H E B Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.5

Delivery Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at H E B.

Four interviews: 3 phone interviews and one in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you brought a team together to achieve a common goal.   View Answer

Cashie Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H E B in February 2009.

3 interviews fairly easy just smile a lot

Interview Questions
    • Where does your current employer think you are?   View Answer
    I didn't choose to negotiate

Perishable Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H E B in June 2013.

I applied online at the HEB website. One week later I got a call telling me to come in for a group interview in 4 days. There were 16 people there total (2 made the cut). They basically made us go around and introduce ourselves and state our work experience / expectations. After that we got paired into groups of 4 and were required to "sell" a combo deal to the 3 interviewers. My group went first so we got to see how everyone else did, we did pretty bad overall as a group on this project. Next they made each of us pick a random item around the room, then we had to proceed to "sell" that item to the rest of the group. I chose a disposable plate and utensil set. I think I did a good job on this segment. After that they ended the interview and sent us on our way. I stayed behind to thank them for the opportunity and inform them I look forward to hearing back. I got a call about an hour later asking me to come in for a solo interview. When I got there I was in an office with the two produce managers. They asked me basic questions about my work experience, expectations, and how I would handle certain experiences. I did exceptionally well with this interview I believe. About one day later I got a call telling me I got the job and asking if I could come in the next Tuesday to fill out some basic paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle one of us (the managers) coming up and telling you to do something that you completely disagree with and think there is a better way to handle the situation?   View Answer

HEB Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B in June 2011.

One on one interview, typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to overcome a problem as a team.
      Name a time you had to overcome a personal problem.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. Wages are set by corporate.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at H E B in June 2009.

There are usually 3 interviews. The first is the phone interview. Second is with your department manager. The last is a group interview with store leadership.

Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B in November 2013.

Applied online and received a call 3 days later for a group interview. The group interview was with store managers and 7 other applicants. The interview consisted of drawing what you see yourself doing at H-E-B, selling an item to a customer and what jobs you would/wouldn't like to do. I received a call about 3 days later for a 1:1 interview I was asked a series of questions like "Why do you want to work for H-E-B?" Etc.. I got a call saying a got the job but I needed to do a background check first this took about a week. I came in to do new hire paperwork and I have orientation Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    Not sure yet. I will find out all details at orientation.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tomball, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H E B.

After applying online you will receive a call to schedule an interview. The first interview is a group interview. The second interview is with the store manager, during this interview you will most likely receive the job offer. After that they will train you and you will begin working immediately.

Interview Questions
    • What is a task or event that you have failed at and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Accelerated Software Developber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at H E B in November 2013.

The interview was with three of the managers in the program

Administrative Assistant II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at H E B.

My interview was with my two immediate supervisors and then had a second interview the same day with upper store management. It was a relaxed atmosphere and friendly people. Offices are located in the same area as employee break room so the managers are easily accessible. Interview included your basic HR questions, nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected.

There was no negotiation.

Deli Associate Interview

fast

Interview Questions
    we would like to hire you .....we feel you would be an assest