H&M

Average Difficulty
188 candidate interviews

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – As I was already an employer I only had one interview for the job but I had gone on a progression day and thats when i was asked to apply for the role. It was with the store manager and area hr manager.

Interview Question – What are the key differences between this store and your current store?   View Answer

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Part-time Sales Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – Fill out an Application, call you in for two interviews, first with department managers then with head manager

Interview Question – When they ask you to describe yourself in a few words. You want to think of the best thing to say without making yourself look bad.   Answer Question

Interviewed at H&M

Interview Details – I submitted an application online. Within a week, I received a call from the store manager asking if I could come in for an interview. She was very accommodating to my busy college schedule. The interview was more like a conversation than a question and answer period. She was extremely nice called me within another week to sign the paperwork

Interview Question – Not a question and anwer type interview   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Part-time Sales Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – fill out application online. first interview, after passing first interview a second one was scheduled. At second interview job was offered. The process is not the same each time and it depends on the candidate and the interviewers.

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate, know what price you can ask for.

Sales Advisor

I applied in-person and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – If you are applying make sure you call them and ask for the status of your application.. The interview process is quite simple. Phone interview with basic questions of previous experience. Then round two where they call you and sit down with you. If you've written college papers then this should be a walk in the park. Questions about what makes you the right person and hypothetical situations as well.

Interview Question – They give you a situation and ask you which items you would do in order.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Best paying retail job when you cant find a real job after college.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – got excited to work with the team

Interview Question – most diificult part is when they ask about experiences   Answer Question

H&M Visual Merchandiser Interview

H&M Visual Merchandiser

I applied online and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – Online application, interview with store manager and interview with District Visual Manager. Pulled looks for various hypothetical situations and was asked to come up with a list of possible corrections for merchandising issues in store.

Interview Question – "How would you handle a conflict with a coworker?"   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Belgrade (Serbia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – sent my cv and motivation letter, got a call for a phone interview which we delayed for tomorrow. Passed the phone interview and than got a call next day to schedule a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected but Was asked questions like : what do you know about h&m?
tell me something about yourself?
what are your faults, name one weakness.
tell me about previous work experience that is relevant for the position?
how did you deal with an uncomfortable situation regarding unsatisfied client in your previous experience?
how would you deal with unsatisfied customer in an h&m store if you were to get this job (conditions are: you have all the freedom to do as you think and you answer to no one)?
what are your expectations regarding your salary?
what do you know about the position you are applying for?
  Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long, 3 months.

Interview Question – When you entered the store, what is one thing would you change to make the store work more efficiently?   Answer Question

Interviewed at H&M

Interview Details – I applied at the web side almost a month ago and I haven’t received a response of any kind, I would appreciate a faster response from them so that you don’t waste your time just waiting for a call or an e-mail. It seems for me that they don’t really need somebody.

Interview Question – Didn’t got an interview   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&M

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&M interview questions and advice. All 188 interview reviews posted anonymously by H&M employees and interview candidates.