H E B

Relevance Date Difficulty

Perishable Representative Interview

Perishable Representative
College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H E B in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online at the HEB website. One week later I got a call telling me to come in for a group interview in 4 days. There were 16 people there total (2 made the cut). They basically made us go around and introduce ourselves and state our work experience / expectations. After that we got paired into groups of 4 and were required to "sell" a combo deal to the 3 interviewers. My group went first so we got to see how everyone else did, we did pretty bad overall as a group on this project. Next they made each of us pick a random item around the room, then we had to proceed to "sell" that item to the rest of the group. I chose a disposable plate and utensil set. I think I did a good job on this segment. After that they ended the interview and sent us on our way. I stayed behind to thank them for the opportunity and inform them I look forward to hearing back. I got a call about an hour later asking me to come in for a solo interview. When I got there I was in an office with the two produce managers. They asked me basic questions about my work experience, expectations, and how I would handle certain experiences. I did exceptionally well with this interview I believe. About one day later I got a call telling me I got the job and asking if I could come in the next Tuesday to fill out some basic paperwork.

Interview Question – How would you handle one of us (the managers) coming up and telling you to do something that you completely disagree with and think there is a better way to handle the situation?   View Answer

HEB Cashier Interview

HEB Cashier
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B in June 2011.

Interview Details – One on one interview, typical interview questions.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to overcome a problem as a team.
Name a time you had to overcome a personal problem.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Wages are set by corporate.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at H E B in June 2009.

Interview Details – There are usually 3 interviews. The first is the phone interview. Second is with your department manager. The last is a group interview with store leadership.

Interview Question – What's your favorite kind of soda?   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Checker
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call 3 days later for a group interview. The group interview was with store managers and 7 other applicants. The interview consisted of drawing what you see yourself doing at H-E-B, selling an item to a customer and what jobs you would/wouldn't like to do. I received a call about 3 days later for a 1:1 interview I was asked a series of questions like "Why do you want to work for H-E-B?" Etc.. I got a call saying a got the job but I needed to do a background check first this took about a week. I came in to do new hire paperwork and I have orientation Tuesday.

Interview Question – What would you do with irate customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not sure yet. I will find out all details at orientation.

CSA Interview

CSA
Tomball, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – After applying online you will receive a call to schedule an interview. The first interview is a group interview. The second interview is with the store manager, during this interview you will most likely receive the job offer. After that they will train you and you will begin working immediately.

Interview Question – What is a task or event that you have failed at and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Accelerated Software Developber Interview

Accelerated Software Developber
San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at H E B in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was with three of the managers in the program

Interview Question – Why should we hire you if you don't know Java?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Administrative Assistant II

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – My interview was with my two immediate supervisors and then had a second interview the same day with upper store management. It was a relaxed atmosphere and friendly people. Offices are located in the same area as employee break room so the managers are easily accessible. Interview included your basic HR questions, nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Deli Associate Interview

Deli Associate

Interviewed at H E B

Interview Details – fast

Interview Question – price and sell an item   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – we would like to hire you .....we feel you would be an assest

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – A group interview consisting of judges and giving everyone task to do with crayons and paper and answering some questions during the whole thing. The interview felt pretty easy going and relaxed but unprofessional. It was like a screening into a kids clubhouse where you'd get in if you're cool enough, but for HEB it was like you needed to be bubbly. Even if you are outgoing and social, it wasn't enough. They want people with 'oh-so-wacky' personalities they can use to sell later. So if you're called for a group interview be prepared to sell yourself and lose your selfrespect.

Interview Question – Generic questions like "Why do you want to work here?", etc. and making a name tag, drawing a picture of what you see yourself doing if you were working for HEB, and sell a product to the judges.   Answer Question

HEB Cashier Interview

HEB Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at H E B.

Interview Details – Filled out an application, got a call for an interview, group interview setting, met in conference room with approximately 10 other people and received a synopsis of the company, were then asked questions and asked to draw certain pictures of what we expected our job at HEB to be like

Interview Question – Received a food item and had to give a brief commercial about it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Occurred right after the interview