H&M

191 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

The process took 3 days - interviewed at H&M in March 2008.

Interview Details – you go through a psych test with other canidates to prove,teamwork,intelligence,level of stress,and competitive and fair treatment of others needs to be demonstrated to show integrity, character, and leadership qualities. It was the most shocking and long test but it is definately effective.

Interview Questions

• you cant prepare its random and right or wrong answer is really irrelevant   Answer Question
  • they ask international fashion, percieved trends ect   View Answer

Negotiation Details – fair salary based on experience what you think you shoud get and what other make

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Sales Advisor - Full Time

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at H&M in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online to 2 new locations in Charlotte, NC opening soon. Was emailed and told I was not qualified to even get an interview. Even though i have a college degree and I've worked in retail for 2 years and 6 years customer service for well known clothing retailers.

Interview Question – why do you want to work for h&m?   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Part-time Sales Advisor
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online - interviewed at H&M in September 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was a phone interview about some personal information, and they asked some questions about how I imagine myself at their company, what I think my job will be like. It was very surprising, that I actually didn't know that it was an interview, the lady only told me at the end of the conversation. The second part was a group interview, we were about 12-13, they separated us in two groups. There were 3 tasks that we had to solve, the first was organizing clothes in the correct order and check if everything was ok, the second was shopwindow-dressing, the third was making decisions together about important questions, and it was over when everyone agreed. The third interview would have been a personal interview, but unfortunately the didn't call me back.

Interview Question – What would you do if you see your colleague stealing a scarf (you know he/she is in a poor financial situation) What would you do if your colleague is stinky?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&M in March 2013.

Interview Details – 4 times interview, background check, and than gave me the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in September 2008.

Interview Details – the interview process was long and drawn out. i applied in august, had two phone interviews, and then two more interviews in person, then a final meeting with the store manager to talk about when i could start and a salary.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose our company?   View Answer
  • when was a time you were faced with a difficult customer?   View Answer

Sales Controller Interview

Sales Controller
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at H&M in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's job board. I didn't hear from them until I made a follow up to
one of their offices about my application. A week later, I received a phone call from the Sales Controller manager to set-up a phone interview.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at H&M in October 2008.

Interview Details – we had 5 interviews in total with different managers and HR managers> phone interview, groupe interview and one on one interviews. people were always nice and they really know the history of the company

Interview Question – what do you know about the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negociate your salary because people will always make you believe you can't

Business Controller Interview

Business Controller

I applied online and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – H&M made a first screening of applicants and picked some interesting ones that was forwarded to a recruitment firm. They conducted a telephone interview with a strong focus on why I applied for the specific positon and why it would be interesting to work at H&M. After that they organized an assessment day on their Headquarters with interviews and "live case solving".

Interview Question – It was quite difficult to respond to the "live cases" during the interview although they weren't that complex. Generally they are related to the stores and to calculate efficiency, cost savings or something similar.   View Answer

Business Controller Interview

Business Controller
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview - HR questions, what are your strengths, weaknesses, why H&M, why retail, etc.
2. Assessment day at HQ - 3 different interviews - (1) HR interview again, more specific about how you work in different situations or in a group etc (2) CV interview, go through your academic and professional background (3) Case interview, ex. How many T-shirts do one store sell per day, Give three advices to our CEO.
3. Interview with CFO

Interview Question – Give three advices to our CEO   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor
Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online for a DM position. I was called by a recruiter and did a phone interview. I had 2 interviews face to face. One interview was with the recruiters, one interview was with the store manager. I was then called for a third interview and was offered a position face to face. I then had to come back and fill out paperwork before heading to training. The whole process from phone interview to signing contracts was five weeks.

I was recruited from my management position at another company and asked to participate as a sales advisor for a new market opening. I was sent to another city and put up in a hotel for five weeks training. Came back to our market and opened a store for two weeks. It took a year and half to get the advancement opportunity presented to me during my interview. I learned a lot during my time with the company,

Interview Question – What was the monthly budget of the store I was currently working in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me lower. But I held firm at my original choice. It took them a few days to get back to me, but they caved.

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!