H&M

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at H&M in June 2014.

I had applied to H&M many times before only to get a rejection e-mail. This time I saw they were hiring on the job board from the mall and applied. About two weeks later I got a call for a impromptu phone screening. The questions where why do you want to work for H&M? What is your availability? Describe your previous work history? What is your salary requirement? And things of that nature. Two days later I meet with the store manager and she asked similar questions. She wanted to know what experience I had, if I could handle irate customers and meet deadlines. How would my friends describe me and what kind of expectations was I looking for with H&M. The manager was very nice and made me feel at ease. The interview lasted between 30-40 minutes. At the end I had to fill out a background check. That Sunday, five days later I got a job offer and was invited to do paperwork. It still took a few weeks after that before I started training. I really did not think it would take this long to get hired.
    It does help to do research about H&M and know ypur strengths and weaknesses. They will ask a lot about your previous work history, things you liked or did not like.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M in June 2014.

I walked into the store and talked to one of the current sales advisors about applying. I had already submitted my application online, so she referred me to her manager. I spoke to the manager for about 10 minutes and she called me about 2 hours later to schedule an interview.

The interview wasn't bad. The manager that I spoke to didn't actually do the interview, one of the assistant managers did. She asked about my experience with retail (I didn't have any at the time), and then about my sales experience. She was very keen on the company values, which I had researched before the interview so I was prepared. She was impressed by how prepared I was. I got the job offer about a week later.

The job is all right. I haven't worked retail before but I feel like I do more work than the average retail worker. Pay is really good for retail (I started at 9.50/hour). Work environment is cool and the other employees are cool too.

Interview Questions
    • No really surprising questions. Just make sure you know about the company and their values.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M.

Initially was supposed to go in for a group interview but it wasn't for another hour so the manager decided to interview me one on one instead. First, I had to fill out a paper asking where I lived, my social, and phone number. Then I was called into a small office and asked me basic questions. After she told me that she had to fax out my application and I should receive a call in about 5 or 6 days telling me if I should go in for another interview. She said it would a total of 3 interviews. The manager was very polite, and so were the rest of the employees. They were all very nice.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

Filled application online had first interview 3 weeks after the app was submitted not at the location I was hired for FYI followed up on a random day next week got interviewed on the spot got a phone call later that week for a interview basically the accepted offer process

Whatever they offered I took was really good pay for retail

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Two interviews with two different department managers.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

The process was long. About 3 to 4 weeks. Apart from the first two initial interviews, no one seemed prepared after that point. If your interview is at 8 a.m., get there at 7:45 a.m. and expect to be interviewed at 8:30 a.m.

Interview Questions
    • Half of the interview questions were unrelated to the work. Questions seem more to be about finding out someone's level of pleasantness rather than what and how they are able to contribute o the company.   View Answer
    It was very quick. The job offer interview may have lasted about 20 minutes.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at H&M in May 2014.

I applied to H&M on numerous occasions but never got a call.When I decided to to another application it was just my luck that they called me back.When they called me back I was a little surprised. I had my phone interview that must've went well because i was offered a face to face interview. When I went to the interview I was asked questions and was told to tell a little about myself in more depth. At the end I was told that they thought I would be good fit. They had me sign some papers so that they could do there background check.It took almost two months for them to call me back. They called me and basically asked me to come in. They asked me the same questions and then they said they would like to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • 7 Values of H&M? & Why do you want to work at H&M?, Why do you think you would be a good fit for store?(H&M)...   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at H&M in April 2014.

The process took 4 weeks. I applied online was contacted by a Store Manager two days later for management job fair. Interviewed by two different store managers they were both extremely pleasant and it was a breeze I then interviewed with the District Facilities Manager and another Store Manager in another joint interview I knew I had it after that. They asked question as to what volume I was use to working in, how would I control payroll, and what opportunities did I think their stores had. 3 weeks then went by and I received a phone call from one of the SM's saying they wanted me to come in for another interview. If you get that call it's a job offer as they like to do it in person.

Interview Questions
    I came in pretty high for my experience so they countered at what I really wanted.

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M.

1st interview was over the phone and really basic with typical questions. Experience, Lateness, why H&M? 2nd interview was similar just one on one with the same questions and talking about availability.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time a sales associate went above and beyond for you. (which was a little hard considering this is NY)   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at H&M.

Filled out application, was promptly given a day to come in for first (out of three) interview, easy questions that are normal to be asked for a retail position, second interview and third interview were with two different managers, third "interview" was being offered the position and given a schedule for two weeks for the training process of the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult but rewarding decision you have made so far in your life? (something along those lines)   Answer Question