H&M

197 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

The process took 3 days - interviewed at H&M in March 2008.

Interview Details – you go through a psych test with other canidates to prove,teamwork,intelligence,level of stress,and competitive and fair treatment of others needs to be demonstrated to show integrity, character, and leadership qualities. It was the most shocking and long test but it is definately effective.

Interview Questions

• you cant prepare its random and right or wrong answer is really irrelevant   Answer Question
  • they ask international fashion, percieved trends ect   View Answer

Negotiation Details – fair salary based on experience what you think you shoud get and what other make

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Sales Advisor - Full Time

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at H&M in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online to 2 new locations in Charlotte, NC opening soon. Was emailed and told I was not qualified to even get an interview. Even though i have a college degree and I've worked in retail for 2 years and 6 years customer service for well known clothing retailers.

Interview Question – why do you want to work for h&m?   Answer Question

Business Controller Interview

Business Controller
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview - HR questions, what are your strengths, weaknesses, why H&M, why retail, etc.
2. Assessment day at HQ - 3 different interviews - (1) HR interview again, more specific about how you work in different situations or in a group etc (2) CV interview, go through your academic and professional background (3) Case interview, ex. How many T-shirts do one store sell per day, Give three advices to our CEO.
3. Interview with CFO

Interview Question – Give three advices to our CEO   Answer Question

Summer Internship (Business Controller) Interview

Summer Internship (Business Controller)
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&M in March 2013.

Interview Details – Overall very satisfied with the recruitment process from initial communication to final offer.

After submitting cover letter and resume, I was invited to further assessment and was given the choice to book one out of two available dates. I would estimate that around 25-30 people was invited to each assessment day.

After being greeted with a welcome presentation, us applicants were split into groups of 3-5 (?). There were then three different stages; personal interview, group interview, group case.

The personal interview was brief, around 10 minutes with an HR person asking typical resume questions.

The group interview was a little bit longer were the interviewers asked the group questions such as "what is your proudest moment?". Each applicant then took turns answering.

The group case was conducted by the interviewer asking an analytical question on which us applicants then crunched the numbers until we knew the answer. When finished with the answer you laid down your pen and silently notified the interviewer that you were done. When all 3-5 applicants were done, the interviewer asked us each for the answer and our reasoning. In this stage, there were 5-6 questions in total. Guesstimates should be expected.

Interview Question – How many white men's t-shirts does H&M sell every year?   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Part-time Sales Advisor
Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online - interviewed at H&M in September 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was a phone interview about some personal information, and they asked some questions about how I imagine myself at their company, what I think my job will be like. It was very surprising, that I actually didn't know that it was an interview, the lady only told me at the end of the conversation. The second part was a group interview, we were about 12-13, they separated us in two groups. There were 3 tasks that we had to solve, the first was organizing clothes in the correct order and check if everything was ok, the second was shopwindow-dressing, the third was making decisions together about important questions, and it was over when everyone agreed. The third interview would have been a personal interview, but unfortunately the didn't call me back.

Interview Question – What would you do if you see your colleague stealing a scarf (you know he/she is in a poor financial situation) What would you do if your colleague is stinky?   Answer Question

H&M Visual Merchandiser Interview

H&M Visual Merchandiser
Athens (Greece)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a Visual Merchandiser position at H&M. They called me and had my first phone interview a few hours after I sent my cv.Then called me the day after for a follow-up interview.I was interviewed by the head of visual and an HR manager.The interview lasted 1 hour and they seemed pretty excited. Two days later I had a callback and asked me to go directly to a store for some skills tests.There I met with the visual of the store and went through a few tests.Before I was even home,an hour later she called me for another interview the day after.For my fourth interview,there was a manager and another head of visual if I remember correctly.They told me that this was the last interview and they will either call me for an offer If I got the job or email me If I did not within two weeks.
It's been almost 3 weeks and haven't heard back yet. Saying I'm sick to my stomach would be an understatement as I thought I had the job and now I pass my days starring at my phone,wondering what happened.

Interview Question – which part of these series of interviews you didn't like or found difficult?
what relaxes you or calms you down?
  Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Costa Mesa, CA

Interview Details – 4 times interview, background check, and than gave me the offer.

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email of interest about a day or two later asking me to email the HR person back. I did so and a representative called the next day, asked a few questions, and set up an interview for me with a recruitment officer. When I arrived at the interview I filled out a background check release form and filled out basic paper work about myself. The interviewer asked me basic questions about myself, my past experience in retail, a few behavioral questions (such as "what was your biggest challenge in your last place of employment?" and then set up a second interview. The second interview was with a different employee (this time she was the new store manager) and I was asked the same basic questions as before along with more in-depth "what would you do in this situation" questions. I was also asked about being a team player and how I feel about being in a stressful work environment. After asking my own questions at the end I was offered a part-time position and I start work in a few days! THe pay is great, the clothes are great, and everyone I have met so far are wonderful people.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you were unable to motivate yourself to complete a task.   Answer Question
  • How are you able to successfully motivate those around you in your work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Controller Interview

Sales Controller
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at H&M in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's job board. I didn't hear from them until I made a follow up to
one of their offices about my application. A week later, I received a phone call from the Sales Controller manager to set-up a phone interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in September 2008.

Interview Details – the interview process was long and drawn out. i applied in august, had two phone interviews, and then two more interviews in person, then a final meeting with the store manager to talk about when i could start and a salary.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose our company?   View Answer
  • when was a time you were faced with a difficult customer?   View Answer

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!