H E B Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.5

School of Retail Leadership Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in April 2014.

Interview was completed at a hiring event at University of Houston. The interviewer had no personality and asked the most generic questions off of a list. While listening to my answers, she scribbled (yes, SCRIBBLED) on random places on her question book. I understand that they were interviewing several people that day, but I put forth my best effort to be there and I feel I received sub-par experience from their part.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the exact same questions you would fill out on an online application. Little to no personal interaction with the interviewee.   Answer Question

The interview was a mandatory assignment for my class and I had no real interest in the position. Other interviewees, who were actually interested, were ask the same exact questions.

HEB Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

My interview was different than any other ones. It was more of a group interview. I was in a small room with about 13 people. Asking questions like why you want them to hire you, job experience, a little about yourself, and you had to answer in front of everybody else.

Interview Questions
    • I received a test to convince to buy a product from HEB to a customer.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at H E B in February 2014.

The beginning of the process was smooth asking questions in general about yourself and retail knowledge. The final interview with VP was not built on the leadership position. Much more difficult having to answer questions that make no sence

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H E B in February 2014.

Be real, be honest. Dress for the part, and speak with confidence. HEB doesn't judge we accept everyone with open arms so this is the place to be.

Interview Questions
    • We have 3 other people interviewing for the same position what makes you stand out from them?   Answer Question

Advertising Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Lengthy process. Talked to multiple senior account executives

No negotation

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H E B.

The interview process was in a group setting which I was unprepared for but quickly adjusted to. The interview was fun as it consisted of mock selling games where we were given an item to sell to the rest of the group. At the interview the manager requested my contact phone number and I was called immediately after for an offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B.

You apply online. A week or so later, I got a call for a group interview. In the interview, they go around in a circle and ask questions about yourself. You have to sell a "product" that they give you. A couple days later, I get a call for a second one-on-one interview with a service manager (your soon-to-be boss). I was asked normal interview questions from a checklist. It was surprisingly easy, just be confident and eager to work. They want hard workers. I was offered a spot at the end of the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an angry customer after a product becomes damaged?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Vice President of Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at H E B.

Company arranged for travel and accommodations to San Antonio, Met with a number of people up to the CIO. Everyone nice and friendly except one potential peer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what you know about our company?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at H E B.

It took them about Two hours after i submitted my application to call me for an interview. ONce there i talked to one of teh genral managers. The interview was easy, asked me basic about you questions, and then they showed me some pictures and told me to give my output on the pictures. After that interetview i was immeaditly sent to another one the same day. Then after talking to another manager they asked me to come back tomorow for another interview with the store manager. When i talked to him, he was really nice and calmed. All teh interview was seeing if i was a "good fit" for the job. and after that i was handed some paper work to fill out and i was sent off to training ( that took four days 8 hours) then i was put on the stands.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation for the pay. But they did give me what i asked for in my application.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

I applied online , I had a friend who works there give my name to the manager and after a week I got a call asking to come in for a group interview on a Saturday. It was about five of us and we had to do the basics of drawing where we thought we'd be etc, making a commercial and introducing ourselves. Afterwards they told us they'd do calls for second interviews and I received my phone call Monday for my second interview that Thursday. It was much more relaxed, they asked the basic questions and scenarios about handling irate customers and things of that nature. My interviewer was really funny. Mainly they're looking for someone with a bright personality. Then I was told if they were interested I'd get a call to come in and sign for a background check. I received the call Monday and came in and signed, from there they said if everything goes smooth they'd call me in to sign the final paperwork, which they called today so I'll be coming in Friday to do so. Overall the process takes a lot of patience but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • You are working in the express line as a cashier. Someone comes in the line with 30+ items and you see the other customers behind rolling their eyes and groaning. How do you handle this ?   Answer Question
    There wasn't any, it's pretty much set in stone.