H&M

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, NJ

I applied through other source – interviewed at H&M in November 2014.

i went to an H&M social event and got an interview there, it was pretty approachable and comfortable! It was only basic questions with regards to my interest in the job and my current situation, as well as questions about my past jobs and how I interacted with clients in both of those positions. Overall, it was definitely a pleasant experience and I felt pretty at-ease after I left.

Interview Questions
    • Whether I could go out of state for training--I said yes, since I think I could manage if the situation called for it, but it threw me for a loop   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at H&M.

the hiring process was extremely long i had to basically call and harass for a month to get specific follow up. there is a 6 hour long assessment interview after you have had a phone interview and another in person interview. the assessment is the hardest part. and you have another interview after that

Interview Questions
    i applied for a higher position i was given a lower one and still met with the pay rate i asked for

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&M.

I applied online and received a call about a month later. The hiring manager asked a few basic questions over the phone such as previous work experience, why I want to work at h&m, and how did I know they were hiring. She then asked if I was available for an interview for Friday (today). So I had my face to face interview today and was asked to fill out a background check form and asked a few simple questions. It was a pretty laid back interview, not too intense. She told me I should hear back in about a week and a half after the background check goes through. So hopefully it went well and I get the job!

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&M.

Went to a job fair! basic questions like tell me a time you went above and beyond for a costumer. Tell me a bad experience you had a job. AVAILABILITY is IMPORTANT.

Interview Questions

Did not want a seasonal job.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&M in October 2014.

Applied online got a call a couple days later. Missed the call so i called back yesterday and was asked to come in for a group interview tomorrow. Today i goes in for the interview, 5 people didnt show so it was about 8 of us . reading the reviews on here I was expecting to do activities, but we were all asked about 7 questions. 1st we had to fill out a form for a background check then we went into a room & We had to go around and answer his questions
    Tell us your name & what is you favorite scary movie.
    Name a time you provided great customer service.
    What would be your common goal here?
    If you get the job, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.
    What is your availability?
    No one was hired on the spot, but he said he would call us within a week!
    I personally think i got the job i was the only one with open availability.

Btw he called the next day and my orientation was 2 days later. At orientation i realized me & this other guy was the only 2 picked from the group interview of 8. Will be on the schedule next week so good luck! Quickest process ever, so happy i applied!

Interview Questions
    None, the pay was 11.05 more than i ever made in any job.

Seasonal Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M in October 2014.

First they email you to contact them, when you call that is considered your first interview. Then you move onto a second interview, usually group interview. And last if they're interested you have to submit a background check and get the third interview. The third interview was my job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard. Basic customer service and retail experience questions. Just be yourself and tell them about your experience in customer service and about yourself, like how you would be a great addition to the team. The interview process is very comfortable and they don't really grill you.   Answer Question
    I was initially going to ask for more because I expected the hourly wage to be like most retail stores at minimum wage and since I have experience I was looking for more, especially for the crazy holidays. But luckily they offered me what I wanted so I didn't need to negotiate. This company is good at paying employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at H&M in October 2014.

After applying online on their career website, I got an email to confirm a phone interview by a team coach, I replied to confirm. The next day I got the call & the woman on the phone was very sweet, she asked me simple questions:
    Why do you want to work at H&M?
    What is your daily availability?
    Why do you thin you would be a good candidate for H&M?
    The interview didn't take long & I even managed to make her laugh a little w. my response.She assured me someone would contact me to further the process.
    [To get my foot in the door a little bit I asked her what kind of attire I should wear to the interview,she said it was my choice to dress casually or do it up a bit, they wanted to know me for me]
      A few days later, I got a call from an employee at H&M. She asked to schedule an interview & after confirming the date and time, she informed me of who I would be meeting w. as well as directions to the office.
    [Between my interview & this call, I studied about the company like mad.Do it, it WILL help you. Read other interview reviews on here]

