H&M Part-time Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

applied online, received a call for an in person interview, and met with the recruiter and then was approved for a second interview with the store manager the first interview was very relaxed and the recruiter was easy going. we basically talked most about my prior work experience and she did ask me question if i was aware of H&M's conscious collection and what I thought about it. the second interview was with the store manager and she kind and professional

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Orland Park, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Typical interview process. I applied online and received an email a week later to set up an in person interview. Once I arrived I waited twenty or thirty minutes for the manager because she was pretty business. Once we started it was pretty much like any other interview. We laughed and spoke as though we were friends. To me it seemed pretty easy. I answered most of her questions before she was able to ask me because she was flipping through papers writing down my answers. I wore all black, a cardigan and a tutu shirt (she told me she loved my style). Once we were done she told me it'd take up to two weeks for a phone or email response depending on how busy the store was. A few days later I received an email saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your first impression of the store when you arrived?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H&M (Chandler, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

I had initially applied online to a location that would be opening up in a couple months, and within a week I had received an email informing me of a open interview job fair for that location. I had attended and was able to do my phone screening actually in person. I was told that sometime next week I would receive a call informing me of the status of my application. The following Tuesday I was called to set up a second interview in which I was asked a couple more questions and then offered a position on the spot. It was a quick and easy process and I'm excited to start working.

Interview Questions

• How flexible do you think a companies policy on attendance/tardiness should be?   1 Answer
    • Has there been any change in your schedule (second interview)   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online the store manager contacted me 4 days later. Had a phone screening and got scheduled for an in-person interview. After about a week of waiting I got another call back to have a interview with the store manager and district supervisor. Both interviews were very laid back and casual. Wasn't as nervous as I thought. Then, at the end of the interview I got offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Previous job experience? What are some of your skills that can contribute to H&M? What do you know about H&M?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&M (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied to h&m in May and did a follow up with a call a week later and was told buy the associate they would notify a manager. Took a month to finally get a call which was a phone interview. Questions were tell me about your previous work experience. Why h&m. I had previous retail experience so they asked me what i was familiar with. Asked what does customer service mean to me. I was then asked to come in the next day for a group interview. It was four of us being interviewed by the district manager, store manager, and a sales advisor. Very relaxed and friendly environment. Interview was hands on we were in the stock room and had to each work together to check prices and count specific items a team building exercise. At the end had us each fill out a background check. Less then a week i was offered the position!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In the phone interview they ask what is the pay you are expecting i said 10, but they offered me way more then that becauss of my prior retail experience. Way above minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Passed the initial phone interview and the second in-store interview and will have my last interview tmr. My second interview is a bit different. Two managers on training interviewed me. The questions they asked were pretty much the same as those listed here. So I will just add a couple questions that no one mentioned. I prepared by looking at the reviews here and practice them myself.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage/succeed in fast-paced environment that requires multitasking?   Answer Question
    • How do you coordinate with your coworkers when you are busy at work?   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

I can speak for the telephone interview as my in store interview is this Thursday Godwilling. I applied and got a call within a few days. The interviewer asked questions about availability, what can you learn from h&m, why that lenticular store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Relatively easygoing, as long as you prepare for the interview. I applied for the first online the night before and the next day I received a phone call from a store manager. I didn't expect a phone call so soon since reading other applicants prior interviews that process can last from a week to a month. From there on we commenced the interview and I was very nervous, my advice to you is prepare for any future interview like there is no tomorrow. But despite my nerves this manager let me move forward for an in store interview the next day. I did my research and prepared for this whole interview the night before just by reading others interview experience on Glassdoor and doing research on the H&M website and interview process was if not exactly the same as the phone interview except I definitely felt more prepared and it showed in my interview. Once it was over I was would either receive a phone call or an email if I was to be moved forward for a third interview. Honestly even if I don't get it, I'm thankful for the experience I never had a job in retail before but it seems this store might be in need of someone with someone who already knows the ropes. Going to the interview was definitely out of my comfort zone but as long as you prepare you should be fine.

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M in June 2015.

Interview

Sorry if this is too long, but I feel like I would have appreciated reading detailed interviews to help prepare me for my interview. Sunday: I applied online on a Wednesday, and got a call that Friday and had a brief phone interview. She went over my job history, asked how many hours a week I'm able to work (I said 30), what days I'm available to work (I said any days), what pay I desire (I said minimum wage, or negotiable), what do I like about H&M/why do I want to work there, and to tell her about myself. I believe that was it. Even though I don't have any work history, I assume she liked what she heard because she asked me to come meet her face to face Monday (which is tomorrow). So hopefully everything goes well. I've done my research on the company and have studied some questions that may be asked. Monday: I went to the interview. Everything went well. It was really simple and not as nerve wrecking as I thought it would be (maybe because I did my research on the company and read other interviews on here). She was very friendly so that also made me more relaxed. It was a one-on-one interview. I had to sign a paper for a background check. The interviewer basically asked the same questions as the phone interview. She also asked why I should be a sales advisor (what can I bring to the table). She told me that everyone who was interviewed for the new store will have an answer by Thursday because she should the background check results by then. Friday: I didn't receive a call Thursday, so I called today and asked if she had contacted everyone she was going to hire. She asked me for my name and then told me that the background check results are taking longer than normal but when she gets them she will be contacting me. She was very nice. From reading other reviews on here and other websites, I believe if you're not hired, you will receive an email stating that you didn't get the job. I feel like if she didn't like our one-on-one interview she probably wouldn't have even submitted my background check. I haven't gotten that email and I don't have any criminal records so I'm hoping she calls me back when she gets my results, saying that I'm hired. We'll see! *fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position/What can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, went in to put a face to my resume and was interviewed on the spot and was told I would definitely be contacted. Called myself two weeks later to find out the status of my app was asked to come in for another interview, in that interview filled out a form for a background check and was told i would get a call in a week. Never got the call so I called them once again a week after they should of called me. I was told I would be called in 3 days because of the many background checks they put in its normal for it too take awhile. Got a call 3 days later asking to come in for another interview in 4 days. I came in was asked to tell a little about myself and then was offered the job. I filled out some paperwork and start in 2 days!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficult time with a customer?   1 Answer