H&M

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.5

Department Manager Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at H&M in March 2008.

you go through a psych test with other canidates to prove,teamwork,intelligence,level of stress,and competitive and fair treatment of others needs to be demonstrated to show integrity, character, and leadership qualities. It was the most shocking and long test but it is definately effective.

Interview Questions
    • you cant prepare its random and right or wrong answer is really irrelevant   Answer Question
    • they ask international fashion, percieved trends ect   View Answer
    fair salary based on experience what you think you shoud get and what other make

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&M in August 2013.

Applied online to 2 new locations in Charlotte, NC opening soon. Was emailed and told I was not qualified to even get an interview. Even though i have a college degree and I've worked in retail for 2 years and 6 years customer service for well known clothing retailers.

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at H&M.

the hiring process was extremely long i had to basically call and harass for a month to get specific follow up. there is a 6 hour long assessment interview after you have had a phone interview and another in person interview. the assessment is the hardest part. and you have another interview after that

Interview Questions
    i applied for a higher position i was given a lower one and still met with the pay rate i asked for

Sales Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&M in June 2010.

I applied through my school's job board. I didn't hear from them until I made a follow up to
    one of their offices about my application. A week later, I received a phone call from the Sales Controller manager to set-up a phone interview.

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

I filled out an application online for a DM position. I was called by a recruiter and did a phone interview. I had 2 interviews face to face. One interview was with the recruiters, one interview was with the store manager. I was then called for a third interview and was offered a position face to face. I then had to come back and fill out paperwork before heading to training. The whole process from phone interview to signing contracts was five weeks.

I was recruited from my management position at another company and asked to participate as a sales advisor for a new market opening. I was sent to another city and put up in a hotel for five weeks training. Came back to our market and opened a store for two weeks. It took a year and half to get the advancement opportunity presented to me during my interview. I learned a lot during my time with the company,

Interview Questions
    • What was the monthly budget of the store I was currently working in?   View Answer
    They offered me lower. But I held firm at my original choice. It took them a few days to get back to me, but they caved.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&M in September 2008.

the interview process was long and drawn out. i applied in august, had two phone interviews, and then two more interviews in person, then a final meeting with the store manager to talk about when i could start and a salary.

Interview Questions
    • why did you choose our company?   View Answer
    • when was a time you were faced with a difficult customer?   View Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at H&M in October 2008.

we had 5 interviews in total with different managers and HR managers> phone interview, groupe interview and one on one interviews. people were always nice and they really know the history of the company

Interview Questions
    negociate your salary because people will always make you believe you can't

H&M Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&M in April 2013.

I applied for a Visual Merchandiser position at H&M. They called me and had my first phone interview a few hours after I sent my cv.Then called me the day after for a follow-up interview.I was interviewed by the head of visual and an HR manager.The interview lasted 1 hour and they seemed pretty excited. Two days later I had a callback and asked me to go directly to a store for some skills tests.There I met with the visual of the store and went through a few tests.Before I was even home,an hour later she called me for another interview the day after.For my fourth interview,there was a manager and another head of visual if I remember correctly.They told me that this was the last interview and they will either call me for an offer If I got the job or email me If I did not within two weeks.
    It's been almost 3 weeks and haven't heard back yet. Saying I'm sick to my stomach would be an understatement as I thought I had the job and now I pass my days starring at my phone,wondering what happened.

Interview Questions
    • which part of these series of interviews you didn't like or found difficult?
      what relaxes you or calms you down?

Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M in May 2010.

I applied online and received an email of interest about a day or two later asking me to email the HR person back. I did so and a representative called the next day, asked a few questions, and set up an interview for me with a recruitment officer. When I arrived at the interview I filled out a background check release form and filled out basic paper work about myself. The interviewer asked me basic questions about myself, my past experience in retail, a few behavioral questions (such as "what was your biggest challenge in your last place of employment?" and then set up a second interview. The second interview was with a different employee (this time she was the new store manager) and I was asked the same basic questions as before along with more in-depth "what would you do in this situation" questions. I was also asked about being a team player and how I feel about being in a stressful work environment. After asking my own questions at the end I was offered a part-time position and I start work in a few days! THe pay is great, the clothes are great, and everyone I have met so far are wonderful people.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time in which you were unable to motivate yourself to complete a task.   Answer Question
    • How are you able to successfully motivate those around you in your work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at H&M in March 2013.

4 times interview, background check, and than gave me the offer.