1:2 Interview
     I arrived at the office super early, so I sat. The woman behind the desk was very polite & nice. Nearing the time of my actual interview the woman who was supposed to interview me came out & told me she had to do a personal thing issue & that I would be interviewed by someone else. That person then met w. me along with another person. They introduced themselves, the second person told me that she was there to take notes.
    He was very polite & basically asked the same questions as on the phone.He did throw a curve-ball:
    How do you think it would be for you to adjust from your previous work place's register program to our register program?
    The other questions were regular:
    What do you think working at H&M will be like? [I said busy & smiled]
    Whats one thing you didn't like about your previous job? [Easy on the answer]
    The interview wasn't long & at the end I was allowed to ask questions:
    [after reading a review] I've heard that in some stores they focus more on customer service rather than the quality of the store's appearance. Does that apply to all stores?
    [They seemed surprised by this question but complimented me on asking]
    What are the dress code policies? For instance I have a septum & I want to dye my hair an unnatural color, am I allowed to have these things shown whilst working here?
    After my questions they thanked me for coming & said " be sure to watch some of the videos on our site to learn about the company for your next interview"
    [Because I am a college student I was told that they could accommodate my schedule, but next semester I was NOT allowed to take on weekend classes]

It took a long time for them to call me back, almost a month, only because [as I was told] the hiring office was backed up w. applications/interviews. I contacted the Team Coach from the phone interview to help constantly send my information out so that I wasn't forgotten. Finally I received a call asking for another interview. I wasn't told this, but for this one you should dress professionally.

Group? Interview(Pt I)
     I arrived just on time. There were other candidates there & unfortunately for me, they were dressed professionally.[Be yourself,smile. Interact with the other candidates]The same woman behind the desk before gave me a paper to fill out [the background check & a job description]. We [I didn't know it was a group] were called into the interview room before I finished the paper & was assured I could finish it afterward. Just as the first interview there were two people interviewing everyone one was mostly taking notes, the other asking questions. They introduced themselves & gave us a brief run-through of their career at H&M. We were asked to do the same,5 of us including myself. After intros, he asked:
    Why do you want to work at H&M?
    Where do you see yourself with H&M in a year?
    [I said I didn't think I'd be in a higher position as yet, don't say that. I also said that I believed customers would ask for me by name]
    What was one challenge you faced at your previous employer?
    What would be your ideal working environment? Fast, slow? [H&M is fast]
    Would you prefer to work in a team? [Being a team player is good,mention you can also work alone]
    What would your ideal boss be?
    These aren't all the questions,the rest I cant remember, I know they had specific questions depending on your responses. Another candidate asked:
    Approximately how long does it take one to move up in status?
    [At H&M promotions are called "opportunities"]
    After they both thanked us for coming, we shook hands & were escorted out.They also informed us they would get back to us in about a week after the checks went through. I, however received a call an hr or so after the interview to schedule another group interview, this time with activities, for the following week. I was told to dress professionally.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you implemented a change that benefited the company?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

I applied online and got a call a week later and they asked me normal questions (availability, why I want to work here, etc) Then went for an interview a few days alter they asked the same thing, filled out background check application. Then they didn't call back so I called after 2 weeks and the Hr manager wasn't there so then she called me the next week. I got the another interview then he told me I was hired

Interview Questions
    • No difficult. Easy questions. Why H&M?   View Answer
    They asked in interview I had no experience so I said $8.50-9 but they gave me $10.50.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M.

Walked in the store and asked if they were hiring/had an application. Filled out app in the mall and dropped it off shortly thereafter. Made a follow up call a few days later and spoke with a manager who sort of gave me an unofficial interview to go over work experience. We set up an interview from there a few days later. Typical questions: why did I want to work at H&M? What was I studying in school? Past work experiences? Pretty standard stuff. It's a retail job so just have a great attitude and wear something cool. Got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you were working with another employee who wasn't putting in their fare share of work, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Full Time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M.

I applied online and was then contacted by email about a week later. The email told me to call back in which I had a phone interview. The manager was very nice and laid back making me feel comfortable. I then had a second interview in person with the district recruiter which was very pleasant. Immediately after her I met with the store manager and she was pleasant as well. Overall easy going experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was in regards to their own store, what would I suggest to improve their sales & what do I see as an opportunity to improve their sales floor.   Answer Question