H E B

Average Difficulty
145 candidate interviews

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 5 months - interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – From the time of the application was submitted to the first interview was two months. First interview was with a human resource representative. Next interview was a month later and was a group interview. There were three more interviews over the next two months. Total time took five months.

Interview Question – What was a time you followed standard company procedures even though others wanted you to take a shortcut?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Tam Leader Interview

Tam Leader

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – Intense. They didn't care if you knew the job description, just that they liked you. Everyone was very nice, but only one person explained the job. Be prepared to move around.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at HEB?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. I asked when I can start.

Finance Analyst - Operations - HEB Headquarters Interview

Finance Analyst - Operations - HEB Headquarters
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at H E B in June 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR after filling out a lengthy job application on their website. The application also asked to fill out an assessment, which took about 20-30 minutes. Contacted about 20-30 days after filling out the job application. I was initially contacted by someone in HR who asked general questions. He then emailed 7 days later to request a 'conference call via skype' interview with hiring manager.
Interview with hiring manager and potential co-worker was mostly to get to know each other and figure out if there was a culture fit. They also asked about previous work experience and examples.

After my interview with them, NO FURTHER replies or feedback after multiple attempts, from either the hiring manager or the HR contact. Very typical of unprofessional HR organizations

Interview Question – Interview was done via Skype, so I had to setup an account to be able to have the interview.   Answer Question

Shelf Edge Specialist Interview

Shelf Edge Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H E B in August 2012.

Interview Details – Online application. Was called for a group interview with about a dozen other people. Asked to draw a picture of ourselves in the position we would like to have. Asked which department we would NOT like to work in and why. Put in groups of 4-5 and given a variety of grocery items to choose from with the task of coming up with a Combo Loco deal (ie buy these items, get these items free) and then had to 'sell' our deal to them. Called later the same day to set up an interview with department manager and store director.

Interview Question – Tell them a time when I had made a mistake at work, and what I did to fix it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Spring, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – You do a group interview, and they split you up and give you scenarios. and you group performs them in front of everyone first then a solo interview asking situational questions and what you would do

Interview Question – When have you worked as a leader of a group?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Your a bagger here is 6.35

Very Easy Interview

Order Selector Interview

Order Selector

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – I went to the warehouse one day for a job fair type deal. What they did was set up a few tables like speed interview. I interviewed with a supervisor then a few of the trainers. Before i knew it the whole thing was over.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult. The questions were all basic.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

Interviewed at H E B

Interview Details – As long as you did well in college you will have nothing to fear. As my background is in accounting, the thing that mattered the most is my 4.0. Extra curricular activities are good, but they are just that, extra curricular.
As any accountant should know, social graces and the ability to explain how things work are divine attributes to acquire and display during the hiring process.

Interview Question – How many ping pongs balls would it take to fill a 747?

The purpose of this question was not to "know" the answer, but show how you would figure it out.
  Answer Question

CSA Interview

CSA
Waco, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H E B in May 2012.

Interview Details – After I applied, I got a call the next day asking to come in for a group interview. The group interview includes a little introduction, why you want to work for the company, what makes a good employee, and then you sell an item (which they place in front of you) to the managers. Then, after the interview is done, you will be notified if you made it to the one-on-one interview with the Operations manager. She will just ask basic questions and if you volunteer, what are three reasons to miss work?

Interview Question – What are 3 reasons to miss work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – She asked how much I wanted to get paid, and i just said the minimum.

HEB Cashier Interview

HEB Cashier
Austin, TX

I applied online and interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – Simple. Asked a page full of questions. they ask how many times you called in late. they want to know if your in school. They want open availability. Very basic interview. I got asked for a second interview at the end of my first interview

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in customer service.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at H E B in February 2014.

Interview Details – The beginning of the process was smooth asking questions in general about yourself and retail knowledge. The final interview with VP was not built on the leadership position. Much more difficult having to answer questions that make no sence

Interview Question – Final interview   Answer Question

Worked for H E B? Contribute to the Community!