H&M Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.5

Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&M in March 2008.

Interview

you go through a psych test with other canidates to prove,teamwork,intelligence,level of stress,and competitive and fair treatment of others needs to be demonstrated to show integrity, character, and leadership qualities. It was the most shocking and long test but it is definately effective.

Interview Questions

• you cant prepare its random and right or wrong answer is really irrelevant   Answer Question
    • they ask international fashion, percieved trends ect   1 Answer

Negotiation

fair salary based on experience what you think you shoud get and what other make

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H&M in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online to 2 new locations in Charlotte, NC opening soon. Was emailed and told I was not qualified to even get an interview. Even though i have a college degree and I've worked in retail for 2 years and 6 years customer service for well known clothing retailers.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H&M (Plymouth, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

all about what you know about the company and scenario questions was very unlike any other interview also never heard back to wether i got it or not after ringing 3 times over 2 months

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

The freaking application was the hardest part. Part of the application was dealing with math analogies and word associations. The math part I could understand, but some of it was not related to the retail field; like how long a car is worth after depreciation of 20 years. And the word associations were from some words I have never even heard of.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&M (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was difficult to get. I applied twice and had many friends rejected as well. After the phone interview, I met with my manager and was asked lots of questions, there were a couple I had to think about for a second. My interview was also being supervised from someone in head office which made me more nervous. I would say my interview was about 40 minutes however talking to my coworkers their were much shorter.

International Talent Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Starts with a phone HR interview, then you get an online test, then if you get to the next round, you'll have an invitation to an assement center where you have one individual HR interview, then a group case interview, after that you might be ask to do another case interview if they want to confirm you case skill, but maybe not. Then, you'll be asked to do a leadership online test. And the final round is an interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Why H&M? Why retail? Quantitative and qualitative cases related to H&M businesses - inventory management, stocking, discounting, promotions, store layout etc.   Answer Question

Shop Manager Romania Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deva (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Deva (Romania)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really interesting. Phone interview, face-to-face and then a group interview with a series of tasks to complete in order to evaluate our abilities. HR responsible and 2 shop managers were present all very positive and fun. The problem is that after all these interviews none of us was selected, all was for nothing as they already had someone in mind. They wanted to bring another colleague (from another city) to run the shop. Just a great loss of time and hopes. I am sorry that we had such an encounter with this respected retailer, hope it will not happen to any of you.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

4 times interview, background check, and than gave me the offer.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Budapest (Hungary)) in September 2012.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview about some personal information, and they asked some questions about how I imagine myself at their company, what I think my job will be like. It was very surprising, that I actually didn't know that it was an interview, the lady only told me at the end of the conversation. The second part was a group interview, we were about 12-13, they separated us in two groups. There were 3 tasks that we had to solve, the first was organizing clothes in the correct order and check if everything was ok, the second was shopwindow-dressing, the third was making decisions together about important questions, and it was over when everyone agreed. The third interview would have been a personal interview, but unfortunately the didn't call me back.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see your colleague stealing a scarf (you know he/she is in a poor financial situation) What would you do if your colleague is stinky?   Answer Question

H&M Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Athens (Greece)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied for a Visual Merchandiser position at H&M. They called me and had my first phone interview a few hours after I sent my cv.Then called me the day after for a follow-up interview.I was interviewed by the head of visual and an HR manager.The interview lasted 1 hour and they seemed pretty excited. Two days later I had a callback and asked me to go directly to a store for some skills tests.There I met with the visual of the store and went through a few tests.Before I was even home,an hour later she called me for another interview the day after.For my fourth interview,there was a manager and another head of visual if I remember correctly.They told me that this was the last interview and they will either call me for an offer If I got the job or email me If I did not within two weeks. It's been almost 3 weeks and haven't heard back yet. Saying I'm sick to my stomach would be an understatement as I thought I had the job and now I pass my days starring at my phone,wondering what happened.

Interview Questions

• which part of these series of interviews you didn't like or found difficult? what relaxes you or calms you down?   Answer Question