H&M Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.5

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at H&M.

I was contacted by a recruiter and played phone tag for about a week. Once we did speak I was invited to come in for an interview. Once I arrived at the store for my interview I waited for about 30 minutes after the scheduled time i was given. Along with the recruiter was another manager who set in for the interview. After about 15 or 20 minutes they both left the room to discuss there thoughts and returned soon after. I was offered a position as a sales associate at the starting pay rate. I was convinced and "promised" the advancement opportunity for the position I actually applied for, therefore I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions that I can recall, however, I was asked if I could be any animal in the world what would I be and why.   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

got an email for the position was new to the city. had two interviews. first was with the store manager which i didn't know at the time and second was a dept manager. and the second one really is just an offer letter. if you get a second call you got the job

Interview Questions
    • really pretty standard. just was hard to talk about a company i only visited out of state   Answer Question
    they give a letter with the amount they were willing to give it was yes or no

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at H&M.

I didn't have an interview

Interview Questions
    I unfortunately did not negotiate . My advise is not to be scared to ask for more :)

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

applied online, 2 phone interviews, in person interview with DM

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at H&M.

Gave my resume in store, and received a call a week later. First interview was via phone. Second interview was pretty much the same questions but one on one. And third interview was more detailed and asked for my driver license and such for a background check.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what I thought of the store's layout, it was kind of clunky and crowded.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied at the web side almost a month ago and I haven’t received a response of any kind, I would appreciate a faster response from them so that you don’t waste your time just waiting for a call or an e-mail. It seems for me that they don’t really need somebody.

H&M Department Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&M.

maximum 3 interviews and alot of senario questions

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult at all. They just ask you what if and give me an example questions   Answer Question
    They come as close to what you would like

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at H&M.

The interview process was very long, 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • When you entered the store, what is one thing would you change to make the store work more efficiently?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&M.

I applied online and didn't hear back for 3 weeks. Finally I got an email from recruitment about a job fair at the store so I went to that and had a quick interview with an HR person. After that I received a call about a week later to come interview with the store manager. I was offered a job on the spot. The whole process took a little over a month.

Interview Questions

I received a job offer from another company that I took instead, but I wish I stayed with H&M!

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at H&M in December 2013.

I got this interview through a job agency. I met them at a job fair for another company I was interviewing for. They were screening people for the company. If you didn't pass the screening you didn't get to go on and interview with the actual hiring managers. I passed the screening and was asked if I was also interested in being interviewed for H&M. I of course said yes and set up the interview. Anyway I arrived at the interview and it ended up being a group interview with over 10 other people. They of course went around the room and asked us to introduce ourselves. They also asked us basic customer service/retail questions. There was only one question that threw me off guard, "Who is your favorite character from Disney". That was the first question. I thought it was so silly. Anyway, everyone got a chance to speak. I was very nervous considering this was my first time interviewing with this many people but it wasn't so bad.

We were then told to give them our information so they can run a background check and had to hand in a copy of our resume. Since all of us got this interview through the job agency from another job fair, we all had to also submit a formal application online. They took notes throughout the interview and said they would use their notes to determine if we were qualified or not. If they did they'd pull from the online applications that we had to submit and give us a call.