H E B

2.8

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Basic Questions. First was a phone call to confirm interview. Got it at 4 then attented. Such questions as describe yourself, a time you helped someone, how can you contribute to the company. I had to sell a product after presenting myself toward managers and group.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H E B in October 2014.

Brief phone interview with an in-person interview the next morning. They ask questions you'd expect- why you want to work for HEB, what you think makes HEB stand out from other stores, what you like about customer service, what traits you think someone in this position should have, etc. They also showed a couple photos of situations and asked what you would do if you were in them.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult part about customer service?   Answer Question
    Pay rate is set.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H E B.

Easy, but must have open availability to get hired faster. They're looking for customer service oriented people. Tell them what they want to hear with ways you exhibit those qualities.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you handled a difficult upset customer situation...   View Answers (2)
    None. Standard wages.

Finance Analyst - Operations - HEB Headquarters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at H E B in June 2014.

Contacted by HR after filling out a lengthy job application on their website. The application also asked to fill out an assessment, which took about 20-30 minutes. Contacted about 20-30 days after filling out the job application. I was initially contacted by someone in HR who asked general questions. He then emailed 7 days later to request a 'conference call via skype' interview with hiring manager.
    Interview with hiring manager and potential co-worker was mostly to get to know each other and figure out if there was a culture fit. They also asked about previous work experience and examples.

After my interview with them, NO FURTHER replies or feedback after multiple attempts, from either the hiring manager or the HR contact. Very typical of unprofessional HR organizations

Interview Questions
    • Interview was done via Skype, so I had to setup an account to be able to have the interview.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H E B in February 2014.

Be real, be honest. Dress for the part, and speak with confidence. HEB doesn't judge we accept everyone with open arms so this is the place to be.

Interview Questions
    • We have 3 other people interviewing for the same position what makes you stand out from them?   Answer Question

Vice President of Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at H E B.

Company arranged for travel and accommodations to San Antonio, Met with a number of people up to the CIO. Everyone nice and friendly except one potential peer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what you know about our company?   View Answer

Delivery Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at H E B.

Four interviews: 3 phone interviews and one in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you brought a team together to achieve a common goal.   View Answer

Accelerated Software Developber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at H E B in November 2013.

The interview was with three of the managers in the program

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

I applied online for the customer service position. I did not receive a call or any contact for an interview other than an email stating that my application would not be moving forward.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at H E B in June 2012.

Basic interview questions, the interviewer took me on a tour of the facility showed me the actual work that the job required, and got to talk with some current employees. Received a job offer on the spot with a decent starting pay and started 2 weeks later. Was a very quick interview process, took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    Took the offer, as it was.