H&M Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.5

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at H&M in November 2014.

Interview

The process took 6+ weeks and a total of 4 interviews. The first was an initial 10 minute phone interview. Fairly routine, easy questions. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to come for an in-person interview the next week. This interview took almost 2 hours, and was with 3 different members of management. This interview was tough, as the people were pretty cold and it was an awkward interview where they asked me a question off a piece of paper & sat in silence as they wrote down what I was saying. It was intimidating that they were so unfriendly. Something that stood out compared to other companies that I've interviewed with. A series of questions about my background, experience, and walking around the store to critique the displays and windows. The racks were way overcrowded and the store looked chaotic, and it was challenging to give feedback because I didn't want to be too negative, but I also wanted to be honest. A week later, I was called back for a 3rd interview with the store manager. This was a pretty short, easy 30 minute interview. Again, I had to critique the windows and in-store displays. They called back a few days later and asked me to come in for a 4th interview the next week. The final interview was with a recruiter and district management. They went on for awhile about H&M's future as a company and their roles in the company. After this, I had 15 minutes to pull 2 outfits for a mannequin based on an inspiration photo of looks they had given me. This task ended up being difficult as the store was a complete mess, busy with foot traffic, and it was hard to locate items on the floor in only 15 minutes of time. I dressed the mannequin and was told to expect a call or email within the next two weeks. Exactly two weeks later I received a rejection email. Frustrating experience and took way too long.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time when you had conflict with another member of management?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&M in November 2014.

Interview

The first interview was done through the phone. I received an email from an H&M recruiter to chat for about 20 minutes about the position and any questions that I may have. From there I was emailed to come in for an orientation for a grand opening event. At the orientation I met some corporate H&M employees and learned about the H&M culture and processes. After the orientation I was emailed again to come in for a one on one interview with two recruiters. This interview consisted of answering a few questions and them giving me a challenge to create three outfits out of stuff they had on a rack. I had to create these outfits based on a booklet they gave me about H&M visual presentation and inspiration. After this challenge I filled out a background check form. Two weeks later I received an email from them saying they are not moving forward with my application. I have never experienced an interview process as long as this one before and still am in shock that I did not get an offer.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&M (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online and received a phone interview about an hour later, i was asked to explain my role at previous jobs and my availability. I was then invited to come in for a in person interview the next day (Friday). When I got there I was interviewed by two managers they both asked questions such as: Why H&M?, What do you expect from H&M? Name a time you presented good customer service? What didn't you like about your previous job? and my availability,(kinda similar to the phone interview) they also took notes. After the interview I signed a background check form and was told that I would receive a call within one week once my background check came back. To my surprise they called me on Monday and asked me to come in for a second interview that Wednesday where I was offered the job. They started me with $11.50. The process took less than a week!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a positive change at your job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, 11.50 was already breathtaking for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at H&M (Riverside, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

i went to an H&M social event and got an interview there, it was pretty approachable and comfortable! It was only basic questions with regards to my interest in the job and my current situation, as well as questions about my past jobs and how I interacted with clients in both of those positions. Overall, it was definitely a pleasant experience and I felt pretty at-ease after I left.

Interview Questions

• Whether I could go out of state for training--I said yes, since I think I could manage if the situation called for it, but it threw me for a loop   Answer Question

Expansion Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Long, dragged out process - took 4 months. I interview three time with H&M managers - phone, skype, and in person. Each interview was very in depth and asked lots of questions on past experience as well as how those skills will work with the role. The recruiters were very unresponsive and scheduled interviews at the last minute. After my final in person interview, i never heard back from them even after following up multiple times, so just assumed someone else was picked.

Interview Questions

• Why H&M?
      Case Study questions - Estimate the number of pack of boxer briefs sold in the united states

Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at H&M.

Interview

the hiring process was extremely long i had to basically call and harass for a month to get specific follow up. there is a 6 hour long assessment interview after you have had a phone interview and another in person interview. the assessment is the hardest part. and you have another interview after that

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i applied for a higher position i was given a lower one and still met with the pay rate i asked for

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&M (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online got a call a couple days later. Missed the call so i called back yesterday and was asked to come in for a group interview tomorrow. Today i goes in for the interview, 5 people didnt show so it was about 8 of us . reading the reviews on here I was expecting to do activities, but we were all asked about 7 questions. 1st we had to fill out a form for a background check then we went into a room & We had to go around and answer his questions
    Tell us your name & what is you favorite scary movie.
    Name a time you provided great customer service.
    What would be your common goal here?
    If you get the job, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.
    What is your availability?
    No one was hired on the spot, but he said he would call us within a week!
    I personally think i got the job i was the only one with open availability.

Btw he called the next day and my orientation was 2 days later. At orientation i realized me & this other guy was the only 2 picked from the group interview of 8. Will be on the schedule next week so good luck! Quickest process ever, so happy i applied!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, the pay was 11.05 more than i ever made in any job.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a month later. The hiring manager asked a few basic questions over the phone such as previous work experience, why I want to work at h&m, and how did I know they were hiring. She then asked if I was available for an interview for Friday (today). So I had my face to face interview today and was asked to fill out a background check form and asked a few simple questions. It was a pretty laid back interview, not too intense. She told me I should hear back in about a week and a half after the background check goes through. So hopefully it went well and I get the job!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about H&m?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M in October 2014.

Interview

First they email you to contact them, when you call that is considered your first interview. Then you move onto a second interview, usually group interview. And last if they're interested you have to submit a background check and get the third interview. The third interview was my job offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard. Basic customer service and retail experience questions. Just be yourself and tell them about your experience in customer service and about yourself, like how you would be a great addition to the team. The interview process is very comfortable and they don't really grill you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was initially going to ask for more because I expected the hourly wage to be like most retail stores at minimum wage and since I have experience I was looking for more, especially for the crazy holidays. But luckily they offered me what I wanted so I didn't need to negotiate. This company is good at paying employees.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Went to a job fair! basic questions like tell me a time you went above and beyond for a costumer. Tell me a bad experience you had a job. AVAILABILITY is IMPORTANT.

Interview Questions

Did not want a seasonal job.