H&M

Average Difficulty
191 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in June 2013.

Interview Details – My initial interview was over the phone with a recruiter in L.A. The interview went well and the recruiter was easy to talk to and outgoing. He then scheduled me for an in person interview about 3 days later
When I first reached the store, I was surprised how busy it was. When I found a sales associate to tell me I was there for an interview, he complemented me on being on time. However, the manager was not. He had apparently written down the wrong time for our interview (should have been a sign) and I had to wait around for 30 minutes.
The interview was pretty basic. First you have to fill out a basic background check. He asked me about my previous jobs, what retail experience I had. He then asked how I would deal with difficult customers and difficult situation. Basic retail interview. I felt I did really well and he told me he would contact me in a few days. However, I never heard anything; not even a sorry you didn't get the job. I am convinced they do not hire anyone over 30, that's the only reason I'm sure I didn't get the job-I have years of experience.

Interview Question – Are you okay with moving between working in the back room and working on the floor?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Sales Advisor - Full Time
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in October 2011.

Interview Details – Online applications only. Interviews are usually two to three. Personally, I interviewed with a supervisor first, the second interview was with a store manager, and the third interview was actually the job offer and it was with a store manager from a different store. Neither managers were employed at what would later be my home store.

Interview Question – All questions were reasonable and relevant to the job position.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Sales Advisor - Full Time
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – 1st interview was over the phone and really basic with typical questions. Experience, Lateness, why H&M? 2nd interview was similar just one on one with the same questions and talking about availability.

Interview Question – Describe a time a sales associate went above and beyond for you. (which was a little hard considering this is NY)   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – Filled out application, was promptly given a day to come in for first (out of three) interview, easy questions that are normal to be asked for a retail position, second interview and third interview were with two different managers, third "interview" was being offered the position and given a schedule for two weeks for the training process of the position.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult but rewarding decision you have made so far in your life? (something along those lines)   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and played phone tag for about a week. Once we did speak I was invited to come in for an interview. Once I arrived at the store for my interview I waited for about 30 minutes after the scheduled time i was given. Along with the recruiter was another manager who set in for the interview. After about 15 or 20 minutes they both left the room to discuss there thoughts and returned soon after. I was offered a position as a sales associate at the starting pay rate. I was convinced and "promised" the advancement opportunity for the position I actually applied for, therefore I accepted their offer.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions that I can recall, however, I was asked if I could be any animal in the world what would I be and why.   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – got an email for the position was new to the city. had two interviews. first was with the store manager which i didn't know at the time and second was a dept manager. and the second one really is just an offer letter. if you get a second call you got the job

Interview Question – really pretty standard. just was hard to talk about a company i only visited out of state   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they give a letter with the amount they were willing to give it was yes or no

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Waldorf, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in August 2013.

Interview Details – I spoke with the store manager about a job. She gave me an application. I filled it out and came in for a interview the same day. Waited for a my background to clear before I got the job offer. Stay on them, because some managers are not organized, They'll forget.

Interview Question – Why H&M?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable but Transfer comes with a raise based on cost-of-living, that is negotiable.

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – applied online, 2 phone interviews, in person interview with DM

Interview Question – low difficulty   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser

I applied through other source and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details – I didn't have an interview

Interview Question – I don't know since I haven't had an interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I unfortunately did not negotiate . My advise is not to be scared to ask for more :)

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online a few times and was called out of the blue. I was surprised by the call because I had received an email stating that I didn't meet the qualifications for the position. However, I had modified my resume to include words from the job posting and that's probably what made the difference. I had a phone interview where I was asked about my availability and about my retail experience, and then I was asked to come in the following week. The interview was done by two department managers and the store manager. I was mostly asked about my experience and willingness to work early and late hours. They made it clear that it was a demanding job. A few days later I was called for a second interview but I was asked to bring in my SS card and all identifying information, so I assumed that I was hired. When I got there I found out it was an onboarding and was offered the position with no opportunity for negotiation.

Interview Question – How many items of clothing per day did you process working in stock at your previous job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no option for negotiation. It was explicitly stated.