H&M

187 candidate interviews

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
Miami Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at H&M in October 2012.

Interview Details – i applied online recieved a email feom the recuritment, then2 days later a phone interview which caught me off gaurd, but i somehoe seem to ace that part,i was scheduled a interview then a decond one which offered me a job

Interview Question – none i knew all the answers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 11.00 dollars i didnt negotiate because that was a lot for my first job with no retail fresh out of high school

Part-time Sales Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at H&M in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to H&M on numerous occasions but never got a call.When I decided to to another application it was just my luck that they called me back.When they called me back I was a little surprised. I had my phone interview that must've went well because i was offered a face to face interview. When I went to the interview I was asked questions and was told to tell a little about myself in more depth. At the end I was told that they thought I would be good fit. They had me sign some papers so that they could do there background check.It took almost two months for them to call me back. They called me and basically asked me to come in. They asked me the same questions and then they said they would like to offer me the job.

Interview Question – 7 Values of H&M? & Why do you want to work at H&M?, Why do you think you would be a good fit for store?(H&M)...   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – Telephone interview and then group interview (with 1:1 interview section included as well). Everyone was really friendly and welcoming. They ask you about your customer service experiences and times you had a difficult customer. Basically they want to know that you have patience and how you handle conflict because they deal with difficult customers.

Interview Question – They have a scenario where they act like an upset customer who was denied access to a fitting room because he was in a wheelchair and he threatens to call the BBB.   View Answer

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at H&M in June 2014.

Interview Details – I had applied to H&M many times before only to get a rejection e-mail. This time I saw they were hiring on the job board from the mall and applied. About two weeks later I got a call for a impromptu phone screening. The questions where why do you want to work for H&M? What is your availability? Describe your previous work history? What is your salary requirement? And things of that nature. Two days later I meet with the store manager and she asked similar questions. She wanted to know what experience I had, if I could handle irate customers and meet deadlines. How would my friends describe me and what kind of expectations was I looking for with H&M. The manager was very nice and made me feel at ease. The interview lasted between 30-40 minutes. At the end I had to fill out a background check. That Sunday, five days later I got a job offer and was invited to do paperwork. It still took a few weeks after that before I started training. I really did not think it would take this long to get hired.
It does help to do research about H&M and know ypur strengths and weaknesses. They will ask a lot about your previous work history, things you liked or did not like.

Interview Question – What are your expectations for H&M as a company?   Answer Question

Buford, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – Applied online got called maybe a week or so later. Went to interview. I read online they like you to dress your own way. Doesn't have to be professional. Showcase your own style. Was asked basic interview questions.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Santa Barbara, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – Describe the most challenging obstacle you've faced when dealing with a customer? How did you handle it? What are you strengths and weaknesses? What is your passion within fashion? What experience have you had in the past within fashion? Would you call yourself a fashionista?

Interview Question – Describe the most challenging obstacle you've faced when dealing with a customer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Couldnt negotiate on start day. But eventually negotiated for higher pay when i stayed with company for a year

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was shortly contacted by a member of staff,via email,informing that I will receive a phone call by one of the managers.The first interview process would start with the call from the company managers asking me a few questions,then If I answered the questions correctly I would be asked to attended a meet up interview.

Interview Question – How do your personal skills,apply to the job role.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in July 2012.

Interview Details – Submit application and resume online, then there is a phone call with basic questions asking about availability and brief previous experience. H&M requires open availability on weekends. If company is interested, they schedule an in person interview. There can multiple in person interviews and you usually are with two people, one being a member of management. At any point in time these in person interviews can turn into a job offer. If not, the company's HR department will contact you via email that you did not get the job.

Interview Question – All interviews can be different since its based on which store and who is conducting the interview but large volumes stores will ask detail questions about how you manage you time and how you would problem solve different in store situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation at this level.

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
Riverhead, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at H&M in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was to be as expected. They asked about previous work experience, availability, and ability to perform tasks required. They then submit you for a background check, and if that comes back clear and they feel you are a good fit for their team, they bring you back for a second interview, where they will offer you the job and begin the hiring process. The hiring process was simple, as well - standard paperwork, ID required, along with banking information for direct deposit. This company does not offer paper checks.

Interview Question – "Can you handle a full workload?" H&M is not the type of company where employees can sit around doing nothing at times. There is always a project, and often times the project will have to be completed while the store is busy, and employees are still expected to task (register, fitting room) while completing any project.   View Answer

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – Initially was supposed to go in for a group interview but it wasn't for another hour so the manager decided to interview me one on one instead. First, I had to fill out a paper asking where I lived, my social, and phone number. Then I was called into a small office and asked me basic questions. After she told me that she had to fax out my application and I should receive a call in about 5 or 6 days telling me if I should go in for another interview. She said it would a total of 3 interviews. The manager was very polite, and so were the rest of the employees. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&M

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&M interview questions and advice. All 187 interview reviews posted anonymously by H&M employees and interview candidates.