered the job on the spot.
    Background check took about 2 days.
    I started yesterday :)

Night Stocker Interview

You always greet the person, talk about work background as it relates to the position you applying for, ask questions regarding what are the department goals and what's expected of you

I was asked questions about my past work experience and my attendance

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were more like trying to match experience with expected wages

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B.

I filled out a detailed application online, then about A week later I was contacted by a manager and did an impromptu interview over the phone. I was contacted about a week later to come into the local hen for an on-site interview. This interview was as much a job orientation as it was an interview. I was shown the ropes of the trade and before I left was told I could start within the following week.