H E B Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.5

Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at H E B (Round Rock, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Got a call about 2 weeks after i applied. Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes. I got asked to come in the next day for a one on one interview. Interview lasted about 1 hour. Got offered the job on the spot. Background check took about 2 days. I started yesterday :)

Cooking Coach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy, interviewed first with the dep manager, asked my questions that about my resume and job application. Also about work history. Was accepted for the second round of interviews, which were group interviews. If your not afraid to speak in public you should be fine. They like putting people outside of their comfort zone, but it was easy and straightforward. Pretty much give you a paper with questions that they want you to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment where you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Management Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

initial phone interview, results will be forwarded to region managers who will decide if they want to continue the hiring process with a more formal interview. the second interview is the harder one and it is then followed with a final interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you change a process that was already in place   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B.

Interview

I filled out a detailed application online, then about A week later I was contacted by a manager and did an impromptu interview over the phone. I was contacted about a week later to come into the local hen for an on-site interview. This interview was as much a job orientation as it was an interview. I was shown the ropes of the trade and before I left was told I could start within the following week.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at H E B.

Interview

First step was that I put my application online, there was a group interview a little annoying because it was more public. The group interview had a bunch of managers looking back now feels like a bunch of people looking at your weakness almost trying to make you trip somewhat reflects the management system now.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions really just trying to ask if you will go out of your way for customers   2 Answers

Negotiation

don't take the job it really not worth it, the managers think they are offering a lot but in reality working overnight stocker sucks,

Accounting/Finance Specialist III Interview

Interview

First Interview was a panel interview with 3 people which was kind of nerve racking but everyone in the interview room was very laid back. Second interview is with the controller; make sure you have a great question for them to answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

face to face with a interview checklist. Had a group interview, presentation, and a individual interview. If passed you then had interview with the regional manager. when passed you would go through the school of retail management.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Basic Questions. First was a phone call to confirm interview. Got it at 4 then attented. Such questions as describe yourself, a time you helped someone, how can you contribute to the company. I had to sell a product after presenting myself toward managers and group.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call back 3 days mater for an interview that would be the next day. Went to the interview and he made me do it in the back stocking room which was loud and i was unable to concentrate. He told me he didnt have time for the whole interview so he only did some of the questions. Took about 10 minutes or so. Told me he would call me if i got the job or not. I never received any phone calls.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer that is complaining they have a hole in a product they just purchased?   1 Answer

Perishables Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H E B (Pearland, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was a little bit longer than I expected. It was a group interview to begin with and when they told me and the other interviewers to be there at a certain time, we still waited around 20-30 min before the group of people who were going to interview us arrived and called us into the room. be sure be answer before everyone and be outspoken. they wont hire a quiet person that is too shy to speak to people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very simple, gave me a great offer from the beginning that I couldn't say no too.