Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at H&M
- Part-time Sales Advisor (63)
- Sales Associate (45)
- Sales Advisor (43)
- Department Manager (16)
- Part Time Sales Advisor (15)
- Visual Merchandiser (9)
- Sales Advisor - Full Time (7)
- Business Controller (6)
- Store Manager (5)
- Department Supervisor (5)
- International Talent Program (5)
- Customer Service Agent (3)
- Full Time Sales Advisor (3)
- Business Trainee (2)
- H&M Visual Merchandiser (2)
- Assistant Buyer (2)
- IT Trainee (2)
- Cash Responsible (1)
- Merchandiser (1)
- Sales Controller (1)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (1)
- Full Time Sales Associate (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- Summer Internship (1)
- Sales Assistant (1)
- Operations Manager (1)
- Temporary Sales Advisor (1)
- Sales Advisor - 20 Hour Contract (1)
- Seasonal Sales Advisor (1)
- Women's Footwear Designer Assistant (1)
Department Supervisor Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at H&M in April 2015.
1) online application
- two assessment tests after you fill out application.
2) about two weeks later I got a call from a recruiter and had a phone interview which lasted 10-15 mins. Very easy and basic questions (though you will be asked to have examples for certain situations). Don't forget to have lots of energy even if it is over the phone.
3) Got an email three days later setting up a group interview. This is where it gets fun. During the group interview we had to do a lot of role-playing it definitely shows how you work with others and deal with stress. Not going to give any specific activities we did only because it might vary from interview to interview. Right after 4 hours they break the group off for individual interviews. Dress comfortably but fashionably. Skinny jeans and flats are great to wear.
4) got a email the very next day telling me to come in for a 1:1 interview the next week. If you get this email or call that usually means you got the job. This one lasts for about an hour and I filled out my paperwork during this one.
Total time 4 weeks
BE YOURSELF! !!!!! Have lots of energy and don't let nerves get the best of you. Tattoos and piercings are accepted (even in management roles). The recruiters and store managers you meet are very laid back and positive.
- Why do you want to work for H&M? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for H&M
Department Supervisor InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at H&M in July 2014.
I first had a phone interview with a recruiter I met thru LinkedIn and a few weeks after that she invited me to a meet and greet networking event. It was corporate members as well as local store managers. I spoke to everyone and filled out background check and did mini interviews. About a week later, I received a call from one of the managers to come in for a formal interview. Then about a week later she called me to come in again and I was offered the job. All in all the process probably took a little over a month.
I wanted more than the initial offer because of the distance from home and work and I was granted a little more.
Department Supervisor InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at H&M.
I was contacted by a recruiter and played phone tag for about a week. Once we did speak I was invited to come in for an interview. Once I arrived at the store for my interview I waited for about 30 minutes after the scheduled time i was given. Along with the recruiter was another manager who set in for the interview. After about 15 or 20 minutes they both left the room to discuss there thoughts and returned soon after. I was offered a position as a sales associate at the starting pay rate. I was convinced and "promised" the advancement opportunity for the position I actually applied for, therefore I accepted their offer.
- There weren't any difficult questions that I can recall, however, I was asked if I could be any animal in the world what would I be and why. Answer Question
Department Supervisor InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks – interviewed at H&M (Portland, OR).
I filled out an application online for a DM position. I was called by a recruiter and did a phone interview. I had 2 interviews face to face. One interview was with the recruiters, one interview was with the store manager. I was then called for a third interview and was offered a position face to face. I then had to come back and fill out paperwork before heading to training. The whole process from phone interview to signing contracts was five weeks.
I was recruited from my management position at another company and asked to participate as a sales advisor for a new market opening. I was sent to another city and put up in a hotel for five weeks training. Came back to our market and opened a store for two weeks. It took a year and half to get the advancement opportunity presented to me during my interview. I learned a lot during my time with the company,
- What was the monthly budget of the store I was currently working in? 1 Answer
They offered me lower. But I held firm at my original choice. It took them a few days to get back to me, but they caved.
Department Supervisor InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at H&M in January 2012.
Applied online, did a series of 4 interviews, then job offer.
- no difficult questions, just general interview questions. Answer Question
Ask for more, they will offer you as little as possible but expect you to move mountains.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review