H&M

167 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – I applied online and didn't hear back for 3 weeks. Finally I got an email from recruitment about a job fair at the store so I went to that and had a quick interview with an HR person. After that I received a call about a week later to come interview with the store manager. I was offered a job on the spot. The whole process took a little over a month.

Interview Question – How do the H&M values apply to you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a job offer from another company that I took instead, but I wish I stayed with H&M!

H&M Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – Online application, interview with store manager and interview with District Visual Manager. Pulled looks for various hypothetical situations and was asked to come up with a list of possible corrections for merchandising issues in store.

Interview Question – "How would you handle a conflict with a coworker?"   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Part Time Sales Advisor
New Hartford, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at H&M in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to H&M online, and they ended up calling me maybe 3 weeks later confirming that I was interested in the position, and we had the interview the next day. I went in and the manager who was supposed to interview went home sick so I was interview by another team member, who was extremely nice. He asked me about my previous work experience and how it would translate to this job, asked me about my availability,and then questions like "Why do you want to work at H&M?" "What is it specifically that you like about the store" "Where would you see yourself in H&M in the future (he named off various positions that might be available to employees climbing up the career ladder at H&M), and then he told me I would be contacted within 2-3 weeks for a 2nd interview. 2 1/2 weeks later I got a interview with a manager who asked me to describe myself, and repeated some questions as the first interviewer did. She told me about how she became involved at H&M, as did the first interviewer. She then was asking me to explain my previous job and (since I had no retail experience) she explained to me that at H&M it isn't exactly essential that you have retail experience because they do things differently than other stores. She then told me I was hired and made me sign paperwork and gave me a time and day to start. Though it took a few weeks, the overall experience was extremely positive.

Interview Question – My first interview showed me three sets of values and you had to say what applied most to the work you did at your previous job.It wasn't necessarily difficult, but it was probably the most in depth question asked.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – Applied in store. About a week later received a call in which a manager gave me a phone interview. She explained what I would be doing if I got hired. She then set up an in person interview date. I went to the interview was interviewed by two managers. The questions were easy. I was then called in for a second in person interview and they told me I was hired I signed paper work and was scheduled for orientation.

Interview Question – What other brands do I like?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me they start you off with 10 but with experience it's possible to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Hennes Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at H&M in July 2012.

Interview Details – Reached out via LinkedIn, got a call from the GM for a quick interview. Had another call with SM before going in for a quick 30 min. interview

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Came in below market rate, but came back with high side numbers but beware no 401k match for the first year, they wont mention that.

Very Easy Interview

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Part-time Sales Advisor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at H&M in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to several H&M Stores and received interviews for 3 out of 5. One I declined because i was already offered interviews at my ideal locations. Both were phone interviews, I applied on a thursday and received phone interviews within 3-5 days. The phone interview went great they asked basic questions about why i applied and to name a time when i worked in a team etc. I was then offered a group interview for both. One was a new location the other was for a seasonal position. The new location i had a one on one interview then offered a group interactive interview, both were great!! the interactive interview was INDEEEDDDD INTERACTIVE; we were folding clothes building displays placing ribbons into our wardrobe and even had to build a house with legos while we bounced a ball back and forth between eachother. I thought i did terrible. the seasonal position i did a phone interview then had a group interview. it went great. about a month later i received a call saying both locations want to hire me, and the seasonal position wanted to offer me a permanent position so i went with it. H&M is a Great job opportunity with a lot of great benefits!!! i love it there.

Interview Question – "How much would you like your hourly pay to be?" I was lost on what to say, i didnt want to say something too high or too low, but the wage i did say they up'd it a dollar and i was very satisfied.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, just the long wait to start orientation.

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Part Time Sales Advisor
White Marsh, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in September 2013.

