H E B

2.5

HEB Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Was called in to do a group interview for an HEB grand opening. It was pretty cool. We had to do these little activities...i guess for them to gauge or ability to work with a team..It was actually pretty fun.

Management Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in February 2015.

initial phone interview, results will be forwarded to region managers who will decide if they want to continue the hiring process with a more formal interview. the second interview is the harder one and it is then followed with a final interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you change a process that was already in place   View Answer

Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at H E B in February 2015.

Got a call about 2 weeks after i applied.
    Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes.
    I got asked to come in the next day for a one on one interview.
    Interview lasted about 1 hour.
    Got offered the job on the spot.
    Background check took about 2 days.
    I started yesterday :)

Night Stocker Interview

You always greet the person, talk about work background as it relates to the position you applying for, ask questions regarding what are the department goals and what's expected of you

I was asked questions about my past work experience and my attendance

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were more like trying to match experience with expected wages

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B.

I filled out a detailed application online, then about A week later I was contacted by a manager and did an impromptu interview over the phone. I was contacted about a week later to come into the local hen for an on-site interview. This interview was as much a job orientation as it was an interview. I was shown the ropes of the trade and before I left was told I could start within the following week.

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H E B.

First step was that I put my application online, there was a group interview a little annoying because it was more public. The group interview had a bunch of managers looking back now feels like a bunch of people looking at your weakness almost trying to make you trip somewhat reflects the management system now.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions really just trying to ask if you will go out of your way for customers   View Answer
    don't take the job it really not worth it, the managers think they are offering a lot but in reality working overnight stocker sucks,

Accounting/Finance Specialist III Interview

First Interview was a panel interview with 3 people which was kind of nerve racking but everyone in the interview room was very laid back. Second interview is with the controller; make sure you have a great question for them to answer.

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Basic Questions. First was a phone call to confirm interview. Got it at 4 then attented. Such questions as describe yourself, a time you helped someone, how can you contribute to the company. I had to sell a product after presenting myself toward managers and group.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B in December 2014.

I applied online. I got a call back 3 days mater for an interview that would be the next day. Went to the interview and he made me do it in the back stocking room which was loud and i was unable to concentrate. He told me he didnt have time for the whole interview so he only did some of the questions. Took about 10 minutes or so. Told me he would call me if i got the job or not. I never received any phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to a customer that is complaining they have a hole in a product they just purchased?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B.

I was brought into a room with about 10 other people and we all introduced ourselves out loud. Then we drew a picture of where we saw ourselves working in the store and then we sold the product we had in front of us to the group