H E B Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at H E B in June 2009.

There are usually 3 interviews. The first is the phone interview. Second is with your department manager. The last is a group interview with store leadership.

Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B in November 2013.

Applied online and received a call 3 days later for a group interview. The group interview was with store managers and 7 other applicants. The interview consisted of drawing what you see yourself doing at H-E-B, selling an item to a customer and what jobs you would/wouldn't like to do. I received a call about 3 days later for a 1:1 interview I was asked a series of questions like "Why do you want to work for H-E-B?" Etc.. I got a call saying a got the job but I needed to do a background check first this took about a week. I came in to do new hire paperwork and I have orientation Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    Not sure yet. I will find out all details at orientation.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tomball, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B.

After applying online you will receive a call to schedule an interview. The first interview is a group interview. The second interview is with the store manager, during this interview you will most likely receive the job offer. After that they will train you and you will begin working immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What is a task or event that you have failed at and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Accelerated Software Developber Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at H E B in November 2013.

The interview was with three of the managers in the program

Administrative Assistant II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at H E B.

My interview was with my two immediate supervisors and then had a second interview the same day with upper store management. It was a relaxed atmosphere and friendly people. Offices are located in the same area as employee break room so the managers are easily accessible. Interview included your basic HR questions, nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected.

There was no negotiation.

Deli Associate Interview

fast

Interview Questions
    we would like to hire you .....we feel you would be an assest

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at H E B.

A group interview consisting of judges and giving everyone task to do with crayons and paper and answering some questions during the whole thing. The interview felt pretty easy going and relaxed but unprofessional. It was like a screening into a kids clubhouse where you'd get in if you're cool enough, but for HEB it was like you needed to be bubbly. Even if you are outgoing and social, it wasn't enough. They want people with 'oh-so-wacky' personalities they can use to sell later. So if you're called for a group interview be prepared to sell yourself and lose your selfrespect.

Interview Questions
    • Generic questions like "Why do you want to work here?", etc. and making a name tag, drawing a picture of what you see yourself doing if you were working for HEB, and sell a product to the judges.   Answer Question

HEB Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at H E B.

Filled out an application, got a call for an interview, group interview setting, met in conference room with approximately 10 other people and received a synopsis of the company, were then asked questions and asked to draw certain pictures of what we expected our job at HEB to be like

Interview Questions
    • Received a food item and had to give a brief commercial about it   Answer Question
    Occurred right after the interview

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H E B in October 2013.

Overall the process takes about 3 weeks. I filled out an app online and got a call to come in for a group interview about a week later. The group interview is pretty easygoing just as long as you pay attention, ask questions, and try to be as witty as possible (they aren't looking for anyone "boring" so try to stand out). After a week, I got a call for the 1-on-1 interview which I have my tomorrow. There will be a drug test and (from what I hear) a fairly stringent background check.

Interview Questions
    • In the group interview there wasn't anything to difficult. They want to see if you know about different types of foods, how well you work with people, and if you have a friendly personality. You'll be quizzed on several random different foods, but it's not necessary to answer correctly (but it definitely can give you an edge!)   Answer Question

Checker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at H E B in October 2013.

I applied and they called me the same week asking if I was still interested in the job. I said yes and they asked what time I would be available. I had a one on one interview in the manager's office. It felt pretty casual.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question
    They don't really mind you asking questions about hours and they act like nine dollars an hour isn't nearly enough and expect you to want more (which I did not since TX min wage is 7.25). They seem to want to cater to your life.