Interview Details – i applied online and got a call for a phone interview the week afterwards.i got asked a few questions about why i applied and such and was then invited for an in person interview. i interviewed with one of the managers and she was very friendly. she introduced herself and how she moved up in the company. then proceeded to ask me a series of basic interview questions, my availability, etc. it felt more like a conversation to an extent than an actual interview so about 10 mins in i felt really comfortable. the interview lasted 30 mins and was given a definite time frame of when i would expect an answer, which was between 3-7 days due to the background check. i was invited for a second interview 2 days after. i was supposed to interview with a dept manager but schedues were changed last minute so i interviewed with anothe rmanager and a dept supervisor. i was asked a few of the questions i was in the first interview. then i was asked to walk the floor and see if there was anything wrong that i saw or what i saw needed improvement. after that i told them what i saw needed improvement and i was offered the job.

Interview Question – i got asked general interview questions (i.e why did i apply? name a time when i had a good/bad customer experience and how i handled it) the one question that threw me for a curve ball was when i was asked about the worst boss i ever had.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it wasnt much of an negotiation, they offered i accepted.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Part-time Sales Advisor
Glendale, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at H&M in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call a week later for an impromptu phone interview, they asked me a few basic questions like why h&m and at the end of the conversation we set up and interview in person for the following week. I arrived early and waited for awhile and eventually the manager came a got me she asked me the same questions as on the phone interview. Plus questions like what would I do in certain situations. At the end I was asked to consent to a background check and I did. About a week later I was called in for a second in person interview where I met with two other managers and the again asked the same question and it lasted like 5 minutes which has made me a little nervous. I was told I would hear back either way and the position would start by a certain day. That date is about a week away and I have yet to hear anything, it's been about two weeks since the second interview. I called to check the status last week and the manager I asked for was not in and after they asked would I like to leave a message the person didn't ask for my number.

Interview Question – What would be my short comings working in a retail positiion?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at H&M in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online the last week of July for Store Manager Position, and was called 3 weeks later for another Management Opportunity. It was for an upcoming brand new H&M store Opening in the Fall. We went through a phone interview with the Store Manager for that location. Originally scheduled for 20 minutes turned into an 1 Phone Interview. It went Great! I was put on a brief hold and was then asked to come in for an in person interview with herself and another SM. The in person interview went Amazing, one of the best interviews I've ever gone on. The SM for the new store was asking me questions while the other listened and took notes, they shared information about themselves and their length with the company and growth. The questions were how would you motivate your team, leadership style, numbers from your current employer, and payroll questions. It went for 2 hours, very calm, relaxing engaging, also want to know what do you like to do outside of work for fun at the end I was asked to fill out a Background Check Form. They noted they would call me by Friday, if they were interested as they had other candidates to interview as well. Friday came, and I received a call! The SM who will be in the new location asked me to go in for One Last Interview with herself and the District LP Manager the following week. I went and sat with her and the District LP Manager, and another great interview! Very formal relaxed, shared his knowledge about the company and where they want to be in the upcoming years. He asked me a serious how do I coach my staff, what motivates me to achieve success, and instead of asking the infamous "Why H&M" he asked "What would be my expectations from H&M if I decided my career path with them and my Short and Long Term goals in my career if it was with H&M. At the end of the last question he as well as the SM surprised me with How much your looking for in salary, because they checked my references and wanted to go forward and make you an offer today! :) I was shocked, surprised and excited.

Interview Question – No Difficult Questions. If you are a passionate leader, and have goals for yourself and team all questions would be natural. The only unexpected surprise is when they made me my offer on the spot!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked what is my current salary, if I had to have a range what number would it be hourly wise and then salary wise. They stepped out for about 3 minutes and gave me more than what I asked for! The honesty was the best part as H&M believe in their people, they usually don't want to max you out so when you do get promoted you get the best amount your worth. Being that it was more than I asked for, in which I thought I asked for more than fare, proves the honesty and integrity behind them.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in January 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very fun and creative. nothing like ive ever had before. after the phone interview i was asked to come in for a group session. it was very hands on and the people involved were all really great.

Interview Question – They asked questions to see how much you know about the company. At the time i didnt know much but luckily i was able to answer the ones they did ask.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&M