H E B

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.5

Bagger Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in March 2011.

Group/Panel Interview NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL AT ALL! Step 1 you are call in a room with 4 "JUDGES" they ask you to draw a picture of the position you applied for with a crayon.Step 2 you have to sing a rap song about one of there products.Step 3 you and 6 others have to sell a meal deal to the "JUDGES" Step 4 the "JUDGES" go to the next room to see who go to the next round.TRUST me you better sing or you wont be going to the next round....

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H E B in August 2011.

I applied online and received a phone call inviting me to a "Group Interview". I dressed in business casual since I was applying for a cashier position. This is the first time I'd ever heard of a "Group Interview", and to be honest I have absolutely no idea what the interview team was looking for, but apparently not me. I received an email the next day telling me that they were going another direction, in other words - I didn't make the grade.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H E B in January 2010.

This was the most grueling interview process I have ever undergone. Multiple interviews and screenings, personality tests disguised as games, group and 1 on 1. The work culture demands total commitment to the job--if your availability isn't midnight to midnight, if you go to school, have a family, or have a life be prepared to pay the consequences: minimal hours to the tune of as low as 4 per week.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate nothing. Looking back taking the job was a bad decision.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

I applied online for the customer service position. I did not receive a call or any contact for an interview other than an email stating that my application would not be moving forward.

Accelerated Software Developber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in November 2013.

The interview was with three of the managers in the program

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at H E B in February 2014.

The beginning of the process was smooth asking questions in general about yourself and retail knowledge. The final interview with VP was not built on the leadership position. Much more difficult having to answer questions that make no sence

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B in May 2012.

After I applied, I got a call the next day asking to come in for a group interview. The group interview includes a little introduction, why you want to work for the company, what makes a good employee, and then you sell an item (which they place in front of you) to the managers. Then, after the interview is done, you will be notified if you made it to the one-on-one interview with the Operations manager. She will just ask basic questions and if you volunteer, what are three reasons to miss work?

Interview Questions
    She asked how much I wanted to get paid, and i just said the minimum.

Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leander, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leander, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in March 2011.

The interviewee was a few minutes late, as she was on the phone. She took me in an office where other employees were sitting and this made me uncomfortable. She did not smile or try to put me at ease. She seemed wary of every answer I gave to her questions, such as how did I "get" this job and the next job. I wasn't sure what she was looking for and said simply, "I applied and was selected." Then she asked how many days of work I had missed in past year. I'm sure she was fishing about how many times I called in sick, not vacation, but I told her I was always at work and seldom out. She was not personable and the whole interview was uncomfortable to me. She came across as not liking me from the on-set. I had a hard times establishing a repoire with this manager. I was not selected for a job. She probably thought I was over qualified.

Interview Questions
    • How did I "get" each job, the interviewer asked.   View Answer
    • How many days I missed at the job this past year.   View Answer

STORE LP Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H E B in August 2009.

The hiring process was deceiving and lacked professional selection processes experience of the interviewer. Advertisement and posting for job selection was improperly worded. Personnel and management teams were hurriedly sorting and screening out potential applicants for their color, gender and aloofness. Perhaps to see if they can better control the applicant and their experience. Be wary of false inducements and promises by management. They will not keep them and will not commit themselves in writing to what they have to offer you.

Interview Questions
    • What type of experience have you had in your life time? You may be over qualified for work at HEB.   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work for HEB? And what makes you qualified to work for HEB?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in February 2009.

Lots of branding example questions
    Scenario analysis: give you branding case study for you to analyze