H&M Department Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2014

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at H&M in July 2014.

I first had a phone interview with a recruiter I met thru LinkedIn and a few weeks after that she invited me to a meet and greet networking event. It was corporate members as well as local store managers. I spoke to everyone and filled out background check and did mini interviews. About a week later, I received a call from one of the managers to come in for a formal interview. Then about a week later she called me to come in again and I was offered the job. All in all the process probably took a little over a month.

Interview Questions
I wanted more than the initial offer because of the distance from home and work and I was granted a little more.

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at H&M.

I was contacted by a recruiter and played phone tag for about a week. Once we did speak I was invited to come in for an interview. Once I arrived at the store for my interview I waited for about 30 minutes after the scheduled time i was given. Along with the recruiter was another manager who set in for the interview. After about 15 or 20 minutes they both left the room to discuss there thoughts and returned soon after. I was offered a position as a sales associate at the starting pay rate. I was convinced and "promised" the advancement opportunity for the position I actually applied for, therefore I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions that I can recall, however, I was asked if I could be any animal in the world what would I be and why.   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M in January 2012.

Applied online, did a series of 4 interviews, then job offer.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions, just general interview questions.   Answer Question
    Ask for more, they will offer you as little as possible but expect you to move mountains.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

I filled out an application online for a DM position. I was called by a recruiter and did a phone interview. I had 2 interviews face to face. One interview was with the recruiters, one interview was with the store manager. I was then called for a third interview and was offered a position face to face. I then had to come back and fill out paperwork before heading to training. The whole process from phone interview to signing contracts was five weeks.

I was recruited from my management position at another company and asked to participate as a sales advisor for a new market opening. I was sent to another city and put up in a hotel for five weeks training. Came back to our market and opened a store for two weeks. It took a year and half to get the advancement opportunity presented to me during my interview. I learned a lot during my time with the company,

Interview Questions
    • What was the monthly budget of the store I was currently working in?   View Answer
    They offered me lower. But I held firm at my original choice. It took them a few days to get back to me, but they caved.

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!