H&M

187 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Part-time Sales Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – Filled application online had first interview 3 weeks after the app was submitted not at the location I was hired for FYI followed up on a random day next week got interviewed on the spot got a phone call later that week for a interview basically the accepted offer process

Negotiation Details – Whatever they offered I took was really good pay for retail

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process took 4 weeks. I applied online was contacted by a Store Manager two days later for management job fair. Interviewed by two different store managers they were both extremely pleasant and it was a breeze I then interviewed with the District Facilities Manager and another Store Manager in another joint interview I knew I had it after that. They asked question as to what volume I was use to working in, how would I control payroll, and what opportunities did I think their stores had. 3 weeks then went by and I received a phone call from one of the SM's saying they wanted me to come in for another interview. If you get that call it's a job offer as they like to do it in person.

Interview Question – Typical management questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I came in pretty high for my experience so they countered at what I really wanted.

Interviewed at H&M

Interview Details – Two interviews with two different department managers.

Interview Question – Why H&M?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in March 2010.

Interview Details – Quick turnaround of process. Phone interview then in person interview within the same week. Started working two weeks after that. The company did a good job of selling the position, culture and what to expect. Some of those things were inaccurate though.

Interview Question – What do you think is unsuccessful in our stores and how would you change it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not think I had room to negotiate, but in hind site I probably did.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – The process was long. About 3 to 4 weeks. Apart from the first two initial interviews, no one seemed prepared after that point. If your interview is at 8 a.m., get there at 7:45 a.m. and expect to be interviewed at 8:30 a.m.

Interview Question – Half of the interview questions were unrelated to the work. Questions seem more to be about finding out someone's level of pleasantness rather than what and how they are able to contribute o the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was very quick. The job offer interview may have lasted about 20 minutes.

H&M First Line Customer Service Agent Interview

H&M First Line Customer Service Agent
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at H&M in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from a hiring manager about two days later. After the phone interview, I was asked to attend an Assessment Center (group interview). I walked into the very modern and most definitely Ikea decorated office and was created by a hiring manger. She gave me a sticker with my name on it and an paper application. I then sat in a lounge are with the seven people that I would soon interview with. We were all called into a room where we were given details about the company and the position. We were asked a lot of personality related questions i.e. "What time period would you like to travel to?" Most people answered the 80's and I have no clue as to why. We were then split up for personal interviews. The personal interviews included standard office/customer service position questions. Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. Finally, we were all grouped together again to do a group activity. In this activity, we were asked to build a house out of legos together following specific instructions. All the while, we had to pass a ball between all of us.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Given a job offer letter with my pay rate.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in May 2012.

Interview Details – A telephone interview, 3 other interviews, and a background check

Interview Question – When is a time you hard a difficult customer, and how did you handle them?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in June 2010.

Interview Details – PHONE INTERVIEW AND TWO IN PERSONS.

Negotiation Details – I was actually surprised at the amount they offered me. It was two dollars over my asking. so I didn't negotiate. But i have heard from others that negotiating is difficult with this company.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in June 2013.

Interview Details – My initial interview was over the phone with a recruiter in L.A. The interview went well and the recruiter was easy to talk to and outgoing. He then scheduled me for an in person interview about 3 days later
When I first reached the store, I was surprised how busy it was. When I found a sales associate to tell me I was there for an interview, he complemented me on being on time. However, the manager was not. He had apparently written down the wrong time for our interview (should have been a sign) and I had to wait around for 30 minutes.
The interview was pretty basic. First you have to fill out a basic background check. He asked me about my previous jobs, what retail experience I had. He then asked how I would deal with difficult customers and difficult situation. Basic retail interview. I felt I did really well and he told me he would contact me in a few days. However, I never heard anything; not even a sorry you didn't get the job. I am convinced they do not hire anyone over 30, that's the only reason I'm sure I didn't get the job-I have years of experience.

Interview Question – Are you okay with moving between working in the back room and working on the floor?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Sales Advisor - Full Time
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in October 2011.

Interview Details – Online applications only. Interviews are usually two to three. Personally, I interviewed with a supervisor first, the second interview was with a store manager, and the third interview was actually the job offer and it was with a store manager from a different store. Neither managers were employed at what would later be my home store.

Interview Question – All questions were reasonable and relevant to the job position.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&M