H&M

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M.

I submitted my application online and was contacted a week later. The interview process was fast. She asked me a few behavior questions and had me sign background check papers.

Interview Questions
    • What are you expecting from H&M if you were to work here.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied for a position with H&M. I received an email detailing that I was not a candidate due to the fact that they are seeking "energetic" people. And my qualifications did not match. I have had many years of experience in the field of which they advertised for in this position. However, I may not be in my 20's...they clearly have age discriminating practices company. I am appalled at their response and would never endorse anyone to apply for any position as they certainly do not value experienced professionals.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at H&M.

I applied online and got a call 2 days later to schedule a one-on-one interview with one of the managers, which was the next day. I went in for the interview, which lasted about 20-25. She talked to me about what working there is gonna be like and asked me a few questions about my experiences in my previous job. After the interview was over she had me fill out a sheet for a background check. She said they will call me when it cleared.
          After a couple weeks they called me back to meet for a second time. This actually turned out to be a job offer and we discussed how much my wage is going to be (way better than my last job). The next day I just had to come in to fill out paperwork and i am now officially an H&M employee!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&M in November 2014.

I filled out an application online and received a phone interview about an hour later, i was asked to explain my role at previous jobs and my availability. I was then invited to come in for a in person interview the next day (Friday). When I got there I was interviewed by two managers they both asked questions such as: Why H&M?, What do you expect from H&M? Name a time you presented good customer service? What didn't you like about your previous job? and my availability,(kinda similar to the phone interview) they also took notes. After the interview I signed a background check form and was told that I would receive a call within one week once my background check came back. To my surprise they called me on Monday and asked me to come in for a second interview that Wednesday where I was offered the job. They started me with $11.50. The process took less than a week!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you made a positive change at your job?   View Answer
    No negotiation, 11.50 was already breathtaking for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, NJ

I applied through other source – interviewed at H&M in November 2014.

i went to an H&M social event and got an interview there, it was pretty approachable and comfortable! It was only basic questions with regards to my interest in the job and my current situation, as well as questions about my past jobs and how I interacted with clients in both of those positions. Overall, it was definitely a pleasant experience and I felt pretty at-ease after I left.

Interview Questions
    • Whether I could go out of state for training--I said yes, since I think I could manage if the situation called for it, but it threw me for a loop   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at H&M.

the hiring process was extremely long i had to basically call and harass for a month to get specific follow up. there is a 6 hour long assessment interview after you have had a phone interview and another in person interview. the assessment is the hardest part. and you have another interview after that

Interview Questions
    i applied for a higher position i was given a lower one and still met with the pay rate i asked for

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&M in October 2014.

Applied online got a call a couple days later. Missed the call so i called back yesterday and was asked to come in for a group interview tomorrow. Today i goes in for the interview, 5 people didnt show so it was about 8 of us . reading the reviews on here I was expecting to do activities, but we were all asked about 7 questions. 1st we had to fill out a form for a background check then we went into a room & We had to go around and answer his questions
    Tell us your name & what is you favorite scary movie.
    Name a time you provided great customer service.
    What would be your common goal here?
    If you get the job, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.
    What is your availability?
    No one was hired on the spot, but he said he would call us within a week!
    I personally think i got the job i was the only one with open availability.

Btw he called the next day and my orientation was 2 days later. At orientation i realized me & this other guy was the only 2 picked from the group interview of 8. Will be on the schedule next week so good luck! Quickest process ever, so happy i applied!

Interview Questions
    None, the pay was 11.05 more than i ever made in any job.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&M.

I applied online and received a call about a month later. The hiring manager asked a few basic questions over the phone such as previous work experience, why I want to work at h&m, and how did I know they were hiring. She then asked if I was available for an interview for Friday (today). So I had my face to face interview today and was asked to fill out a background check form and asked a few simple questions. It was a pretty laid back interview, not too intense. She told me I should hear back in about a week and a half after the background check goes through. So hopefully it went well and I get the job!

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&M.

Went to a job fair! basic questions like tell me a time you went above and beyond for a costumer. Tell me a bad experience you had a job. AVAILABILITY is IMPORTANT.

Interview Questions

Did not want a seasonal job.

Seasonal Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M in October 2014.

First they email you to contact them, when you call that is considered your first interview. Then you move onto a second interview, usually group interview. And last if they're interested you have to submit a background check and get the third interview. The third interview was my job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard. Basic customer service and retail experience questions. Just be yourself and tell them about your experience in customer service and about yourself, like how you would be a great addition to the team. The interview process is very comfortable and they don't really grill you.   Answer Question
    I was initially going to ask for more because I expected the hourly wage to be like most retail stores at minimum wage and since I have experience I was looking for more, especially for the crazy holidays. But luckily they offered me what I wanted so I didn't need to negotiate. This company is good at paying employees.