H E B

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.5

Over Night Stocker Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at H E B in August 2014.

Group interview for new HEB Opening. A group of 10 candidates with 2 interviewers. We were asked simple questions about our experience with the position, and split briefly into groups to preform a group activity (moving folding chairs from one place to another as a team) they were looking for communication between us, and efficiency if the jobs overall execution and completion. Followed by another group question and discussion session. Was a very friendly environment.. Even if I didn't get the job (I'll know shortly) I'm still happy I experienced an interview in the fashion.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a time where you and a co worker didn't see eye to eye   Answer Question

HEB Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX
    Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B in August 2014.

Initial contact was very warm. Group interview was different. They start off by saying they only want the best and that you can apply form more than one job at any given store. I did not get past the first interview so I put in for a different department. At this group they asked if anyone had been to a group interview before and where. I told them at this location and I was told I had to leave and could not participate in the group interview. I was then met with as assistant manager that told me I was not suppose to be able to apply for a different job at this store and he did not know why I had been able to do so. He told me he would call me or have someone else call me and explain it to me. A week later I received the same generic turn down e-mail. No explanation. I can still go into the H E B site and apply for jobs. Very disappointing considering the reputation that H E B has

Interview Questions
    • The questions seemed to be generic employment questions   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at H E B.

From the time of the application was submitted to the first interview was two months. First interview was with a human resource representative. Next interview was a month later and was a group interview. There were three more interviews over the next two months. Total time took five months.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you followed standard company procedures even though others wanted you to take a shortcut?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Tam Leader Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Intense. They didn't care if you knew the job description, just that they liked you. Everyone was very nice, but only one person explained the job. Be prepared to move around.

Interview Questions
    Simple. I asked when I can start.

Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B in July 2014.

The first interview was the phone interview - a manager will call and ask basic interview questions. Answer the questions the best you can and if they like you, they'll ask you to come in for a group interview.

At the group interview, we all sat in a semi-circle facing four managers who would later on decide who stays and who goes. The first thing we did was a little "about me" activity where we would have to present ourselves to the panel of managers and other applicants. Next, we were partnered up and did a "sell me this product" activity. You were given a random product and had to sell the product the best you could. The last activity we did was a hypothetical scenario reenactment. Each applicant was given a random scenario and was told to read it and explain/act out how they would solve the problem at hand. All in all, the group interview was surprisingly very fun. Just don't be shy, and don't be scared to get out of your comfort zone.

The final interview is a 1:1 with the UD. My UD was very laid back and seemed cool. He is the final person between you and your future career at HEB. I was asked about 10 basic interview questions. It was really easy and simple. None of the questions took me longer than 3 seconds to think about. At the end, if he likes you, you're a "GO". Be comfortable and make sure to be truthful. Bring a resume just in case!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at H-E-B?

Why should I hire you? (And not somebody else)

View Answer
    No negotiation. A base salary was set and started filling out paperwork.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B.

You do a group interview, and they split you up and give you scenarios. and you group performs them in front of everyone first then a solo interview asking situational questions and what you would do

Interview Questions
    • When have you worked as a leader of a group?   View Answer
    Your a bagger here is 6.35

Finance Analyst - Operations - HEB Headquarters Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at H E B in June 2014.

Contacted by HR after filling out a lengthy job application on their website. The application also asked to fill out an assessment, which took about 20-30 minutes. Contacted about 20-30 days after filling out the job application. I was initially contacted by someone in HR who asked general questions. He then emailed 7 days later to request a 'conference call via skype' interview with hiring manager.
    Interview with hiring manager and potential co-worker was mostly to get to know each other and figure out if there was a culture fit. They also asked about previous work experience and examples.

After my interview with them, NO FURTHER replies or feedback after multiple attempts, from either the hiring manager or the HR contact. Very typical of unprofessional HR organizations

Interview Questions
    • Interview was done via Skype, so I had to setup an account to be able to have the interview.   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H E B.

I went to the warehouse one day for a job fair type deal. What they did was set up a few tables like speed interview. I interviewed with a supervisor then a few of the trainers. Before i knew it the whole thing was over.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult. The questions were all basic.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

As long as you did well in college you will have nothing to fear. As my background is in accounting, the thing that mattered the most is my 4.0. Extra curricular activities are good, but they are just that, extra curricular.
    As any accountant should know, social graces and the ability to explain how things work are divine attributes to acquire and display during the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • How many ping pongs balls would it take to fill a 747?

The purpose of this question was not to "know" the answer, but show how you would figure it out.

Answer Question

HEB Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at H E B.

Simple. Asked a page full of questions. they ask how many times you called in late. they want to know if your in school. They want open availability. Very basic interview. I got asked for a second interview at the end of my first interview