H E B

128 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – It took them about Two hours after i submitted my application to call me for an interview. ONce there i talked to one of teh genral managers. The interview was easy, asked me basic about you questions, and then they showed me some pictures and told me to give my output on the pictures. After that interetview i was immeaditly sent to another one the same day. Then after talking to another manager they asked me to come back tomorow for another interview with the store manager. When i talked to him, he was really nice and calmed. All teh interview was seeing if i was a "good fit" for the job. and after that i was handed some paper work to fill out and i was sent off to training ( that took four days 8 hours) then i was put on the stands.

Interview Question – It was all really simple and easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for the pay. But they did give me what i asked for in my application.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Customer Service Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – I applied online , I had a friend who works there give my name to the manager and after a week I got a call asking to come in for a group interview on a Saturday. It was about five of us and we had to do the basics of drawing where we thought we'd be etc, making a commercial and introducing ourselves. Afterwards they told us they'd do calls for second interviews and I received my phone call Monday for my second interview that Thursday. It was much more relaxed, they asked the basic questions and scenarios about handling irate customers and things of that nature. My interviewer was really funny. Mainly they're looking for someone with a bright personality. Then I was told if they were interested I'd get a call to come in and sign for a background check. I received the call Monday and came in and signed, from there they said if everything goes smooth they'd call me in to sign the final paperwork, which they called today so I'll be coming in Friday to do so. Overall the process takes a lot of patience but nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – You are working in the express line as a cashier. Someone comes in the line with 30+ items and you see the other customers behind rolling their eyes and groaning. How do you handle this ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any, it's pretty much set in stone.

Delivery Operations Intern Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – Four interviews: 3 phone interviews and one in person interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you brought a team together to achieve a common goal.   View Answer

Checker Interview

Spring Branch, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H E B in October 2009.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews?? don't quote me, then the final one I was hired after just graduating high school.

Interview Question – none, just be prepared!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really because of lack of experience so I could not negotiate hourly wage.

Cashie Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H E B in February 2009.

Interview Details – 3 interviews fairly easy just smile a lot

Interview Question – Where does your current employer think you are?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't choose to negotiate

Perishable Representative Interview

College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H E B in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online at the HEB website. One week later I got a call telling me to come in for a group interview in 4 days. There were 16 people there total (2 made the cut). They basically made us go around and introduce ourselves and state our work experience / expectations. After that we got paired into groups of 4 and were required to "sell" a combo deal to the 3 interviewers. My group went first so we got to see how everyone else did, we did pretty bad overall as a group on this project. Next they made each of us pick a random item around the room, then we had to proceed to "sell" that item to the rest of the group. I chose a disposable plate and utensil set. I think I did a good job on this segment. After that they ended the interview and sent us on our way. I stayed behind to thank them for the opportunity and inform them I look forward to hearing back. I got a call about an hour later asking me to come in for a solo interview. When I got there I was in an office with the two produce managers. They asked me basic questions about my work experience, expectations, and how I would handle certain experiences. I did exceptionally well with this interview I believe. About one day later I got a call telling me I got the job and asking if I could come in the next Tuesday to fill out some basic paperwork.

Interview Question – How would you handle one of us (the managers) coming up and telling you to do something that you completely disagree with and think there is a better way to handle the situation?   View Answer

HEB Cashier Interview

HEB Cashier
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B in June 2011.

Interview Details – One on one interview, typical interview questions.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to overcome a problem as a team.
Name a time you had to overcome a personal problem.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Wages are set by corporate.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at H E B in June 2009.

Interview Details – There are usually 3 interviews. The first is the phone interview. Second is with your department manager. The last is a group interview with store leadership.

Interview Question – What's your favorite kind of soda?   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Checker
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call 3 days later for a group interview. The group interview was with store managers and 7 other applicants. The interview consisted of drawing what you see yourself doing at H-E-B, selling an item to a customer and what jobs you would/wouldn't like to do. I received a call about 3 days later for a 1:1 interview I was asked a series of questions like "Why do you want to work for H-E-B?" Etc.. I got a call saying a got the job but I needed to do a background check first this took about a week. I came in to do new hire paperwork and I have orientation Tuesday.

Interview Question – What would you do with irate customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not sure yet. I will find out all details at orientation.

CSA Interview

Tomball, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – After applying online you will receive a call to schedule an interview. The first interview is a group interview. The second interview is with the store manager, during this interview you will most likely receive the job offer. After that they will train you and you will begin working immediately.

Interview Question – What is a task or event that you have failed at and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at H E B