H&M Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in May 2012.

A telephone interview, 3 other interviews, and a background check

Interview Questions
    • When is a time you hard a difficult customer, and how did you handle them?   View Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in June 2010.

PHONE INTERVIEW AND TWO IN PERSONS.

I was actually surprised at the amount they offered me. It was two dollars over my asking. so I didn't negotiate. But i have heard from others that negotiating is difficult with this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in June 2013.

My initial interview was over the phone with a recruiter in L.A. The interview went well and the recruiter was easy to talk to and outgoing. He then scheduled me for an in person interview about 3 days later
    When I first reached the store, I was surprised how busy it was. When I found a sales associate to tell me I was there for an interview, he complemented me on being on time. However, the manager was not. He had apparently written down the wrong time for our interview (should have been a sign) and I had to wait around for 30 minutes.
    The interview was pretty basic. First you have to fill out a basic background check. He asked me about my previous jobs, what retail experience I had. He then asked how I would deal with difficult customers and difficult situation. Basic retail interview. I felt I did really well and he told me he would contact me in a few days. However, I never heard anything; not even a sorry you didn't get the job. I am convinced they do not hire anyone over 30, that's the only reason I'm sure I didn't get the job-I have years of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay with moving between working in the back room and working on the floor?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in October 2011.

Online applications only. Interviews are usually two to three. Personally, I interviewed with a supervisor first, the second interview was with a store manager, and the third interview was actually the job offer and it was with a store manager from a different store. Neither managers were employed at what would later be my home store.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were reasonable and relevant to the job position.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M.

1st interview was over the phone and really basic with typical questions. Experience, Lateness, why H&M? 2nd interview was similar just one on one with the same questions and talking about availability.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time a sales associate went above and beyond for you. (which was a little hard considering this is NY)   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at H&M.

Filled out application, was promptly given a day to come in for first (out of three) interview, easy questions that are normal to be asked for a retail position, second interview and third interview were with two different managers, third "interview" was being offered the position and given a schedule for two weeks for the training process of the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult but rewarding decision you have made so far in your life? (something along those lines)   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at H&M.

I was contacted by a recruiter and played phone tag for about a week. Once we did speak I was invited to come in for an interview. Once I arrived at the store for my interview I waited for about 30 minutes after the scheduled time i was given. Along with the recruiter was another manager who set in for the interview. After about 15 or 20 minutes they both left the room to discuss there thoughts and returned soon after. I was offered a position as a sales associate at the starting pay rate. I was convinced and "promised" the advancement opportunity for the position I actually applied for, therefore I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions that I can recall, however, I was asked if I could be any animal in the world what would I be and why.   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

got an email for the position was new to the city. had two interviews. first was with the store manager which i didn't know at the time and second was a dept manager. and the second one really is just an offer letter. if you get a second call you got the job

Interview Questions
    • really pretty standard. just was hard to talk about a company i only visited out of state   Answer Question
    they give a letter with the amount they were willing to give it was yes or no

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waldorf, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in August 2013.

I spoke with the store manager about a job. She gave me an application. I filled it out and came in for a interview the same day. Waited for a my background to clear before I got the job offer. Stay on them, because some managers are not organized, They'll forget.

Interview Questions
    Non-negotiable but Transfer comes with a raise based on cost-of-living, that is negotiable.

Department Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

applied online, 2 phone interviews, in person interview with DM